WALL-E inspired music from commericial

Here in Australia there’s this product for a herbal supplement that apparently helps people get to sleep better, and the commercial for it totally ripped off the music from WALL-E! I must admit, it is very tranquil and it does suit the ad well, but they are passing it off as their own, and that’s what irks me a bit - companies being paid to write their OWN music, but they just steal someone else’s. But what can you do? Here’s the commercial if you want to listen:

youtube.com/watch?v=_bIZhQSFEls

And I also made a thread about the same thing happening with the music from The Incredibles! The Thunderbirds' Incredible Take-off!

Oy vey! :unamused:

Oh my god Rachel, I saw that ad being played here and I thought the very same thing! It really does sound like ‘The Axiom’! I wanted to start a thread on this but I couldn’t find the ad on Youtube, so I dropped the idea.

Thanks for sharing this with our non-Oz members. Nice to know I wasn’t the only one who thought so! I’m sure Gabe musta seen this as well. :mrgreen:

The commercial with The Incredibles music sounds coincidental to me, but the one for WALL-E sounds like it was ripped right out of the film.

Oh my goodness, it is. It’s like the first few bars from The Axiom :neutral_face: .
But I still like it :mrgreen:

Wow, you’re right Rachel, good find! I hadn’t seen that advert yet. It’s even in the same key (d-flat) as The Axiom. Well, as they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…

(Hm… and it’s for sleep medicine too…)

Oh, don’t you guys remember this one from the Wall-E soundtrack thread? :

[i]thedriveintheatre » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:57 am
I was thinking of starting a new thread for this, but I think I’ll post it here instead.

Anyway, Neil and Level_Head from Wall-E Forums have brought to my attention two instances of the soundtrack from Wall-E being used in other productions!

The first is this ident for RTE TWO, an Irish TV channel. Have a listen:[/i]

youtube.com/watch?v=tj_P_DrV … r_embedded

The opening chords are unmistakably from ‘Bubble Wrap’.

It’s still my favorite Wall-E soundtrack ripoff…

Yep, another excellent one, DHoSW, thanks!

I’ve noticed this with many commercials where they put soundtracks from movies into commercials that sell something. I’m not too concerned about it. They usually have to pay a royalty anyways (I think). What I wouldn’t be to happy with is if one of my compositions was put in a commercial and I wasn’t given a heads up about it.