Violet's Diary

This is just a stand-alone short-story I wrote as a practice of my writing skills, and since I have not got in touch with writing stories for a while, I thought I start with this simple one.

I would have uploaded it onto the FanFiction.net account I just created, but there’s a 2-days waiting period for new members so, posting it here will have to do.

Some Tony fans might be annoyed by my portrayal of him in the story, so I wouldn’t really recommend this if you are one, even though my intention was not to cast him out or anything.

Summer Memories

July 21st Rainy
The weather’s been abnormal lately, and it isn’t just the rain. There has been no sign of the sun for weeks. It’s either pouring or flooding with clouds. All the chrysanthemums in the garden have shriveled up – not pretty when you’re growing several beds of them. Mum tried to use UV lights to revitalize them. Turns out that certain plants are quite flammable, if that even made sense at all.

The absence of sunlight coincided with his missing status as well. No messages. No calls. No mails. Nothing. Just as the beams of sunshine have mysteriously departed, so has him.

Maybe I should had gave Tony a chance…

There I go again. Heh.

The appearance of these gloomy days has apparenyly bounced me back to that much disdained broken shell, that insecure – and lethal - ‘Shrinking Violet,’ that whom endangered mum and dad’s lives that time… and Dash’s, too.

‘Doubt is a luxury we cannot afford anymore,’ Violet, get that through your head!
If only he was here. His disappearance from my life triggered everything – the doubts, the fears, the longing for his stuck-up attitude, his arrogance, his… kind words, offered without request, carrying such warmth that would make it seem like it’s Summer again.

That’s exactly what I need right now: warmth. I have gotten a cold again. Mum took me to the doctor this morning, he said it was nothing but a small flu. But to me, this common illness brought me back to that day, when I had also caught the flu… on the first day of Summer.

A cold hit me. As Summer began. Thus rendering me helpless in participating in any mission on that day, and more importantly, preventing me from cheering Tony on for his championship match… because of this one, annoying illness.

But, instead of being ‘110%’ devoted to his ‘big game,’ he showed up, inspite of being part of the championship series as well. He. Not Tony.

I’m not blaming Tony for not visiting me when I was sick, it’s just that I was glad that he, on that cold, lonely Summer morning, came over and ensured I was alright before heading to his game. I was asleep at that time, but once again, he made known of his short visit.

It was so like him. Drop by unnoticed, leaving either a message on my cell – yeah, on my cell – or write a simple note, placing it by my side thereafter, oftenly accompanying either which with a gift of a simple appearance, yet one that represents his concern for me.

I wasn’t at all upset about Tony. He didn’t do anything wrong. Even if he did, being upset was the least of all reason for me to do what I did; leaving him for… that guy.

I guess I was just following my heart. Tony was sweet, but he wasn’t able to comfort me the way he did when I was troubled. He didn’t felt like someone I could leave my whole life secured upon. As the warm days of Summer came to a closure near the end of June, I gradually felt that the feelings I had for Tony wasn’t love, but pure infatuation. I realized the realness of that when Tony went missing for a week after being kidnapped by one of the major villains we were facing.

At that time, I thought I wouldn’t stop crying till my eyes go blind, but there was nothing. No tears, no sorrow, just worries for a friend’s fate, a really, really good friend.

We were able to rescue him before much harm was done, fortunately, but I wished that I wasn’t there, or rather, that he wasn’t there, as it was then when I told Tony the truth. I didn’t want to. It felt terrible to hurt him like that. It felt worse seeing the reaction on his face. But, he was there, and Tony was about to kiss me before him. It might not have felt right hurting Tony, but it felt worse to deceive the two nicest guys I’ve met in my life – save Dad – who have, both of them, undoubtedly truly cared about me with all their heart.

I’m so lucky to have met them, and even though I might not be dating Tony Rydinger anymore, he would always have a special place in my heart; that sweet, kind football jockey boy.

As for him? I guess I ought to just patiently wait. I have not heard from him since that confession. Did I do the right thing? Is there even a right and wrong in following my heart? I don’t know. All that’s left in my mind are the blissful days he spent with me throughout last month, those beautiful Summer memories.

Despite the gloomy state of these past weeks, I kept fighting on in hope of his return. I have to stop here now, the phone’s been ringing for about half a minute now. Mum and Dad are out, so I guess it’s up to me to take up this mission.

Until next time, I’ll be missing you, KID.

VioletXXX

Really nice entry Dragon. I loved reading Vi’s POV on her realtionship with Tony and how it wasn’t working out. Keep it up. I look forward to reading more entriees from her.

Thanks, TSS. Glad to hear a positive opinion from a devoted Incredibles fun such as you. :wink:

As for additional diary entries from her, it might happen, but I am currently working on… something else, and I also have an upcoming exam in about less than 26 hours (and I’ve yet to study for it, at all :stuck_out_tongue: ). So, it’s pretty cramped up, not to mention that if all that is done, I might consider writing a full-length story rather than short diary entries, but that is quite improbable to happen, so don’t get your hopes up again.

Regardless, thanks again for posting. :wink:

What ever you have planned Dragon, I’ll tell you that I will be quite excited to read it. If it doesn’t hurt to ask, can you give me a summary of your future projects?

Thanks for the interest in my work, TSS. It wouldn’t hurt to tell you. It’s just that I don’t really want the unnecessary pressure from all the attention, that’s all.

Currently, I am working on a video. I am still not completely sure what kind, but I want to make something related to Up. My current idea is to make a mesh-up, but that seems a little common around these boards, especially with thedriveintheater doing such a fine job, so I might change that as I go along. Feel free to drop any suggestions of what you desire to watch. After all, if such fan vids in the forums are made for you guys, why couldn’t it be made (or contributed) by you guys? :wink:

After that, I feel like settling down for something smaller: Photoshopping signatures and avatars. If I have the time, I will try and do masking. It will take about less than a week or so, but if I have to deal with Violet’s hair… :shake:

Then, as mentioned in my previous post, if all goes well, I might consider working on an Incredibles fan fiction, of which its publicity should be kept as small as possible due to its unstable nature. In other words, you won’t hear much from me about it. It will just show up when it is ready for your enjoyment, rather than being partial or fragmented. That will take a lot of time, and I would have to take breaks from it once in a while. During those breaks, however, I might return to the relaxing task of Photoshopping once more, which means more sigs and avies. And, if I have any remaining time squeezed out, more vids, too - making trailers is just so much fun.

So, that’s about it. Again, do not, I repeat, do not have high expectations. It would just give me a lot more pressure than I have already gained from telling you about my Upcoming work (yeah, can’t help grabbing the chance to apply the pun).

Other than that, thanks a lot for reading, and I will check back with you cool peeps pretty soon. :sunglasses:

~ Flare

If you guys are still interested in that Incredibles Sequel i recently got an MSn Messenger and could finally help you guys, i wouldn’t be able to start this summer because my incredibles 3 fan fiction should be worked on over my summer camp, but other then that in the fall would be the perfect time for me to work on something.

Yeah, I would like that. Working on a fan fiction on my own is tiring, and with college squeezing out all my time and all, my fan fiction project would take forever to complete.

My current MSN is still working if you want to add me:
Akai_SC@hotmail.com

Alright i set up a group for us…
Incredibles2Group@groups.live.com

If anyone else would like to join we could give away quick blips of the progress we make…sorta like updates only secrets… :smiley:

The website is
Incredibles2Group.groups.live.com