Up Characters!

Oooooh nice catch RaeKasey! It’s all in the little details…

Wow, I hadn’t spotted that before! Pixar always manages to think of these things. Well done for spotting that, RaeKasey.

I’m so glad with the diverse character choices that Pixar goes for. I mean, they’re always pushing the envelope, while other studios are still stuck doing ‘talking animal’ movies, they have already explored talking toys, cars, and robots! And now not only have they an elderly man as a lead, but an Asian kid as a supporting character! Pixar has always been fearless when it comes to stuff like this…

Anyway, forgive my ignorance, but where’s this dog you guys are talking about? Any stills or shots of him from the trailer? I don’t really recall any dog from Ratatouille… :frowning:

I totally agree wtih you, thedriveintheatre! Pixar’s characters have always been unique and they always bring us such unlikely heroes. Just like I never thought two robots could fall in love (and care so much about them!), I never would’ve imagined a 78-year old man and an 8-year old boy to go on a wilderness adventure together. It’s not just the characters that they come up with, it’s the stories they tell with them…

Yeah. I’m no minority (well, not ethnically) but I’m still really glad to see an Asian character as a lead in a Pixar film… plus Russell is SO cute!

Towards the beginning of the movie when Remy is running in and out of people’s houses looking for food, there is the shadow of a dog barking at him.

And here’s a piece of concept art of the dog…

So now we have:

[spoil]Carl Fredrickson - an old man
Ellie - Carl’s former sweetheart
Charles Muntz - an adventurer (and possible antagonist)
Russell - a young Wilderness Ranger
Dug the talking dog
Kevin the female bird[/spoil]

I just got some information about Charles Muntz;

His voice is going to be dirived from Christopher Plummer…now for you who don’t know about Mr. Plummer (as well as myself) This gentleman has starred in 2 famous movies;
1-Sound of Music
and
2-National Treasure (the first)

His character in sound of Music was The General Van Trapp…That sweet singing man who falls in love with Marie…or Maria.

He should make the character of Charles Muntz very interesting and puzzling. We’ll have to wait and see what it comes too.