What lurked under your bed as wee children?

I was really scared of a snake coming up from the crack

between my bed and the wall. We did have a snake come into our house when I was about 5. I thought it was cool

that day, but that’s probably where the idea came from. I had a bunk bed that you couldn’t really see

underneath so it would be really easy for something to hide under there. A couple of years ago after I left for

college, we actually got mice under there and it scared me to death because I woke up to real live noises under

my bed in the middle of the night. My parents didn’t believe me. Boy, they were surprised when they caught a

mouse in the trap they had put out just to humor me!

I was also scared of robbers and serial killers

coming to get me on the way from my room to the bathroom (a five step trip).

Yes! I was only at a Chuck E Cheese once but that’s the one thing I do

remember! And I remember those things were so creepy!

lol Chuck E. Cheese was fuuun!! My sister and I used to beg our dad to take us to

the darn place every Saturday. He did it, too. And then he’d fall asleep while there. :laughing: (How he could

sleep in that scream house is beyond me…)

I was only afraid of one thing popping up from under my bed,

and that was an alligator. Remember that Barney episode – the one about the monsters? Well, one of the little

girls in that episode was afraid that an alligator – or something similar – would scare her at night. Ever

since then, I’ve been afraid of an alligator biting me at night, even though I love alligators. Go figure.

Actually I

never really had any specific monsters. I do remember I was just generally afraid of being left alone in the dark

sometimes.

Me too! I wasn’t exactly afraid of the dark but whenever I turned the lights off in a room

and I leave that room, I always tend to get the feeling someone’s behind me o_0 , especially coming up from the

basement! :shake: I had a thing with shadow people too, If I was in a room alone and the next room had it’s

lights off, I could be watchin T.V and could somehow see someone staring at me from the corner of my eye in the

other room. :shake: :mrgreen:

I used to hate seeing my reflection in the

dark… actually, it still kind of creeps me out.

Bloody Mary… Bloody Mary…

Bloody Mary :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually tried that in the girls bathroom along with witnesses with the lights off, but the door cracked

enough to see our shadows and I swear I saw an extra shadow behind us! But it happened so quickly and I ran so

fast I couldn’t really get any details. It was a while back though too. :mrgreen:

OMG, i remember this one thing. I doubt anyone else here

would know what it is unless they’re like, over 40 and from Northeast Ohio. I’m not over 40 but this old

amusement park my mom went to called Euclid Beach Park had this fun house and at the entrance was this ugly,

freaky looking mechanical woman called Laughing Sal. She’d move around all jerky-like and laugh and laugh and

laugh and never stopped. I saw her once when I was little at this exhibit at a museum and I wasnt expecting it

and it scared the heck outta me! then for weeks afterward I was afraid to go into anywhere without turning on

all the lights cuz i thought she’d pop out and laugh.

I am ashamed to say that The

Grudge scared the bejesus out of me. How many years has it been since the first Grudge movie? And I still can’t

get over it. I’m tramautized. THAT’S what is lurking in the dark for me, even with childhood waaaay past me.

James P. Sullivan ain’t got nothin’ on the dead chick from The Grudge. I guess I can’t handle Japanese horror

flicks. :3 (The Ring included)

Ha ha! That last sentence had me smiling from ear to ear. :3

I’m not so sure how I would have responded as a kid, but I’d be plenty happy if that were to happen now, too.

BTW, aren’t you also from the Foster’s forum? …

Edited by KE
Combined double post

i was afraid the chuckie doll was in my basement

Now that Haloween is comming up, most of my childhood nightmares of what lurked

under my bed have returned.

Meg Mucklebones from ‘Legend’ lived under my bed,

so-to-speak. She was a big childhood nightmare of mine. I’d post a picture but the net’s got nothing and I

haven’t gotten caps off of my DVD yet. =P

Just read my Location and you’ll see…I’m not to fond of bread

stores…shudder

JesusFreak

• Bread stores? Haha – you’ve made me curious. How come you don’t like bread stores very much, if I may ask?

:wink:

lol, it’s

from the movie “Rocketman.” He asks a crew member if, as a kid, he was ever afraid that their was a

baker under his bed. You’d have to see it to have it make any sense. =P (I’m not really afraid of bread stores,

though. hehe)

JesusFreak - Ohhh…I see. Heheh – thanks for the tip. Maybe I’ll take a look at

Rocket Man one of these days to get the picture. :wink:

I also forgot to mention

that I have this “fear” of hands reaching out to grab my feet when I jump into the bed. I have no idea

where the heck that phobia came from… :stuck_out_tongue:

Her?

[url]http://www.legend-movie.info/characters/goblinpage/meg.htm[/url]

I remember I used to be afraid there was a robber or

burglar hiding in my room somewhere, waiting to jump out, scare me, and take my stuff. Not sure why I thought

that. But every time I heard a creak (you know, how houses “settle” at night) i thought someone was

there.

Ectoplasmicblobbything - Ha! No…nothing that bad.

Although, now that you provided the picture I’m even more apprehensive… :stuck_out_tongue: