Treasure Planet

Yay a Hanna-Barbera reference! You rock!

e-j-e: If a mere reference rocks, how about a whole HB topic!

On topic, thinking about Treasure Planet…I read Treasure Island way back in elementary school, and it was an edition with the Wyeth illustrations. Looking at the WikiSmartypantsia entry on TP, it looks like the animators drew on Wyeth for inspiration. Cool! Also as a youth, I was thrilled by the 1950 Disney film with Robert Newton as LJS. Even after all those fine long-ago memories, Treasure Planet still holds up as an enjoyable update/continuation.

I wasn’t bothered by Silver’s appearence or the cat-dogs, but I totally see why you were, Steve. The whole movie looked a little weird, but I think it was supposed to.

I’m currently watching the movie right now for the first time.

*I love, love, love the animation. It’s a perfect blend of CG and hand drawn. The movie was just well animated in general.

*The best character makes it into the movie half way through, I’m of course talking about B.E.N.

*I personally am not too fond of the plot and story, or the music.

Overall, it’s a decent movie. But I agree with a lot of posters before me, it lacked something. But it somewhat made up for that with its stunning animation.

I liked this movie a lot. It’s like Atlantis; you may not like it, but you have to admit it’s pretty!! 8D

I just saw this movie for the first time recently. I really liked it, and I thought the characters were cool.

I didn’t care for one thing, though. [spoil]Amelia! :imp:[/spoil]

My favorite character was Jim’s mom.

I heard about Treasure planet from it being mentioned a few times here and there, and I talked about it with one of my friends who told me that I had to see the film. Needless to say, I got around seeing the film. I am curious on how the original pitch for this was done back in the 80’s. From my understanding, Ron and John had an interest to do this since the 80’s.

Its Treasure Island in space, but needless to say. I got a kick out of this movie. The animation was fantastic as well as the CG that was used in this film. Like what everyone else said, the film felt like it was missing something. I happened to enjoy Long John in this film. Am I the only one who thought it was a good idea to make him a cybrog?

I like her too.

I feel bad that this and Atlantis: The Lost Empire were the only ones I was not interested in seeing as a kid. When I finally saw it, though, this was rather neat. My favorite part is the I’m Still Here scene. Such a non-Disney-type song, yet such a Disney scene!

This movie didn’t deserve to bomb, but I think most of it was due to the advertising. I think it’s just me, but all movies that end up bombing, good or bad, all have this certain look to them. I can’t explain it, but it’s this certain feeling I get. It’s when I watch the trailer that I almost feel sorry for the characters and studio because it looks like something that could bomb.

Oh gosh I love this movie. I’ve seen it a while back, but ever since I read Treasure Island I’ve been contemplating re-watching it. I have it on DVD, so maybe I can watch it in Dutch too.

I really love this movie and have the DVD. This and Atlantis:TLE are way too over looked. I guess if you were looking for Beauty and the Beast or Lion King I could understand your disappointment. But you can look at the DVD box/trailer and see they’re action movies. Personally I give it a solid 8.5 because I honestly think it’s sweet and like -almost- everything about it.