Which Pixar film did you see first?

Toy Story. It was my favorite movie when I wore diapers. :smiley:

Toy Story. I remember my parents talking about it being the first 3D animated film and all, while I didn’t understand the hype (I was 7, so all cartoons were the same to me). We watched it in the local cinema and I remember crying during the reveal of the Mutant Gang! :stuck_out_tongue:

Toy Story, I don’t know if I saw it in theaters but I know I saw it on VHS when I was about 5.

I know I saw Toy Story 2 in theaters when I was younger, but I might have seen Toy Story before that. If I did, I was too young to remember it.

I think I saw a Toy Story movie first when I was really little. I’m pretty sure it was TS2 because I remembered some of it when I watched it many years later, but I didn’t remember any of TS. The first Pixar film I definitely remember watching was Cars, a little over a month ago. It’s the one that got me into Pixar! According to the poll, I’m the only one that saw it as my first Pixar film.

Well, my mom says that she took me to see Toy Story when it first came out in theaters cuz it was the first completely CGI film. I don’t remember actually seeing it but I remember my mom taking me to McDonald’s and getting a Toy Story toy with a happy meal or something like that. The first Pixar I remember actually seeing was A Bug’s Life, which I got for my 7th birthday if I’m not mistaken.

I definitely didn’t see Toy Story in theaters (It’s older than I am ;-P), and I doubt I saw ABL or TS2 in theaters, however I do think Toy Story was my first one, IDK when I saw it but I remember it. I didn’t see Toy Story 2 until like 5 or 6 years ago… and I saw parts of A Bug’s Life over the years but I first truly saw it about 3 years ago.

However, I definitely do remember seeing MI, FN, Cars, Wall-e, Up, and of course TS3 in theaters. I’m pretty sure I saw The Incredibles, not 100% however… I never saw Ratatouille in theaters, but I got it shortly after it’s DVD release. TS3 was the first one that I’m 100% sure I saw on its release date, and I will continue to do so until Pixar flops (hopefully never, but not so sure after hearing about Planes…)

I saw all of the shorts for the first time around 2 years ago on the Pixar Shorts collection.

I was born in 1993 so by the time i could go to the pictures was 95 when Toy Story was released. I don’t really remember seeing Tin Toy before it if i did i’d have nightmares about that baby. :open_mouth: Thats also why Toy Story 3 had a great impact on me it’s like most of us are basically Andy’s age and grew up with him (I’m 17). How I miss playing with toys. :cry:

The first I saw in theaters was Toy Story 2, but the original was the first I saw.

Toy Story 2. I barely remember watching it though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Same here. I remember being in the theater and seeing posters of Jessie and Woody(<3) everywhere, but I recall nothing of watching the movie. :laughing:

Toy Story was my first Pixar movie. When I was younger it was my favorite movie (second to Star Wars). :wink:

Snipe, Toy Story was my PoF until I was 9, and now it is again, with The Incredibles. :smiley:

I thinkI said earlier in this post that the first Pixar movie I saw was Toy story, and the first in theaters was Monsters, Inc. But the more I think about it, I believe it was Toy Story 2 first saw in theaters But the only part I remember is the end credits with Barbie :smiley:

Let’s see if I remember, phew

The first Pixar short I saw was Tin Toy on TV when I was about 2. The first movie I saw was A Bug’s Life when it came out on video in 1999. I never got to see Toy Story at that time because I was born in 1995 when it just came out, and I was much too young to see a movie in theatres. Like Tin Toy before it, A Bug’s Life blew me away, but it was incredibly scary and probably turned me into the psycho I am today. :wink: However, once my parents realized I had grown connected to these two Pixar productions (three with the included Geri’s Game), they had bought me Toy Story. So at that moment I saw all the rest of the Pixar films in chronological order, as they all individually added to a big part of my childhood (until Cars when my childhood essentially ended, but would not be completely finished until Toy Story 3). A Bug’s Life was my first movie, but as an introduction to Pixar, Tin Toy takes the cake. I suppose I am a rare sort because of that. :slight_smile:

I remember seeing Toy Story when I was about 3 & I absolutely loved it & it’s still my favorite Pixar movie.

It was Toy Story as far as I can remember. I owned it on VHS along with several other Disney films such as Lady and the Tramp, Fox and the Hound, Winnie The Pooh and the Honey Tree, and several others. I also later owned Toy Story 2 and A Bug’s Life on VHS.

It was Toy Story, certainly. I remember I went through 4 tapes because I watched it so often they kept breaking. Thank God for DVD!

^Haha! I was the same way with the original Winnie the Pooh, except I think mine just got stuck in the VCR - we were so heartbroken that day. :laughing: Oddly enough, I don’t think we ever replaced it…

I think it was either Monsters, Inc or A Bug’s Life.
I’m pretty sure it was Monsters.
But idk, I was probably only 4ish when Monsters Inc came out.