Wall-E fanart

I posted this in the WALL-E forums WALL-E Builders thread and thought you guys may want to see it.

One of our newest members named Clay is off to a good start with his WALL-E replica.

I hope you like it.

Scot
[url]http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/wallebuilders/[/url]

Ohio_Astromech - That’s pretty dang cool. It’s nice to see the size comparison between WALL•E and R2. I didn’t realize that the WALL•E unit was that tall.

Thanks for sharing that with us!

– Mitch

P.S. I had to refer to the link since the image you provided doesn’t seem to be working.

That’s weird.
I can see it from my PC.

I guess if anyone wants to see it they can goto the photos area on the WALL-E Builders Yahoo Group.

We are starting to lean closer to a smaller scale for WALL-E based on the Boot, Spork lunch box, light bulb and Rubix Cube.
The one on our front page is smaller than the Disney WALL-E so he could have been quite a bit larger.

I think the Disney WALL-E they were taking around the country is bigger that 1:1 scale.

Scot

Heh. Nevermind. It works now. I don’t know why it wouldn’t show up for me earlier.

Very cool. That’s a pretty huge model, actually. I love it when people are dedicated enough to commit their time to something like this. Keep up the great work!

– Mitch

My question is, what happens to all these WALL-Es when they’re done and finished? :laughing:

And that’s a pretty impressive WALL-E replica there! Looks like it’s made out of plastic or something. The blue in the eyes looks great, very much like WALL-E himself.

Currently the ones that have been built are on display in the homes of those who have built them.

We hope to have a club gathering someday at a Sci-Fi or Comic Con just like the R2 Builders.

Once we get him rolling (Possibly this year.) We invision Children’s Hospital and school visits.

I think Clay said it was made from sintra found at Lowes or Home Depot.

Scot

Ohio_Astromech- Ah, I see, that’s cool. If you ever do have a gathering of all these WALL-Es, it would be incredible just to see how everyone’s interpreted the same character differently and overcome the obstacles of creating a replica model like that. And the kids would love to see them too!

Some day we will have a gathering.
Hopefully at a convension otherwise it will be something like the R2LA gatherings the R2 Builders have.

You should see the CANstruction one of our members did that is on display at their Mall.

Scot

One of our newset members has started building his own WALL-E Replica.

His name is Neil Ellis and he is a professional model builder.

His ability to produce accurate rust and texture is amazing,

He used our club drawings to build him and this project so far is amazing.

Scot Washburn
[url]http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/wallebuilders/[/url]

Hmm…there seems to be something wrong with his head. Don’t know what though…just can’t put my finger on it. :laughing:

Anyway, that has got to be the most accurate replica I’ve ever seen. He’s even almost nailed the eyes and lens! Amazing!

I say ‘almost’ because WALL•E’s lens have white lettering on them.
/excessive nitpicking :stuck_out_tongue:

Neil found surplus lenses on ebay to use for WALL-E’s eyes.

WALL-E has this text

BnL ap-5.4-10.8mm 5.4/ 8/ 10.8/

around the edge of his lenses so I guess if you can paint that small it would be more accurate. :wink:

WALL-E is pretty easy to build because he is mainly flat panels.

Once you have the basic shape built it is easy just to add flat details until you get the right look.

Weathering is another story.

Neil made his look like real rust using iron filler and vinager.

I can’t wait till he is finished.

Scot

Ohio_Astromech that replica is incredible! Best ive seen. but wheres Wall-E’s other eye?

Neil is working on that right now.
I’m sure within another week we will see more progress on his build.

Scot

Thats awesome man! Be sure to post pictures and updates!

That’s totally awesome! It looks exactly like the real thing! Are any parts of it going to move when it’s done or is this just a stationary model?

I think this one will be static but Tom Jozwiak is planning on his being R/C.

Scot

Thats even cooler! I want an official Wall-E. One that can actually block up garbage, hah, thatd make life easier! I could probably even make some money off of that too! :slight_smile:

That’s so cool! I really admire the expertise and passion this Builder’s Club has. It’s gob-smacking! Be sure to take a group pics of all the Wall-E’s so we can coo over them. :wink:

If we ever go to a convention we will be sure to.
We have members from California to Maine, Australia to England and everywhere in between so getting all of them together in one place may be difficult.

Scot

PS. Here is the latest photo of Neils progress.

I never cease to be amazed by this group! The rust on that WALL-E looks absolutely incredible, and the eyes are just perfect.