WALL-E clips randomly out of order?!

I can confirm all of this. It’s not the program, it’s the DVD itself. Doesn’t matter what you use. It puts the clips into a random order to try and prevent piracy. Best thing I can suggest is a screen-recording program like ScreenFlow (Mac) or Snapz Pro (Mac) or Hypercam (PC) that records the whole screen or just the area you specify. Then pop in the DVD, and play it while recording and waalaa!

DVD decrypter is designed to get past the copy protection.

little_chef_eva09: Thank you
FONY: Does the DVDShrink rip the whole movie automatically? I’m not used to this program…

Please, can anyone answer my question ASAP? Please?

bright dot-dasher:

Here’s how to rip your movie using DVD Shrink…

After the DVD has loaded, you click the “Re-Author” button and look for the actual movie file, which is most likely the only one that is just over an hour long. You can skim through the clip in the preview pane just to make sure it’s the right one. When you’ve found it, drag it into the “DVD Structure” window and click “Back it up”. Make sure to save it in a folder on your hard drive where you’ll easily be able to find it.

Once it is finished, you can find the ripped movie in the “VIDEO_TS” folder, which is automatically created when you press “Back it up”. Most likely, DVD Shrink will split the hour-long video into 1GB-sized chunks, making it easier to rip clips.

Now, depending on what program you use, you can use the raw VOB files to work with; but you may have to convert them depending on the capabilities of your video editing program to a more versatile format, like AVI or MPEG1 or MPEG2. These “chunks” will be labeled as “VTS_01_1”, “VTS_01_2,” etc.

I’m not sure why, but when I went to rip my copy of Ratatouille the other day, it saved it as one huge file that I don’t know what to do with. I’m going to try it again and hope it does the “file chunk” format, which is by far easier to work with.

I hope this has helped, bright dot-dasher, as it is just about the most of my knowledge of the program. But it’s basically all anyone needs to know. If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll do what I can to answer them. :wink:

little chef

I watned to post an update about Walle…

I downloaded Decrypter and also Videora Ipod converter and in about 2 days i had most of my dvd’s onto my ipod. The stuff works good…although…

Walle
Ratatouille
Narnia
Meet The Robinsons

These titles would not decrypte at all…

little_chef_eva09: Thanx so much for the steps! It really means a lot to me to get this info! Thank you for your help! :smiley:

Al-Bob: Maybe it’s some scratches on the discs, or perhaps there’s just something about the DVD that just doesn’t cooperate with the program.

For me and DVDShrink, some work fine and others don’t…considering most of the DVDs I use are rentals and aren’t taken care of properly anyway.

It’s best to have other programs available on your computer for backup. I now have DVDShrink, AoA DVD Ripper, HyperCam, and in desperate times when all else fails, I record it with my video camera (not the best quality, but still works).

I hate to sound like I always have problems, but for some reason, none of my DVDs would cooperate with DVDShrink…even those that are new and have no scratches or smudges.:confused: The only one that did work was this rental some time ago.

EDIT: Finding Nemo also worked fine. One thing that’s strange is how I got some Disney DVDs that worked fine with AoA DVD Ripper before all the time and now all of a sudden AoA DVD Ripper seems to fail at everything.

I can’t remember whether you told me which OS you use (I knew you use Windows Movie Maker, so I guess you only have Windows), but if you have a Mac, you could try Handbrake. I tried with mixed results. I could rip the files, but I never really succeeded in rendering them as video files, so you might need a little technical expertise to figure it out. :slight_smile:

I have has the same problem with doing that, I’ve used a few of the programs you mentioned and ultimately I gave up trying to do it myself. I ended up downloading a torrent file with it fixed for me (yes I know it’s not legal but what choice did I have? >_<)

So ya, if you have no other choice, you might try using Torrents. As long as you don’t go selling it as your back-up copy or anything. :confused:

DVD Decryptor can’t handle modern Disney DVD encryption, MacTheRIpper can handle them tho, but that is a mac program. I use MPEG streamclip to get seperate clips from the VOB files or merge them into one movie.