Winnie the Pooh (2011)

I will admit it: I got the warm and fuzzies from this trailer. If this movie bombs, my childhood will be officially ruined.

My eyes got a little moist, but I mostly felt calm and peaceful while watching the trailer. Which is strange, when a trailer nowadays usually tries to get you all excited and pumped up. To see one with such a quiet and almost reminiscent mood is refreshing in a world of overrated pre-release hype.

I think the song is perfect for the trailer. I’m reading on different websites that the song doesn’t fit the trailer. But if you listen to the lyrics, I think it’s the perfect song for the trailer.

I want to see this. SO bad. It’s traditionally animated, it’s Pooh (Pooh was my thing before and during Toy Story), and looks so sweet. <3

Can’t wait.

I really respect Disney’s marketing choice on this, but honestly I’m afraid it might do poorly at the box office, like Princess and the Frog. I can’t imagine too many (non-animation loving) adults going to see this one. :frowning:

And of course Disney decided to put it out the same day as the last Harry Potter. :confused:

Really? That was dumb of them. Why do they want to get killed so badly? :frowning:

Harry Potter will beat it on it’s opening weekend, they should release it about 2 weeks later. I watched Winnie the Pooh when I was little, but stopped as I got older. I may or may not see it; depends on the plot.

Seriously? Bad, bad move! I’m sorry, Winnie the Pooh, you’re awesome and all, but Harry Potter is higher on my priority list.

Disney’s marketing is making me very mad. Couldn’t they wait a good week or so? :question:

I don’t know. Correct me I’m wrong; I may be mixing up studios or movies, but didn’t they switch the release date for Monsters, Inc. 2 because of the Twilight release?

Regardless of the release date or how well it does at the box-office, I’m glad that it’s coming out! :slight_smile: Besides, I’m sure the Disney marketing folks will plan something, failing which, it’ll probably do better in the second week once the Potter craze dies down a little.

I just found out that Craig Ferguson is voicing Owl! :smiley: [size=75]He voiced Gobber from HTTYD.[/size]

“The word is ‘issue’, not ‘atchoo’!”

And thanks to the trailer, “Somewhere Only We Know” is now my earbug. XD

I saw the trailer for this just yesterday and I must say I’m rather excited! I’m not even ashamed of going to the theaters to watch it when it comes out, either. xD I always loved the first Disney Pooh movie, and I have no doubt that I’ll love this one, too. <3

Awesome to hear about Craig Ferguson. :smiley:

TDIT: That was my father’s favorite song. :smiley:

I still think they should move the release date. REALLY.

Not a bad trailer. I don’t really like Christopher Robin, but that’s just my opinion. It looks like classic Disney, though, so I can’t complain! :smiley:

Really? I like CR better this way.

Well, the commercial didn’t make me cry, but I get the feeling the movie will. The commercial made me feel really happy, like I was home. It was like the first half of the TS3 commercial, emotion wise. I love it.

Well, of course, I haven’t seen the movie, so I don’t really have that big of an opinion on him yet. He’s fine, but for me his voice sounds too much like a girl. :neutral_face:

I have to admit I have never had much exposure to or interest in Winnie the Pooh before, but this trailer has got me really excited.

And the voice cast… Bud Luckey as Eeyore, Craig Ferguson as Owl … this is gonna be good. :smiley:

As well as Jim Cummings and Tom Kenny!

Spongebob’s in this? :laughing: Wow. I expected Jim Cummings; he’s in a lot of Disney and a lot of Pooh. But Tom Kenny? That’s just great. :laughing: