FINDING NEMO

Like:Bruce <3 ā€¦other charactersā€¦
Dislike:How overprotective Marlin wasā€¦seagullsā€¦Darla,ectā€¦

THE INCREDIBLES

Like:Mirageā€¦I guessā€¦
Dislike:Everything elseā€¦

CARS

Like:LIGHTNING AND SALLY!!!Everything!!! <3 <3
Dislike:Materā€¦The end of the movie,with the helecopterā€¦ :imp: How everyone unfairly bashes this movieā€¦ :unamused:

RATATOUILLE

Like:Some Charactersā€¦
Dislike:Linguiniā€¦Linguini/Coletteā€™s relationshipā€¦ :confused:

WALL-E

Like:Everything
Dislike:How worrisome WALL-E is,AUTOā€¦

UP

Like:How emotional it wasā€¦
Dislike:Ellie diesā€¦Charles Muntzā€™s dogs and himā€¦

TOY STORY 3

Like:Andyā€¦ <3 Everything
Dislike:No Bo Peep,Mr.Potatohead,Lotsoā€¦

Haha, I love how you and I love/hate the opposite things! :laughing: You like Mirage, and sheā€™s my least favorite character, and you dislike that Bo was gone. :laughing: I donā€™t know why, but I find how our posts are like mirrors very amusing. XD

You know what I was just thinking of thatā€¦that is funnyā€¦I canā€™t stand Mater but you love himā€¦You canā€™t stand Sally but I love herā€¦ :laughing: :laughing:

Well, I like Sally, and I understand why she does what she does. She just annoys me a bit in the beginning, like Atta, EVE, etc.

Yeahā€¦out of all of them Atta annoyed me the mostā€¦ :confused:

Yeah, honestly, any love interest that behaves like that annoys me. Astrid is a good non-PIXAR example. :unamused:

Well I can see if the main character was like Lightning or Naveen guys who need a reality checkā€¦but guys like Flikā€¦nahā€¦ :confused:

Naveen annoyed me really bad. I liked Tiana, though. She rarely annoyed me. And she was pretty, and I like her dress. <3

This is really, really long. I didnā€™t mean for it to get this long, but I got carried away. Donā€™t say I didnā€™t warn you, and read at your own risk. :laughing:

Toy Story

Like: Everything about this film just oozes with nostalgia. Itā€™s hard to imagine that anyone could not like it, and yet my best friend hates it! :frowning: It tells such an original story, with wonderful characters and an incredible amount of growth in Buzz and Woody. I love all of the characters in this movie. :slight_smile:

Dislike: I really canā€™t dislike the animation, because it needs to be understood that technology wasnā€™t as advanced in the late 80s, early 90s when it was created. It is choppy and plain compared to todayā€™s computer graphics, but it doesnā€™t bother me. I guess I really donā€™t like how Woody was such a huge jerk, but it gets worked out of him by the end of the movie. And it was needed to properly tell the story. :stuck_out_tongue: The only characters I donā€™t like are Bo Peep, Scud, and for whatever reason Ducky annoys me. :laughing:

A Bugā€™s Life

Like: Absolutely everything. I really canā€™t say a bad word about this movie, and I canā€™t understand where the lack of appreciation for it comes from. :confused: It has such a touching and endearing story. I suppose I love it so much because it was such a huge part of my childhood. <3

Dislike: Ugh, thatā€™s hard. P.T. Flea can be a bit annoying, but I find him to be more hilarious than annoying most of the time. I do hate how at the end, he thinks his circus troupe is in danger and tries to ā€œkillā€ the bird, which completely foils the antsā€™ carefully crafted plan that had been working smoothly right up until then.

Toy Story 2

Like: I love the touching moment near the middle of the movie where Jessie is recalling memories of Emily. The song by Sarah McLaughlin moves me to tears every single time.

Dislike: Itā€™s my favorite of the three, but I donā€™t find the plot as appealing as the first TS. (Figure that one out. :laughing:) And thereā€™s times where I just wanna strangle the Prospector. What an idiot.

Monsters Inc.

