Why Isn't WALL·E in Tomorrowland?

That could have something to do with it. I know I’ve read on WDW forums that some people are frustrated that Tomorrowland has become too kiddie-fied and there are too many character/movie based attractions instead of more original stuff. I’ve also read that with Buzz and Monsters Inc already there they dont wanna see it turn into a mainly Pixar themed area.

Now as for my own opinion, if Disney were to do something with it, it would depend on what they were planning and what they’d have to take out/change to do that. A statue or something wouldnt hurt though.

IISC, the Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! ride was really only in Disney California Adventure. But I can see why fans might complain about too much PIXAR from BLAB FNSV.

Personally though, this still doesn’t explain to me the logic of completely foregoing an opportunity to include one of Disney- PIXAR’s greatest Sci Fi films, since the film is so heavily reminiscent of Tomorrowland, and at least having some kind of roving WALL-E animatronic.

You know, maybe they should put all this Pixar stuff in an independnt Pixar World, so we can be happy, without messing with the Disney fans’ turf. :laughing:

That’s basically what Disney’s California Adventure is becoming.

I’ve actually once made up an idea of a Pixarland, and it kinda looks like Vegas mixed with Disneyland.

Oh. I wish I could see it, then.

:frowning:

Me too. They’re adding a whole Carsland. There’s a Bugs Life land, Pixar Parades, Toy Story ride, Monsters Inc Ride, character meets…But unfortunetly for you and I, no Incredibles or WALL-E rides!

Aw. But Wall-E and TI are both more popular than ABL. :confused: You’d think they’d go where the money is…

Well, the choice of a bug’s life was appropriate because the land was put in the Agriculture section of California Adventure (California is the number 1 Agriculture state in the nation). Insects can be both a joy and a burden to agriculturists. So it was more for atmosphere, I suppose.

But, in that sense, isn’t Tomorrowland supposed to represent the future version of a Disney utopia, where cutting edge engineering meets entertainment? And what’s more edu-taining than WALL-E and BnL?

Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense. :slight_smile:

I remember the other reason why they had some trouble with the life-sized characters, it did have something to do with the weight but they feared that the children’s feet would get run over by the 700-pound trolley of Wall-E. I don’t see why they keep ignoring them, I mean, if they made a life-sized lightning mcqueen, they wouldn’t keep it out of the reach of the parks although it might weigh, oh say, 3,000 POUNDS!!! as well as being a little dangerous to drive. Also, the cars merchandise is still more popular to this day than Wall-E merchandise (weird, Wall-E was about mass consumerism), so maybe their waiting until they can figure a solution to this mass and transformation issue.

An idea, there should be a love ride dedicated to Wall-E and EVE and have the song “it only takes a moment” looping during the ride!

Yeah, I posted about the supposed weight issue in my OP but I feel that’s moreover a cop out from the Imagineers trying to cover something else up. I’ve been part of the WALL•E Building group for a long time and I know from personal experience that it’s not hard to make a life size functioning replica that weighs the same as a bicycle.

I would like the WALL•E + Eve romance if it was only a small portion of the ride. Disney always stresses on telling stories through their dark rides, and a standard “Tunnel Of Love” seems kind of campy and soulless.

But, come on, He’s adorable! (this made me laugh SOOO HARD!!!)

[url]REAL Wall-E in DisneyLand! - YouTube

Me too, somethingguy912! Which is exactly why I think the Imagineers are missing out BIG time on not including WALL•E characters in their most natural environment.

I’d also love to see a flying Eve Blimp as well as a M-O street cleaner.

too bad he’s remote controlled. If only they could make him have his own personality…

LOL, I think they have huge research grants for anyone who can build a personality based machine. :smiley:

A M-O streetcleaner is a great idea Pixar Builder!

ok, we got the on-ground robots solved. Now, we just need 10 billion dollars to build a robotic, anti-gravity pivot point EVE…

But i think the most difficult thing out of making EVE is the LED. it’s going to cost 30 bucks!!!