Up Gets a New Trailer!!!

Whoa! That was really good. Can’t wait for the movie to come out!

Thanks for the links. 720p gives me “Not Found” error but 480p and 1080p work fine.

Great find, Wall_E21! You beat everyone to be the first to post, talk about a grand entrance! Welcome to the Planet! :slight_smile:

What can I say? Pixar has done it again. I can’t wait to see the full-length trailer, as I think this is just a teaser like they always release at the end of the year. We’ll probably see a meatier version early next year.

I liked the intro like Rachel did, and I love the fluid transitions between their movies. Toy Story first, followed by the film that the director of this film has previously done. Other studios should take a leaf from this practice and keep reminding the audience of their previous films, but I guess only this studio is capable of listing all their movies without leaving out any, because technically all of them are masterpieces.

Carl is one cool old man! [spoil]He really gave it to those guys who came to take him way to the retirement home (it’s obvious since they were in nurse’s outfits and they had a van parked outside). I loved it when the balloons just burst out of his roof in a colourful explosion, and like lizardgirl said, when the light filtered through into the little girl’s room. The shot of the lone floating house against the vast sky and clouds was magnificent, as well as the bird’s eye view of the corn fields below. Almost every shot of that trailer was jaw-dropping! And of course, it was hilarious to see poor Russell so helpless and petrified, back pressed against the wall, as well as Carl’s grumpy reluctant admittance at the end.[/spoil]

For some reason, this reminds me of Indiana Jones and Mutt… :slight_smile:

But enough of that. Freak-tastic job Mr Docter, and majestic soundtrack as always, Mr Giacchino! I look forward to the one direction I know I’ll be heading to next summer. :sunglasses:

Oh my gosh, that was awesome! Pixar is on a roll as always! I loved the beginning, because it brought back memories of Pixar’s past masterpieces. And they really got me hooked to Up as well.

Also up @ apple.com. apple.com/trailers/disney/up/

Good spot, Rachel, with the Lifted weather vane. I knew I’d seen it somewhere before! :laughing:

And thanks for the links, bawpcwpn! Looks like you’re already getting into the mood of Up. :smiley:

EDIT: Just noticed the [spoil]Luxo Jr. ball in the little girl’s room, sorry if someone has noticed it and mentioned it before, but I got all excited when I saw it. :laughing: Plus, anyone else love how Carl has four tennis balls on the end of his walking stick? Just looks really funny to me. :laughing:[/spoil]

I didn’t wanna see any previews but I just watched it and … wow. :open_mouth: It looks awesome! I’m still tranfixed by the pretty colors. :laughing:

What an Up-lifting trailer! :slight_smile:

It will be great to have a Pixar film set in the now, and in America because I’m looking forward to how they portray the current, human universe, of which I don’t think they’ve ever done in any of their films, or at least the focus wasn’t on the humans, anyway. [spoil]RusselI’s legs are so chubby[/spoil], heheh! really can’t wait for thiiiiis! =D

On further listening it does seem like the trailer music is stock music, but I just love the quirkiness of it, especially as the beginning. Does anyone know if it’s new footage at the beginning with[spoil] the previous Pixar films? Or did they cut old footage together? Obviously that Toy Story footage is new, but what about The Incredibles, and the like?[/spoil]

lizardgirl - Wow. Nice work with the [spoil]Luxo star ball, there![/spoil] Gotta love Pixar and their in-jokes.

This is my most anticipated film of 2009. Transformers 2 and Watchmen are my 2nd and 3rd.

I swear, when the light plays through the balloons in the little girl’s room, I almost teared up at the beauty of that scene! It reminded me of a texture and lighting assignment we had in my 3D class to simulate a lighting environment in a box with two reflecting metal balls.

I was wondering about the trailer music as well. The track when ‘the turning point’ occurs is from ‘Contact,’ the track entitled ‘Ellie’s Bogey.’

The beginning and ending music tracks I don’t have a clue. The opening sounds like a John Williams piece.

The is trailer is awesome, i love the part where the old guy(forgot his name) rejects the kid in mid air, but then accepts him.

Just spotted a few other amusing things, like how [spoil]Carl has three locks on his front door, so he clearly doesn’t want to let anyone in; the shelf above the little girl’s bed in her bedroom really reminds me of the one that I believe was placed above the bed of the Scare Simulator in Monsters, Inc., probably not the same one or anything, just reminded me of it; when Carl is flying over the fields, it looks as though he flies past the farm from Lifted, though not sure if there’s an exact resembalence as it’s been a while since I’ve seen the short; and does anyone else think there might be a significance with the use of the number 18 as Carl’s house number?[/spoil]

Also, does anyone have any idea as to release dates outside of America yet? Or perhaps it’s a bit too soon to tell.

May I also spot out that [spoil]Carl’s house is the same as the house featured in Lifted[/spoil], I bet no one noticed that.

It looks awesome!!!

Carl Fredricksen is his name and the kid’s name is Russell.

Edited. I combined both of your posts. – Mitch

I watched the trailer a few days ago. Absolutely magnificent. The premise alone is one of Pixar’s most intriguing, dramatic, and unusual, and I whole-heartedly look forward to seeing it for myself on the big screen. Really, there’s something about this work of art that just… draws me into it…

May I point out that a majority of the clips shown in this trailer were also shown at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con. In fact, the only section of the trailer that I had never seen before was the moment where [spoil]Carl refused to let Russell into his home[/spoil]. Nevertheless, it was good to see it again.

(I can’t believe that you guys are already spotting references to other Pixar films in this thing. :laughing: )

Thanks for posting this up, Wall_E21! :wink:

– Mitch

I’m sure that this will be another Pixar hit to come next year.

As for theatrical release in Philippines. It is delayed by about a month or two from USA.
WALL-E was released on June 27 on USA. WALL-E was released in Philippines on August 13.

JhOpZzZz- I’m not sure if other release dates aside from the US one have been released yet. I’ve been searching around on the internet for them for a while, and haven’t come across anything yet, so there’s still time to hope that the delay isn’t too big for most countries outside the US! It does seem to vary wildly from Pixar film to film, though, so although those in the Philippines, for example, had to wait for two months longer for WALL-E, there’s a chance that Up will be released sooner (or, dare I say it, later!) I guess those outside of the US will just have to wait and see for now.

JhOpZzZz - Here’s the thread for Up Release Dates. Those are the only ones I know of for now, but if I find any more countries, like Philippines, then I’ll add to that thread. =)

Well, I’ll just know the release of Up in the Philippines by the time a poster of a Pixar movie will be posted on a billboard near our school.

The reason I know of Pixar Movie releases on Philippines is simply because of Pixar Movie poster posted on the billboard. it started since Ratatouille.

Ratatouille was shown on theaters in Philippines July 25 2007 and was released on R3 DVD on November 21, 2007

WALL-E was aired August 13, 2008 and it lasted 4 weeks on Glorietta 4(A mall in the capital city of Manila)

EDIT: I’ve seen the new trailer of Up. It’s amazing!

Did anyone here catch the Up sneak peek hosted by Pete Docter on Disney Channel? It was early during Totally New Year and it featured the trailer, character bios for Carl and Russel featuring concept art and two new clips from the movie. Don’t fret! I think it’ll be on Disney.com tomorow.
Happy New Year!

That sounds really cool, Martin. Make sure to let us know if does end up on the Disney website. (Sometimes the site blocks me because I’m an international visitor.)