WGP Racers

I’m kind of sorry that Carla was the only female WGP racecar. I suppose racing is probably like that in real life, but it still seemed kind of extreme to me. :neutral_face:
Ah well, at least Pixar gave us the courageous and likeable Holley Shiftwell to help balance the scales a bit.

I understand why you wish that^^. But in real racing there are very few Female racing drivers, so maybe they were trying to make it accurate to the human world.

LOL, are you the little voice inside my head? :wink: 8D

Mine would go…

Carla
Francesco
Nigel
Jeff
Miguel
Lewis
Max
Rip
Shu
Raoul

…excluding McQueen. #1! :sunglasses:

I actually love that she was the only one. It made her special and stand out. I didn’t even know she was a girl till Lightning passed her in Tokyo (cough cough like my avatar.) :laughing: But I like how Pixar acknowledged female drivers (who I have such respect for.) :sunglasses:

If I may ask, is there any particular reason you put Raoul at the bottom? I thought he was one of the more developed racers, which made him a tiny bit more likeable to me.

Raoul’s cool and I like how he’s a rally car which is kind of different but he just doesn’t appeal to me and it’s slightly unbelievable how he keeps up with the rest of the pack. I like the other ones better in comparison.

Ah, I can understand that. Good point. :slight_smile:

I think the WGP Racers are E-P-I-C! And frankly, I think they definitely had more role in the film as compared to the bazillions of extra Piston Cup Racers in the first film. You can learn so much about all these racecars in the Meet The Cars book! Anyway, I can’t really play favorites… I love them all! Particularly Miguel Camino, Carla Veloso, and Rip Clutchgoneski! Miguel looks so very awesome, Carla has a totally awesome paint job, and Rip… well, I love that he’s almost always smiling! Has anyone noticed? Rip is just grinning, thinking the entirety of the race “I’m racing in the World Grand Prix! I’m racing in the World Grand Prix! I’m not winning, but I’m racing in the World Grand Prix!!” I remember reading toy reviews on the DisneyStore website and people kept saying “I bought this giant expensive set of diecast models just so I could get Rip Clutchgoenski!” 8D I think of that everytime I see him in the movie.
And no, of course Pixar didn’t make them for merchandising! You have a race, you need more racers, obviously… :unamused:

Yeah, I love Rip too… It’s nice to see Francesco isn’t the only open-wheeled car in the competition. I like Rip Clutchgoneski, Raoul ÇaRoule, and Max Schnell, because they are special cars that stand out of the rest.

Well, in a real competition made like the World Grand Prix, with real cars, the rally car would have a good chance be the only racecar to touch the finish line…
Because F1 cars, LMP, and prehaps GT are just inches above the ground, and relatively fragile… I doubt any of them would survive the dirt section. :unamused:

I’ve noticed! It’s kind of cute. think in his bio, it says that he’s a rookie so I would think that’s exactly why he’s so happy. :laughing:

Yeah, he’s really rare. I don’t know why but they didn’t make him with the other racers.

True, I didn’t think of that but I was mainly talking about speed wise. :slight_smile:

Yeah I Love Rip too! :stuck_out_tongue: