WALL•E Reviews

Walleuse - Yeah, every time I see WALL•E I just want to pick up and and cuddle him like a baby. I think the big eyes bring out the mothering instinct.

I’ve just seen Wall-E for the second time, before it runs out of theaters.
It’s the first time I’m going to see a movie twice, and +, twice in a month ! :astonished:
And I loved it, again. I’ll tell you why tomorrow, 'cause it’s 2:00 am here, and I’m very tir…zzzzz.

Here are several reviews from Sydney’s local newspapers. Generally they are full of compliments for Wall-E.

The first is from Sydney Morning Herald. I liked the second-last paragraph where he made an analogy between Wall-E and Eve’s love and the tenacious relationshop of Pixar and Disney now.

The second is from the Sun Herald (the Sunday edition of SMH). It sung many praises for this movie. Here’s some of the kudos from the piece:

The third is from the Daily Telegraph. I read their feature article (Be sure to watch their two online videos for an interview with Mr Stanton, Mr Burtt and Wall-Ehimself!) and the review on paper. I liked this quote in particular, from the review, which basically sums up what’s wrong with animation today.

The final one is from The Australian. It’s also in favour of Wall-E, and though it says Wall-E is not above “ingratiating gimmickry and cuteness”, it counterargues that:

I’ll post my own review of this magnificently stupendous film when I’ve had time to gather my thoughts. Ooh…

Thanks for those reviews, thedriveintheatre. I didn’t expect the Aussie media to “get” WALL•E as much as they did. All of those reviews a very flattering, that’s great news.

Here’s a scan from the Australian version of Rolling Stone magazine. It may be the same review from the US version of the magazine, though. I don’t come across this sort of rating too often with RS, and the review is… well, you’ll just have to read it yourself. :wink: link

And here’s the verdict from David and Margaret from At the Movies. Margaret always annoys me because she has admittedly never bought into “animated films” because she can’t get past the fact that it’s animated. In this review she even praises animation, but for the wrong reason - she should have praised the script for carrying our attention! Oh well. David has always had a similar taste as me, anyway. link

My Review…

Entertainment…9/10
Excitement…8.5/10
Storyline…8.5/10
Characters…9.5/10

Overall Rating…9/10

Overall a great film that will mark new standards for pixar feature films. A must see for the entire family and extended family.

Sorry…it’s a bit long. This is a review I wrote ages ago when I first saw the movie. There may very well be spoilers in there. So BE WARNED…SPOILERS BELOW.

Ahem…apologies for the length.

eh, I really didn’t like Wall-e that much.

please don’t kill me! xD

No one is going to kill you. :unamused: THats okay if you don’t like WALL-E as much as others. Join the club.

Wall-E made me re-order my priorities in terms of favorite Pixar films. It now stands as #1, but I like them all for different reasons. Mostly, I just just appreciate the storytelling skill that has gone into Wall-E and its brethren. Working a little in the entertainment business myself, its sometimes shocking to me how people can’t tell a good piece of work from a bad. This film is so clearly superior to anything of its genre, it makes me happy just looking at a picture of the characters.

The level of attention to detail, the little inside jokes, etc. There’s not a wasted frame in the entire film.

it was a great movie . i found him very cute, hope they make a sequel

Wall E was a great movie and also i want to mention that i like the Inglorious duck shown above! that’s so funny! :smiley: :smiley: