Winnie the Pooh (2011)

Actually, only one theater has pulled Pooh off the screens. But it’s the one that I went to go see Cars 2 at and will see HP7 Part 2 at.

It is a very bad thing.

There are plenty of live action films that are sticking in theaters despite HP. And are doing well despite HP. And are cruddy movies.

Every time you take your kids to see Zookeeper instead of WTP or Cars 2, Hollywood kicks a puppy.

That stinks, pixarfan. :frowning: Living in a small town with a theater that has only 1 screen, I know how you feel.

Every time you take your kids to see Zookeeper instead of WTP or Cars 2, Hollywood kicks a puppy.

That’s funny Netbug, cuz I went to a drive in the other night that showed Cars 2 first then Zookeeper.

The running time is a little dissapointing, I wont lie…
But it’s a fun little experience. Cant you go see it when it’s cheaper?

According to Wikipedia, there were a TON of Winnie-the-Pooh characters created by Disney:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wi … _in_Disney

It is interesting to note that Gopher was originaally intended to replace Piglet, though.

lolz, I saw all three of those movies!

Lover_of_Fiction- I never take any sentece with ‘According to Wikipedia’ seriously. Also, those characters are all from spinoffs and Disney toon. I was referring to the actual WDW animation studio films.

I can’t wait to see the short The Ballad of Nessie. I have heard nothing but good things about it.

guh, now I feel bad that I was going to mention that I thought Ballad of Nessie wasn’t all that great. Cute, but not extremely memorable to me. %D;;;;;

Of the made-up Pooh characters, only Gopher appears in any Disney animated canon films.

I remember when I first read the books last year and then rewatched the movie, I was so proud that I caught the whole thing with Gopher saying “I’m not in the books!” I felt very educated :smiley:

Wikipedia is the most accurate source of informaation on the net, unless you need information from aa specific fandom, in which the wikia for that particular wikia site will serve you better.

If anyone says something untrue on Wikipedia, it will be edited out fairly soon afterwards. The only exception is with books, but in the their case most books are lucky to get a STUB on Wikipedia. i would create articles for books myself, but I’m afraid that they’ll delete them.

That’s fine, we all have different opinions! No harm in that.

I loved The Ballad of Nessie a lot, especially for the visuals (which were absolutely perfect in design). But I did feel like it was a bit shallow. Not that much of an issue, though.

I’ve never understood why people think that if you read something on Wikipedia, you have to be skeptical about it. These days, people go on the internet and get information about things all the time. So I don’t understand why people are so skeptical about Wikipedia when the things you read on the site have links to the websites where the information comes from. What makes reading about Walt Disney creating characters for Winnie the Pooh on Wikipedia any different than typing, “characters Walt Disney created for Winnie the Pooh” in Google’s search engine? There’s a good chance that your gonna end up looking at websites that Wikipedia used to get the info about it anyway.

Wikipedia is a great place to go and do initial research, to get one familier with the subject and some background information. But it’s never wise to cite it. Because it looks unprofessional, and it’s not as reliable as other sources.

Even the founder of Wikipedia said that! And I cite my College Public Speaking teacher on all that.

Just saw Pooh today. I went with my mother and my young cousins, who are 8 and 10 years old. They wanted to see Smurfs instead :-\ we refused.

It was adorable! The animation was gorgeous and the story was fun and true to the characters. It was very sweet- it reminded me of my Pooh phase when I was three or so. I still have a Christmas ornament that plays the theme song and has all of the characters moving around in a marching band line.

I thought the beginning of the credits was very clever, with [spoil:z2seerjw]all of the movie scenes acted out with Christopher Robin's stuffed animals[/spoil:z2seerjw]. It reminds you of the awesome imagination of kids. There’s just something so wonderful about that- it was kind of like the opening of TS3 in that sense. My older cousin said, "So that was all in his head? He must have a huge imagination!"

I never realized there was a clip at the end of the credits until I saw it on YouTube. I always left during the credits cuz I figured there probably wouldnt be one. I wont say what it is, but it is amusing. Here’s a link to it in case anyone hasnt seen it:

[url]Winnie the pooh movie extra clip after the credits - YouTube

Oh wow, I didn’t know about this! Thanks for sharing it, I’ll watch it when I get home bc there are no sound on the computer I’m on right now.

I saw that clip! It was so funny. But I kind of [spoil]feel sorry for the guy[/spoil]. :blush:

Oh Yeah! I forgot about that at first. I love it 8D It’s so ironic.