WALL-E Ad Watch!

You got awesome pictures there ! :smiley:
In France we didn’t have that much entertainement for Wall-e… :frowning:
So thanks to you i get to see it anyways ! :slight_smile:

Starting this week, I’ve been seeing little Wall-E spots on Oz’s Channel Nine network. The first one I saw was after Rush Hour 2 on Monday night around 10+pm, it was the vacuum vignette, except they had the Nine logo next to Wall-E after the dust cleared. Then sometime around mid-week, they showed the basketball vignette, except they replaced the ball with the Channel Nine dot. It was quite late in the night too.
I have no idea why they’re showing these ads past their target audience’s bedtime. Even stranger, they didn’t even show the title card, so the average moviegoer who hasn’t heard about Wall-E will be curious about this little bot invading their screens. Hopefully they’ll start airing them more frequently and at primetime spots as we get closer towards the release date. But hey, at least makes the uninitiated curious and get them to find out more about the movie! Seems Channel Nine will be affiliated with Wall-E’s TV marketing campaign. It was a very unexpected (and pleasant) surprise for me to suddenly see our reluctant hero appear on the telly.
Has anyone else in Oz seen these spots? :smiley:

Consider it’s been heavily reported that WALL-E has played better with adults than children in many cases, I don’t think they are showing them past their target audience’s bedtime. I think Pixar is going for both adults and children with WALL-E advertising, and the ads you’ve seen have simply been the ones aimed at adults.

Hey rachelcakes! Yeah, I was gonna do a post about the ad, I saw it yesterday night when I returned home. My bro was watching the Olympics and then I saw a glimpse of the ad and pointed it out to him. Seems like 7’s airing it during primetime now!
And I already saw that clip you’ve mentioned, it was shown in one of the featurettes, it’s so cute!
Anyway, I’m going to see the premiere tonight. No timing specified in the competition details, so I hope I arrive early enough not to miss it. I do hope they do a proper red-carpet event, cos’ I’ll be unable to enter the theatre itself as they don’t sell tickets to the general public. There’s not even a mention on the Hoyts website, so I’m not sure whether it’s even on! Fingers crossed… :confused:

Wow, you mean he’s starting to appear in the idents (that’s what those ‘Tonight On…’ bits are called)? That’s cool! That’s an improvement from the nameless cameos he made from last week.
I saw two buses five minutes apart with the “Most Advanced Robot in the World” poster (with a pic of Wall-E rolling inside the hula hoop) on their back panels this morning. Hype is definitely building up…
Speaking about ads, as a quick aside, I’ll add a little shameless plug for my YT channel. Earlier on in the Fan Videos thread, I mentioned I’ll be starting my own little campaign for Wall-E here Down Under. I’ve added some teaser taglines to the info on my Channel page. You know, the one-liner that hints at what’s upcoming but doesn’t really reveal it (although I already have, in this thread :stuck_out_tongue: ). Fans who have seen the ‘Space Walk’ clip should get the meaning of the message. :wink: I have some stuff planned in the coming weeks leading up to Wall-E’s Oz release, so stay tuned for more details.
End of off-topic shameless plug. Next time I bring my cam, I’ll see if I can snap a pic of the buses.

maybe in Australia it’s called Buzz lightyear instead of Toy Story. movies in other countries sometimes change the name…no idea why… o_0

ok…
why’d they call it buzz lightyear in the poster then?

maybe it was a missprint or a joke.

Hello… now, new promotion in my room XD. (From Spain)

Wow, that’s so cool, El principito! Where did you get that from? Was it like a giveaway or something?

And welcome to Pixar Planet. :smiley:

Like everyone else said, you’re one really lucky guy, El principito! I hope that I can get a part-time stint at a local theatre and earn 'em promo materials too! Love that H*llboy (should it be censored on this forum?) poster of Liz at the back!

Thanks a lot for uploading those videos, Rachel! I really got a laugh out of the first one. xD WALL-E dances ten times better then I do!

The last one is my favorite, though. Ben Burtt’s ‘WALL-E voice’ made me smile, and Andrew Stanton was very cool, as always. I think my favorite part was WALL-E saying “G’day!”, though. squeals THAT IS BEYOND ADORABLE. I think that 'bot can do ANYTHING now, and have me go into complete fangirl mode every time. xD (I didn’t even know I had a fangirl mode!)

I caught this in a “Challenger” electronics store, so I figure it’s an ad for the game.

That’s amazing, WBoon! WALL-E’s so big! :open_mouth:

Yeah, they have those big WALL•Es everywhere now…

Yeah, they had one of those at my theater when the movie first came out. I really should have taken a picture with it…<< >>

There are still tv ads for it on Foxtel, they’re just becoming less frequent. One time I was watching TV1 at around 1AM and I saw a WALL•E ad. It seemed to be the superbowl ad “Myeah he goes beyond.” Of course, Foxtel always had weird ad timing so it didn’t surprise me.

Fox8 2AM: OMG IT’S THE BAKUGAN BATTLE BRAWLERZ! GET THEM ALL!

I wish they’d play more TV commercials for WALL•E… maybe they cost to much to run.

did anyone see this vignette? WALL-E meets a Wii! :smiley: I never saw it until now… it’s on the WALL-E videogame website
youtube.com/watch?v=65DoQ4h5W9M

we had one of those super walle’s at our threatre before the movie came out…it was soo cute.