Voice Actors

He’s in the Flintstones, Yogi Bear, and I think Looney Tunes. Correct me; I’m not exactly a fan! I’ve just heard these things.

Oh, thanks for that. I was hoping for specifics, but I’ll look him up.

Nope, not Yogi Bear.

I can’t even begin to list all the voices. Basically every Looney Tune except Elmer Fudd. His tombstone says “Man of 1,000 voices” He’s the godfather of voice acting, the one who turned it into an art, really.

Oh wow, he definetely sounds like a legend to the craft. I can’t believe I never knew who he was until I knew who he played.

Sorry. I must have been thinking of someone else. :frowning: I get people mixed up in my mind sometimes.

I have to say Laurie Metcalf. She usually plays mother characters. I only know her from the Toy Story series, Treasure Planet, and Meet The Robinsons. She seems under rated, I can’t believe no one’s mentioned her yet!

Yep, she has a good voice. I saw Treasure Planet last night, and I enjoyed it. She has a nice voice, but I wouldn’t say she’s my favorite personally. She’s kind of type casted into animation as a mom (Even in Persepolis she was cast as ‘mom of teenage boy’) and doesn’t have an impressive voice range. It was nice to see her play a different character in Meet the Robinsons.

She’s in Persepolis? But that movie’s in French! :confused: Okay, I’ll have to look into that. 8D Does Laurie speak French? I understand why you don’t think she’s the best. I don’t even think that. I just find her voice very recognisable and like the roles she has.

My personal favorite is Tara Strong. But one thing I didn’t know about her was that she is an amazing singer too.

She was in the English version. They redid the voices for International release in English.

Laurie Metcalf’s good. I wouldn’t say she’s mazing but I think she’s talented.

Another voice actor I like is Don Messick. My sister loves him, she is a massive Transformers fan and whenever Ratchet starts speaking she starts to talk about Don Messick. I think he’s great and is without a doubt one of the best voice actors.
I still can’t believe no one has mentioned Frank Welker. He has over 600 credits and I think if anyone can do more voices than Mel Blanc it’s him. I wouldn’t say he was better than Mel Blanc, but in my opinion he comes close. He’s also something like the highest grossing actor ever or something like that.

He’s great too. My favorite characters of his are BooBoo and Ranger Smith. He actually had a stroke while recording voices and had to retire.

I like Frank Welker too, he’s Father Time in Histeria!, which is a pretty good show.

Hmm, I’ve only seen the French version of Persepolis. Darn. :frowning: Starz only has French. :cry:

Denis Leary-A Bug’s Life and Ice Age series

I’m thrilled to see lots of my favorites already being listed! Woo!

In absolutely no order;
Wayne Allwine,
Jim Cummings,
Nathan Lane,
Jason Marsden,
Rob Paulsen,
Jeff Bennett,
Martin Short,
Ken Samson,
Lea Salonga,
Dom DeLuise
Bill Farmer

Absolutely fantastic list Gazelle! I’m glad to see another fan Lea here! She has a fantastic voice. Her and Nathan Lane are my favorite theatre actors.

I like Signourey Weaver’s works, but, don’t you think they’re being discriminate on her voice, since they’ve used her most commonly for automatous, emotionless, A.I. voice-overs? For one good example, how she had some voice overs for the ship’s computer in Wall-E, i’m just wondering if it’s a little cruel to make it seem apparent that her voice isn’t exactly so heartfelt!

Johnny Yong Bosch is one voice actor that I like. He played ichigo from bleach. He’s hilarious.

Kathy Najimi - You probably recognize her name (she was Mary in WALL-E). My favorite role of her’s is Peggy in King of the Hill.

Ooh, I love her!! She is funny on KotH. It’s one of the few shows I watch.

Now that is one show I love but cant watch!!! My mom thinks its bad because its on adult swim but its really not! :frowning:

I know. I’m not allowed to watch it, but I used to.