WALL-E Box Office!

This is BRILLIANT! So, WALL-E is not only an amazingly film, but everyone else has realised it! Now I really want WALL-E to make a stupid amount of money so there will finally be a strong correlation between good quality films and lots of money.

I hope people begin to see that too lizardgirl. Some filmmakers give up quality of their films just to make some cash, but PIxar proves once again yu can make an amazing movie and still get a lot of money.

The actual opening weekend numbers are in:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=wall-e.htm

Nice! Up to $63 million.

I’m seeing it again this weekend. We need to support this film people! Spread the word!

Anybody else concerned about WALL-E’s word of mouth?

I’ve talked to some people who thought it was “boring.” Even though the reviews on rottentomatoes.com have been great, it seems like the word of mouth from your common person is not as good as Ratatouille’s. Even the theater I saw it in didn’t applaud like they did when I watched Ratatouille, Cars, The Incredibles, etc… Disappointing to say the least. People are even saying they liked Kung Fu Panda better - which was a good movie, don’t get me wrong - but personally I feel WALL-E is in a whole different league.

I have only read online how many people really loved the movie. What are your experiences? Do you find people like this movie more or less than they did Ratatouille?

It’s a long way to $206 million (Ratatouille’s US total), and I am really hoping WALL-E makes a whole lot more than that. Just worried from what I’ve heard, that’s all, and I’m hoping you all have different experiences.

Most of the people who I’ve talk to (outside of the internet) thought it was good. Though I heard alot people just say its “cute”.

Woot!

Im hopefully going to go see WallE tomorrow :slight_smile:

ES: Wel, I have gotta tell you I find myself guilty of finding some parts of WALL-E a little dragging. I think Pixar really did a fabulous job with it, but in my opinion, WALL-E is not Pixar’s best film. I too think Ratatouille did a little better n my eyes. And well, no one applauded after WALL-E was finished.

I know. I’m still worried.

One of my friends walked out of the theater cause they got so bored.

The other thought it was good…but they wouldn’t watch it again.

I thought this would be doing excellent! The trailers were some of Pixar’s best…They advertised it like crazy…Whenever a trailer for it came on…I always heard people saying…AWW IT’S WALL-E!

But, now I’m hearing all this ‘It’s so boring…’ ‘there’s hardly any dialogue’

People just don’t understand good films. All they want is death, blood, and bang bang shoot em up scenes.
:frowning:

Yeah, seriously.

I’m wondering if this would be doing much better in the winter. People expect “mindless fun” in their summer blockbusters. WALL-E is definitely a movie that has more to it than just mindless fun.

Do you know anybody who has absolutely loved the movie? I feel like I’m the only one I know so far, and it could be my Pixar fanboyism shining through. :laughing:

I thought it was the best thing Pixar’s ever done. Really a big risk and I appreciate that about the film. I wish it resonated with everyone more but oh well.

I was predicting at least $250 million for this film, but right now I am hoping it gets to at least $210 million. I am worried about a Prince Caspian type of drop after the first week.

Funnily enough, a friend just texted me a few minutes after I posted this saying they watched WALL-E and thought it was “unbelievably awesome.” Really weird.

I think if word of mouth stays extreme one way or the other, it could help. If people saying it was “GREAT” equal the number of people saying it was “boring,” the other people will buy tickets to see for themselves. :wink: Certainly would be much better than people not caring about it one way or the other.

Great analysis on WALL-E’s first weekend: [url]http://www.boxofficeprophets.com/column/index.cfm?columnID=10768&cmin=10&columnpage=1[/url]

If you feel like the only one, you obviously haven’t seen me around here yet. XD

:laughing: I meant in real life, not online. Obviously Pixar Planet folk will share my WALL-E love.

Wall-E garnered almost 9 mill on monday :smiley: Pretty good for the week.

How much did Kung Fu Panda get opening weekend?

Yep! That’s really good for a weekday!

Boxofficemojo also has this great chart comparing Wall-e to Kung Fu Panda, Cars, and Ratatouille. So far Wall-e is winning (check out the Daily Box Office to compare).

That is good to hear that it is doing better.

Well, yeah, it’s PIXAR. That’s enough to get people to cough up 7-9 bucks at the movie theater.

$60 mil. At the moment WALL-E is about $6 million ahead of Panda’s pace.