Which monster would have scared you as a kid?

Probably, though I can’t imagine that slug-like monster move noiseless, therefore no point in invisibility:)
I think I’d have been a useful source for old Monsters,inc. anyway. 8D

Haha, yeah Envy’s true form is downright creepy. Especially in the animated version where you can actually SEE the heads moving and hear them all talking over each other. :open_mouth: (I’m getting the last volume of the manga for Christmas and I can’t wait to see how FMA ends!!! (I don’t want to read it online lol, so I’ve been avoiding spoilers for months))

A slug-monster could be pretty creepy if it were big enough, although it probably wouldn’t move very quickly so it might be easy to escape. Although I think that waking up to the sight of a giant slug twice your size would be pretty horrifying

Any monster with multiple legs or arms.

Sully and Randall.

Welllll… I’ll be honest; I scare easily, and if anything came out of my closet at night and startled me, I would scream. It could be Waternoose doing his signature move or Mike trying to do stand-up comedy and I would have the same reaction. In the daylight though, none of them scare me; I think they are so cool and cute that there’s really no freakout factor.

No monster scared me. Maybe Sulley roaring loadly freaked me out a little but that’s about it.

Haha, this is the same for me too.

Well, as a little kid, I was very EASILY scared. So probably a lot of them if they were doing their work right (without tripping over a soccer ball and landing on jacks in the room or running away screaming from me). I used to have a fear of cyclops because having one big eye in the middle of one’s face just didn’t look rightto me, like the two eyes had melded together in the center. So yes, I would even be scared of Mike Wazowski if he had showed up in my room as a kid. :laughing: (Now, I think one-eyed creatures actually make the cutest monsters).

I think the one that would DEFINITELY have scared me is that one orange guy with a lot of squiggly arms (I forgot his name). He looks like a fun guy when he’s getting groceries or something, but when he’s at work and starts screaming gibberish, wiggling his tentacles everywhere…I would freak out if THAT came out of my closet.

Since I’m relatively firm in my belief that monsters do not exist, pretty much any of them would have freaked me out, even if they were being silly just because I would have a monster in my room. :laughing:

Can’t remember his name, but the creature with all the eyeballs (a couple of which fell off and needed to be adjusted) DEFINITELY would have done the trick, realistically speaking, even if he looks silly in the movie.

Hardscrabble would, easily. I’m afraid of millipides and centipides, so I’d find her terrifying.

^You got that right, EJE… there’s a reason she’s as revered as she is in the Monster World… but still, any monster would get a scream out of me if they came at me in the dark! Though definitely Hardscrabble would get a much louder scream than usual, I admit…

I know, even a little guy like Mike would freak me out.

Oh gosh, I totally forgot about the Librarian! Yeesh… she’d make me scream for sure!

For JL it was a pile of dirty clothes on the floor. Go to 2:05 on this interview about MU in Japan.
[url]- YouTube

Yea, me too, probably. It’s just…all those eyes. :open_mouth:

I don’t know if I would have been scared, but Hardscrabble would have at least grossed me out. :laughing:

Oh my goodness thank you for sharing that! I enjoyed it 8D

I’m super sad, that video is no longer available! D:

None of the monsters would have really scared me, not if I had actually known it was a MONSTER! Monsters of all sorts fascinated me as a kid, and I would have been thrilled beyond words had a real monster actually shown up in my room!
What WOULD have totally freaked me out, though, would have been one of those human child mannequin things that they used in the Scare Simulators. Those things are just flat-out creepy to me even now, and I would NOT have wanted to wake up and find one of those things staring at me when I was a child! Heck, I really wouldn’t want one in my house NOW! When I was little, my aunt had this wooden clown puppet that I was absolutely terrified of, and those child test “dummies” reminded me a lot of that thing.

pitbulllady

There must have been something that scared you as a kid, something that a monster could take advantage of.