what character would you like me to design as a 3D model

Thats the thing, I did no measurements, I layed out a basic model, but completely eyeballed it. Backwards I know, heh. Slink has a buddypack figure (that I believe is accurate, just not not in scale)of Mr spell that he’s going to get me photos of for reference so I can adjust it to make sure the proportions are correct. I don’t have a great way of handling exact measurements however, so your methods might be better than my own.

I can export as a .STL with a script, though I’m not sure its been thoroughly tested.

well how about you email the stl file of the slinky as is I’ll check with shapeways on how much it cost
to be printed and let you know what they have to say on what to do to make the printing as low as possible

My last post was about my Mr. Spell model. When I mentioned slink, I meant Brian’s username. Not sure if I confused you, but I just wanted to clear that up.

I’ll have to figure out how to get the STL export working either way, so I’ll let you know.

Oh ok thats cool btw you can also upload an OBJ file on shapeways not sure if that helps but its worth a try. Update on the Eyes I’m ordering the prototype to night and they should arrive in early January when I get them I’ll post pics of before and after they been painted

Yes, OBJ works much better for me actually, because anim8or can export and import obj natively, and no information gets lost, except for texture and color information, which will get thrown out anyway when printing.

Oh good then if you want I’ll pm you my email so you can email me the obj file and I’ll see how much printing it would cost

It’s like you guys are speaking another language. ___

Ha ha I can get more technical then that what with all the different tools used to build a 3d model

my brain hurts jk x)

I’m drawing up some blue prints for slinky dog I’ll pics in a bit

BIG BABY!!!

3D printers can’t to cloth plus it be a difficult sculpt

I just got a conformation email stating that the potato head eyes are en route and should be shipped out from ups to me by jan 22 .

I got a tracking number on the eyes and the will be here by monday

The Mr. Potato Head eyes are scheduled to arrive today just an update :slight_smile:

I got the eyes but sadly shapeways printed them in millimeters so i have to get a refund and then have them reprinted in inches but im gonna take this time to redo the eyebrows as i was fairly unhappy about them before so it will be a little while longer I will also take this time to build the Mrs. potato head eyes and nose as well if you have any questions please let me know.

Besides the size how did it look?

pretty accurate but way to small to even work at all

Hey Guys
Been lurking on here for ages . Thought I would jump in

Mr and mrs potato head eyes nose mouth and ears would be cool
I have a friend who is an amazing sculptor . Maybe ask him to have a go at rocky .
Always wanted a more accurate sized one …

Alex

Hey all whats up well whats up is I’ve finished the potato head eyes and you can check them out at shapeways.com/shops/woodbuzz PM me for more details