Wizard of Oz

I know about the Wiz, in fact, a lot of my friends performed in the musical at a community theatre.

Does he moonwalk on the yellow brick road?

Probably. I still haven’t sen the whole movie. It’s never on it seems!

Oh.

I’ve seen it. The characters, aside from being african american, look different from their original counterparts.

Then there’s always the factor of Judy Garland being 17 when playing Dorothy, while Diana Ross was clearly in her 30’s. :unamused:

BUt they both portrayed a young Dorthy well, right? I believe so.

Portrayal is irrelevant to what I’m saying. I just find it mildly amusing that Diana was twice as old as Garland. I still have to finish The Wiz

You should finish it. its a good movie.

Oh yes, of course I was referring to The Wiz. :laughing: I like The Wizard of Oz, but it is a tad overblown, so I understand your dislike of it.

Yeah. I usually like fantasy movies, and any movies with great songs. But, I have special reasons for not liking this movie. o_0

That interests me a bit. Do you want to elaborate? :slight_smile: (I’m not sure how the others may take it, but I don’t mind!)

I can’t argue about it, this film is incredibly groundbreaking for it’s time.

Anyway, I think it’s incredibly overrated. Gone With the Wind was way better, and I’m oh so glad it got the big award.

I agree that it’s over rated, but I could be biased because I don’t like it. :stuck_out_tongue: 3

Leirin: I’d love to share, but as you said, I don’t want the other’s reactions. So if it’s all cool beans, I’ll PM you. I’d rather not recieve criticism for it.

I love the Wizard of Oz! The Tin Man is my favorite character.

Judy was only 17 when she played Dorothy? I always thought she was older than that, like at least 20! :open_mouth:

She was playing a little kid and had little girl’s clothes, but she was bursting out of them.

That’s one of the reasons I dislike the film.

I found myself listening to “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” alot since this thread opened up.

Hmm, really? I always thought she looked pretty good considering…I still stand by my opinion that Shirley Temple would’ve worked better for the role, though.

Yes, really. They were seriously ill-fitting.

Besides, I’m not very fond of Garland herself, but if she had been younger, I would have swallowed her in the role.

I like Judy Garland, but I think that Shirley Temple should of got the role instead.

First reason, is because I’m a bit biased. I’ve always liked Temple more than Garland as actresses.

Second, the age. Shirley was born in 1928, and would of been 11 during the filming of the movie.

I find it ironic that from the beginning of Shirley’s acting career, her mother desperatley wanted Shirley to play Dorothy in an Oz movie. And when a chance finally comes along, it doesn’t work out.