What became of Al?

Pretty dark, but funny. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think what happened is due to Woody and Jessie’s actions in the plane someone detected a disterbance and made an emergency landing. They found the open suitcase and told Al, who made a call to the Museum telling what happened and they ended the deal.

Do you think Al ever went on eBay? lol

Dinoco- What you’re saying does make sense, but it’s surprising how people who can appear to have lots of money sometimes don’t. Al may have squandered a lot of money away, perhaps the business suddenly isn’t doing so well, the rent on his flat might have increased, and all those little things can lead to debt. I mean, there must be a reason why he was so desperate to get the money from the Woody’s Roundup toys, and it’s either that he actually needs the money, or he’s just plain greedy. Probably the latter, saying that. :laughing:

i once had this idea where Al, desperate for money, buys whatever he can from Andy’s, seeing as he got rare woody there. But upon seeing it’s not worthy of a museum, donates it to sunnyside.

Hmm, that makes sense. Maybe that could be the reason why he was filming a commercial the next day. :slight_smile:

Wow, from that video I noticed that the logo for Al’s Toy Barn is the same font/style as the original “Toy Story” logo scheme, from the original trailers.

The way Pixar made it out, Al just wants MORE money from the Woody’s Roundup Gang deal, but he’s also guaranteed to have spent a lot of money just on the other merchandise.
The only thing is that had there been good intentions by Al, that would change his character.

That video was really funny and creative, if slightly morbid. :smiley:

I think he just got one with his life and it was the same. A toy collecter, greedy and un married.

It is? Funny, I never noticed.

I’d like to see even though he doesn’t even own the store anymore, that he’s still stuck doing ads in that chicken suit :laughing:

Al regularly comes on this website to find out where he can purchase Woody, Bullseye, and Jessie dolls by Thinkway Toys. Unfortunately for him, every time he goes to a store he finds that they are sold out.

Convenient. :laughing:

I think Al has just been sat in a basement all these years producing a replica of the round up gang, but is still yet to perfect bullseye’s eyes and woody’s stand/neck problem!

I can see him doing exactly that. Calling TRU looking for them, putting them on hold, but they don’t have them when he goes to pick them up. “What do you mean you can’t find them? I called 45 minutes ago, and you said you had a Bullseye!”

or “Hi, do you have any of Jessie in stock? Sure i’ll hold. What? You do? I’ll be there in 20 minutes! Uh,… Uh,… Don’t Touch My Moustace!”

Yes, I do realize I almost exactly copied the call in the movie. Didn’t do it on purpose, it just happened. except for the moustache

In “The art ot Toy Story 3” theres an early concept drawing of woody and Buzz looking up at the Al’s toy barn sign exept an H was quickly slapped under the "Al’s"in different material making it “Hal’s Toy Barn” and under it it said “under new managment” :laughing:

I know. People have already mentioned it here. They should have included it in the final version of Toy Story 3, or at least given Al a mention or cameo, like Sid had one and somehow became a garbageman. :laughing:

I’m sorta glad Al didn’t get a cameo, because when they get too wrapped up in that, it can distract the viewer from the plot. I still think Sid’s appearance was pure genius, though.

From his frequent commercials, I guess we can only infer running Al’s Toy Barn continued usually, but Al himself might’ve learned a lesson.

lizardgirl hit it right on target, it’s something that’s bugged me about the ending of the second installment. Al may have been living beyond his means. The writers made him out to be quite a fat cat, the swanky office nearby, the big store, the nice car (with a big trunk). But then the retail part of his business folded readily… why?

But I am privy to certain knowledge, living so near Pixar and having my dad’s binoculars and stethoscope and fresh from a lip reading course: Al’s store, and no one ever seems to notice this, has no customers. He was going out of business anyway. It was kind of like Sunnyside Day Care without any kids, what an eerie toy store. He got a notification from the Japanese guy’s lawyer that he was being sued for fraud and needed to liquidate. So he was heading to the internet to sell off his really valuable toy collection, to make ends meet. Everything went into storage. However, a big truck rolled by where I was stationed, noise and vibrations, and the rest was drowned out, sorry…

I thought the store was just closed on Sunday.