What's in a Username?

All these people not using capitals! We’re the cool crew. :sunglasses:

I don’t actually use this username on other sites, really. It’s much too boring and is therefore usually already taken by some other incredibly annoying person.

Mine’s an easy one, Toy Story is my favorite movie, and Falling with Style represents the film well.

You know, if too many people think they’re cool by lowercase-ing their usernames, it’ll soon be considered cool to have good grammar. XD

I capitalize the first letter of my username because I thought it would be more proper.

Yeah, he does kick butt, too. Well… his old music does at least. ;-p

rachel - Ha! Yeah, I’m not too crazy about some of his latest stuff, either. The dude’s still got major style, though. (snigger)

But back on-topic…

– Mitch

Well my real name is John. And I like WALL•E. So I was thinking of Johnny, then I got JOHN•E. :slight_smile:

~~ JOHN•E

You wouldn’t believe how many times I get that :smiley:

My username is an amalgamation from two of Rumiko Takahashi’s manga series: Urusei Yatsura, and Ranma 1/2.

I chose this mash-up for 2 reasons:

1)Noone would be crazy enough to have an email address like this one, and

2)I always hated how Ranma was seen as more popular over Urusei Yatsura. In a way, the name almost is saying ‘Shut up, Ranma!’

MidgardDragon

Derived from Norse mythology:

I replaced Serpent with Dragon due to, at the time of the name’s creation, being a member of a fan group for the popular (but old) video game, “Ultima”. Everyone in the group used “Dragon” as the last part of their official name on the group listing, because they were known as the “Ultima Dragons”.

In other words, I’m a fan of Norse mythology, and a fan of the Ultima series, therefore, MidgardDragon.

rachelcakes: don’t worry about it. Besides, as I said, I may just go ahead and steal Dash’s meaning for it since I think it’s better (when it was time to register, I just thought up something quick on the fly, but Dash’s is good too). I suppose I can just go back and forth between what it stands for, but regardless of how it got there, I do like the handle “miafka’” now…

Mitch: Perhaps Mitch is Remy’s American cousin. I hear he lives somewhere in New Jersey…

uruseiranma: Yappapa!

Nice explanations, everyone! It was really interesting knowing the origins of your names. A lot of them I had no idea what they meant, but now I do. =) Some usernames on here are really hard to spell, though, that I just copy and paste them, heheh.

I don’t really like my username - it’s too childish. If I could change my screen name I’d probably change it to just “Rachel” or “Rachel Raffael” since that’s a name hidden on the $1 note in the Al’s Toy Barn commercial in Toy Story 2. I like to think that it’s referencing me. Heh.

Mitch and TSS - I already knew the origins of your names but it was cool to read the stories again.

miafka - Me too. =) BTW, I pronounce your name “me-ah-f-ka”, not sure if it is intended to be pronounced like that, though.

Martini, I never knew where the 833 came from before… It will make it easier remember the numbers, even though I should by now, seeing how long you’ve been on this forum. :wink:

My cousin and I made up a weird word for Asian (so there’s Founder), so that’s “Azn” for yah. Azn is just sort of a word for our way of thinking, as in going beyond what people expect for an arts project like a music video, story, gig, animation, etc.

I have other names I go by on art sites like Faux Paws and He Seeks Death, but this one just sort of rings for me.

I like the AZN part FounderofAzn. Really clever.

Mine is moon and star(s) and then the initals at the end. i like nighttime and im very “soul-ish” so the name was perfect for me
:slight_smile:

Rachel- I think your username is great, and very creative, you should keep it. People argue liking Pixar is childish, so why does it matter if your username is perceived as childish? :wink:

Rachel- Cakes are yummy, not childish. If there’s anything bad about your username, it’s that it makes me hungry. :laughing:

rachel: one can never ever be too young for cake. I like your username. Rachel is a pretty name, and “cakes” makes you sound like a sweet person.

My favorite usernames are (besides my own lol) rachelcakes1985, kel•I, and Bill.

If you must know, My favorite usernames are mine, rachelcakes, kel-I, Gasduude, Dash, Tonyloaf, and bright-dot-dasher.