Like: The introduction of this movie is probably my favorite out of all the Pixar movies. Itā€™s such a departure from the norm, and yet gives the vibe of a Disney short film while still maintaining originality. The whole concept of the film and the plot line are gems. Not to mention itā€™s just outright hilarious. :laughing:

Dislike: Randall and Waternooseā€™s selfishness and willingness to hurt an innocent human child for their own gain. Donā€™t tell me otherwise, you canā€™t dice it any other way. On that note, I agree with IV that the rabid Randall defenders can really rub me the wrong way, especially the fact that they defend his selfish actions and try to justify them. I also donā€™t like how much flack Mike gets. He too gets selfish near the middle of the movie when theyā€™re banished, but that simply shows that heā€™s a character with flaws, who doesnā€™t take to change well. I mean, imagine if you were thrown out of everything youā€™ve ever known and made to accept this as your future? Youā€™d be a little angry, too! xD

Finding Nemo

Like: I canā€™t pick apart this movie. I really canā€™t. Father-son relationships in movies hit a chord with me, and the opening sequence never fails to bring tears to my eyes. Marlinā€™s sheer determination to find his son, and press through adversity until he gets there is something to be admired of a character. His overprotectiveness is simply a result of hurt and tragedy, but by the end of the film heā€™s learned to let Nemo ā€œswim in the deep endā€. The music is phenomenal, the characters are so full of personality, and of course the story is beautiful. Not to mention, itā€™s one of the most-quoted Pixar movies I know. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dislike: Not much. It bothered me a bit when Marlin didnā€™t take Doryā€™s word not to swim over the trench, but it was rooted in doubt and he didnā€™t want to take the word of someone who usually forgot what she said, which is understandable.

The Incredibles

Like: Thereā€™s a few funny jokes in it, and that kid on the tricycle at the end makes me laugh every time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dislike: The rest of the movie. Sorry. :laughing: The characters arenā€™t at all relatable, which is partly why I canā€™t enjoy it. Bob is selfish enough to put himself before family and Violetā€™s overly closed-off self is painfully annoying. I donā€™t find the plot to be all that engaging, either.

Cars

Like: I have so many great memories of this movie. Sometimes just hearing certain phrases or bits of music from it cause surges of memories to come flooding back. I love the Radiator Springs crew, especially Red, Luigi, and Guido. :slight_smile: But my favorite character in the entire movie was Doc Hudson. Hands-down.

Dislike: Most of the rest of it. Lightning makes my skin crawl most of the time. Heā€™s so stuck up and arrogant itā€™s not even enjoyable. Even though he ā€œlearned his lessonā€ by the end of the movie, I canā€™t find him to be appealing as a character at all. Well, I guess the correct way to say what I mean is, he feels ā€œfakeā€, I guess. Thereā€™s nothing about Sallyā€™s personality that makes her shine. The movie is unbelievably slow in all the places where it shouldnā€™t be, especially since all the commercials and podcasts jacked it up to be this action-packed, fast-paced film, which it really wasnā€™t. I really, really hate the disrespect Lightning has for Doc. I canā€™t even put it into words. Nothing bothers me more than the young showing no respect for their elders. Mater can get quite annoying, too, but I donā€™t hate him entirely. I also dislike how over-merchandised it is.

(Now donā€™t tell me I donā€™t like this movie at all. I do have some very fond, nostalgic memories of it, but I just canā€™t get into it or enjoy it anywhere near like I did when I was younger.)

Ratatouille

Like: Absolutely. Everything. About. This. Movie. If it hadnā€™t been for the release of this film, I would have never pursued art in the way that I did, nor would I have grown to love it and develop a passion and skill for drawing and writing, as well as film as a whole. I would have never been the artist I am today if it werenā€™t for the passion that was fueled in me after seeing this movie. It has so many beautiful, encouraging messages, and every time I watch it to this day, Iā€™m uplifted and reminded of my purpose in this world. It hits home with me on a personal level, because I come from a very small town with small mentalities. So to hear the phrase, ā€œNot everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhereā€ has always been especially encouraging to me. On another note, Alfredo Linguini is still one of my favorite animated characters ever. Thereā€™s something so endearing about his awkward, yet innocent, personality. <3

Dislike: Some of the characters are quite annoying, like Skinner. I absolutely hate the way he unfairly treats Alfredo, and how utterly selfish he is; that heā€™s willing to ruin this poor, unstable young manā€™s life only so he doesnā€™t have to give up a position of power. The lawyer, Talon Labarthe, the Health Inspector, and Francois the frozen-food concept guy are just plain irritating. :laughing: Iā€™ve also lost all respect for Colette, and despise how she gets Alfredo wrapped around her finger when she clearly doesnā€™t love him for who he is. Ugh, I could rant on that forever, but I wonā€™t. -___-

WALL-E

Like: Everything. Iā€™ve written so much that I almost canā€™t come up with adjectives I havenā€™t used already. :laughing: This is another one of the Pixar movies that stuck with me, and grabbed a hold of my heart in that same gripping way that Ratatouille did. The music, the scope of the film, the beautiful character arcs, and the unlikely romance of two sentient machines - who later teach wayward humans how to do the same - somehow is just so captivating and enchanting. I give lots of credit to the character development of Captain McCrea, too. He doesnā€™t get enough love or attention, and I really see him as an integral part of the story. WALL-E stumbled across his path, and left things in his wake that helped McCrea to discover his forgotten past on his own. It wasnā€™t the robots who brought them back to Earth, it was their captain, who made the decision in his heart and knew it was the right thing to do.

Dislike: GO-4 is such an obnoxious, bratty little robot. I didnā€™t feel bad for him at all when he ā€œdiedā€. XD

Up

Like: It is without a doubt one of Pixarā€™s most emotional films ever created to date. Carl and Ellieā€™s relationship is beautiful, and reminds me of my own grandparents and their timeless relationship. Russell is such a cute character, too. You canā€™t help but just love him. :smiley:

Dislike: There was just something about this movie that doesnā€™t connect with me. Despite it being emotionally appealing, it doesnā€™t stick with me. I never liked Muntz or his dogs, for some reason. I canā€™t even explain why because Iā€™m so burnt out from writing so much. Dā€™:

Toy Story 3

Like: Iā€™m not going to make this long and drawn-out like the rest of themā€¦ simply because Iā€™ve been sitting here for over an hour typing. xDD I guess what I really like about TS3 is Bonnie and Spanish Buzz. And Mr. Tortilla Head. Not kidding, thatā€™s pretty much it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dislike: It wasnā€™t as amazing as I expected it to be, for many reasons which Iā€™ve explained before elsewhere. Woody was unusually selfish and gloom-and-doom, which I hated. The ending was far too melodramatic, I didnā€™t find the characters relatable at all, Lotsoā€™s a jerk, Ken is justā€¦ eughhā€¦ and the music. Ugh, the music.

The end. Omg Iā€™m tired. Dā€™:

little chef

trying to resist urge to reply

Wow. :open_mouth: :laughing: But yeah, the way everyone defends Randall annoys me. And Mike is awesome, if not perfect.

I donā€™t know how to answer the rest of it. :laughing: But, why do you think Collette doesnā€™t love Linguini? I donā€™t follow. Iā€™m not arguing, I just donā€™t understand.

(psst!! Is Woody, by any chance, your favorite TS character? :smiley: )

rubs temple at the Ran comments Easy peopleā€¦

I wasnā€™t talking about you, if that makes any difference, because you donā€™t argue with me
Or attack me for not loving Randall. I was talking about someone who has constantly given me issues since I joinedā€¦

Wasnā€™t particularly your comment alone IVG. At least your starting to get an understanding of thingsā€¦
And yes Iā€™mā€¦aware of who your talking about. I regret theirā€¦ermā€¦some-what aggressive methodsā€¦sometimes, sure, facts have to be presented in such a manner, but not all the time and not in drovesā€¦

I think the fact that they took one complaint that had nothing to do with them, and made a thread out of it, shows how mature they really are. If that person knows everything, why do they act like a child :question:

Making a post saying ā€œtheyā€ in an attempt to avoid saying their name is very difficult. :laughing:

The methods may be mature themselves but handled in a childish manner in an effort to pleaseā€¦
shakes head Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t speak too much on the matterā€¦that person has done allot and been a contributor ever sinceā€¦I disagree with their methodsā€¦but I canā€™t talk behind somebodyā€™s backā€¦
rubs temple Just dislike having those that donā€™t bash overly on Randallā€™s side being labeled in the same set.

Sorry. Iā€™m just very upset. :neutral_face: One problem I have is, when I get mad at a member, I always talk about it on all the forums. Not using names, just expressing my anger. Iā€™ll try to stop bothering people with my problems. :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s a way to vent anger. People need to do that or they pile it up inside. rubs temple Which is why I doubt Randall had a punching bag to vent anger he hadā€¦blinks Oh forgive me just a comparison this is a totally different topic.

And one again, it wasnā€™t really youā€¦donā€™t blame yourself, no need to say sorry.

Well, guys - this thread basically asks for this kind of discussion. So of course people are gonna post stuff that you donā€™t agree with. :confused:

I like it when people post exactly why they like or donā€™t like something - and not just say that they like/donā€™t like it for no reason. Thatā€™s what this thread is for - just to post your opinions - not someone elseā€™s.

And it shouldnā€™t turn into some heated debate, because everyone is gonna see things differently. Iā€™m getting really fed up with the bickering on these threads lately, arenā€™t you? :laughing: (Not that you two were bickering, I just meant in general. Donā€™t take that personally. :stuck_out_tongue:)

Oh no, I hate the arguing too. :slight_smile: Trust me, Iā€™m really sick of it.

And yeah, I guess Randall would get really angry really fast with nobody to talk to. I know if I donā€™t talk about my problems, it causes more problems.