What Did You Notice In The Incredibles?

Bob is one of the greatest fathers ever in my book. :smiley: I mean hes just Incredible :laughing: no pun intended.

^Is that something you noticed, or were you just agreeing with her? :laughing:

Both. :laughing:

Okay, just checking.

So, here I’am watching this movie on ABC Fam.
I ntoiced that, when Helen went to the meeting about Dash, she did’t have Jack Jack. On the car ride home, the little guy is in the back seat!

gasp She left Jack-Jack alone? In a car?? :cry:

Supers not wholly depicted but reverse images of portions of other supers’ uniforms used in close-up:

Blitzerman = Downburst’s uniform in reverse.
Tradewind = Universal Man’s uniform in reverse.
Vectress = Psycwave’s uniform in reverse.

That or she left Jack Jack at a daycare, wich I doubt cuz I think Helen is a stay at home mom.
So she either left him in the car or she left him with a daycare in the school.

Oh hey I never noticed the reverse uniforms before. That’s a neat find!

Yeah, I noticed that too from before!

Yeah, they don’t use daycare. Helen definitely stays at home.

I always thought she just left Jack Jack with one of the people working in the principals office thinking that the meeting with the principal would be short. :slight_smile:

(Nice avatar!!! :wink: )

Thank you! :smiley: Shes so pretty I think. :sunglasses:

She is. :slight_smile: And so is he!! :laughing:

:smiley: :laughing: :sunglasses: I think so too.

Couldn’t find another topic to post this, but when I watched the movie again earlier today, I noticed something interesting regarding the whole timeline debate. For a long time, I was certain the movie took place in the modern day with an old-fashioned style, but here’s something that may prove that wrong. During Mr. and Mrs. Incredible’s wedding ceremony, we see some of the terminated Supers sitting in the pews. I definitely saw Stratogale and maybe Thunderhead. After the 15-year time skip, when Bob comes to see Edna and she goes on the whole tangent against capes, she brings up the deaths of both Thunderhead and Stratogale, even stating the exact day and year both incidents occurred. They were around 1957. If they attended Bob and Helen’s wedding, than obviously it took place before 1957, so The Incredibles might take place in 1973.

Am I horribly wrong? :laughing:

I believe you are correct. The movie is supposed to be set in like the futuristic 1970s place, but the 1970s is the general timeframe fifteen years later after Bob and Helen got married.

Has anybody ever thought of what might happen if something happened to one of the Incredible family? If one of them went missing? How would they cover it up as the Parrs? I ask, because this issue came up in a fanfic that I’m considering writing. Any thoughts?

Well, I always think the “she is sick” xcuse would be passable. however, if that one person is gone for a longer period of time, i actually would have no idea what they would tell the public.

That’s the problem I ran into. Say one of the Incredibles was kidnapped, and held for a long time-- months even-- how would both the Parrs and the Incredibles explain the disappearance of their family member… without raising any eye brows? For instance, it’d be pretty hard to right it off as a coincidence if both Violet Parr and Invisigirl went missing at the same time.