Wall-E: The Fan Game ~ DEMO 2 OUT NOW!

This looks really cool! Looking forward to completion!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Development has been a bit slow lately because I’ve been getting ready for school and all, But once school is back in for a few weeks I’ll be right back on it. :slight_smile:

I’m mostly working on adding finishing touches and maybe a few bugs here and there, so a demo by or before Christmas WILL happen.

Sorry MyGames19, I’ve received your PM, but I’m a bit busy with assignments lately. I may have more time to give your demo a go (all the feedback is making me curious about it!), so I’ll try it out and give feedback when I have the chance.

But keep on preserving regardless, I truly admire your dedication. Looking forward to the great Christmas gift! :wink:

thedriveintheatre: That’s Okay. Just send me a PM When you are avalable and I’ll send you a new link (I removed the original downloads for security purposes - no out-sourcing download links!)

Hehe, Maybe I’ll hold out on the demo just for that reason… :smiley:

~On the Twelfth day of Christmas,
a user gave to me,
A demo of his Wall-E Fangame!~

(well, not yet… But it’s almost ready!)

It was weeks before Christmas, and all threw the house,
someone was stirring, and it wasn’t a mouse.
Thew the door and the entry way,
sat a boy who had nothing to say.
leaned forward in his chair and upright in his mind,
he couldin’t help to think who’d find,
that all this work was left behind.
So he toiled throughout the day and night,
and here his is, and man, what a sight.
with the polish and shine of a bowling ball,
or the spit on the end of some black soled shoes,
the gift was ready, the wrapping was nice,
the time was now and the price was right!
So sit back and marvel, or maybe stare,
because the Fangame’s almost here for you!
Merry Christmas!
~Mygames19

P.S. Santa says you’ll get this gift a little early… be on around Christmas EVE (if possible) for a treat. :slight_smile:

(This has also been posted on the first post…)

Ooh, very exciting, Mygames19! I now especially can’t wait for Christmas Eve. And that Christmassy poem you wrote was lovely, too. :smiley:

Cool idea mygames! I’m really looking forward to playing it, it looks great :slight_smile: !

I’m so excited! :smiley:

Cool! It’s great that you design your own games, Mygames19!

lizardgirl, christvs, AUTOA113 & JustSoWall-eCrazy: Thanks guys for all of your enthusiasm! I really appreciate it. But, uh, Lizardgirl… as a beta tester, you get a version early. XD

Speaking of Beta Testing, I sent a personal message with the Beta over to my Beta testers Rachelcakes1985 and Lizardgirl. Since I sent it on Sunday last week, I’ve made my own fixes and improvements and I think it’s ready for it’s public release on Christmas EVE. HOWEVER, I need my beta testers to give me the okay before it’s release.

And hey, if any of you can spread the word, that would be great. Most people have forgot about this project, and I want to make sure they remember again. After all, what’s a gift without the people to enjoy it? :slight_smile:

Happy holidays!
~Mygames19

Ah, of course, Mygames19. And I apologise for not having tested the newer version yet- I’ve been very busy of late and would like to give it a decent amount of time and testing, so a review should be on its way to you sometime tomorrow.

Thanks Mygames! I sent you a few notes in a PM.

lizardgirl: If your gonna beta test it, it’s gonna have to be today, because tonight (Tuesday night) I need to port it over to Windows 7/Vista!

rachelcakes1985: Thanks! I got it. :slight_smile:

For anyone interested, I just published a trailer of Demo2 on Youtube! Don’t worry, it’s only 45 seconds long. :wink:

[url]Wall-E The Fangame - Demo 2 Trailer - YouTube

[b]You can play Demo 2 of the Wall-E Fangame NOW!

[u][i][url]http://tinyurl.com/WTFGCER[/url][/i][/u]

Enjoy!
[/b]

I’m so sorry for not getting the review to you on time, Mygames19, but I’ve just been testing out the game today and I think it’s brilliant! You’ve made so many improvements, and I love the Christmas theme. I couldn’t find any bugs or anything like that, so I don’t think I would’ve been much help anyway. :laughing: Well done on your latest demo!

Thanks a ton Lizardgirl! I’m glad you enjoyed the demo. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry that no one else seems to agree, or at least show some interest in the project. Based on numbers, I’ve had more downloads from Youtube than I’ve gotten from the Pixar Fanbase! Which is quite a surprise, I would have expected the opposite. (49 Downloads so far BTW!)

Anyways, if you are in fact here at Pixar Planet, I’d like you to post! I’ll always accept a simple a quick “Great Job” or even a negative review! It’s what makes me as a developer continue and do better. :slight_smile:

As a side note, development has already started on Stage 2. :sunglasses:

Oh this is so cool!

Okay, to start off…

Well done! For someone who is doing this on their free time, you are doing exceptional!

I know I started off as though I had something negative to say, but I didn’t have any problem with it.

The sounds are good, the graphics are decent, and the play was great. Occasionally, I would fall, or trip over a nail, and be hangin’ until I pushed the spacebar. So, cha, I was on a hangnail. {/pun}

Two thumbs and a big toe from me.

;-o

Guys, this is something to defiantly check out. And I don’t want to hear any excuses, such as you’re using a blocked school computer. Balogna. But, if it’s not your computer… that’s acceptable… I guess…

thewisecookiesheet: Thanks, and I’m glad you enjoyed the game!

This is just a news update: Wall-E The Fangame has been temporarily put on hold because I’m currently in a Programming 2 class learning Java at my High School.

However, half of Level two’s layout has already been completed, so when I pick this back up there won’t be as much to face. :slight_smile:

Thanks to all who have followed the Fangame’s development up to this point! :smiley:

I just downloaded it. I like it! :mrgreen: Just a little idea that I know you probably wont use: Cheat codes 8D :nerd: