Worst animated movies of all time?

Everything you said about TSP I agree with. I do however, like 2 songs from the movie, enough that they’re on my iPod. ‘This is My Idea’ and ‘Far Longer Than Forever’. All the other songs blew. But yeah, it’s a very bland movie, and it bothers me what a jerk he was to her and just because she’s hot, he’s in love. But that’s the basis for lots of Princess movie, idk why this instance bothers me so. Maybe it’s this line:

"She started out as such an Ugly Duckling. But somehow suddenly she became a swan’

It’s called puberty, your such a D Derrick!

I don’t really hate or actively despise any animated movie, because I know how hard it is to even make a character… oh I dunno, blink his eyes, or say something, be it CGI or 2D… Even some of the most primitive animation can have very expressive mannerisms and stuff.

However, I do hold a grudge against anything Video Brinquedo makes as well as similar studios, 'cuz all their stories are ripoffs. :stuck_out_tongue: But that should be fairly obvious. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery… 'cept in animation.

Personally, and this is not just because I like it, I do not think The Swan Princess is one of the worst movies(animated or not) ever. It’s no Little Mermaid-that’s hardly disputable. But really. It’s not as bad as Chicken Little or The Wild or Bee Movie. :unamused:

I couldn’t agree more

Yeah, the real lesson Disney should have learned was that neither one of those films had particularly compelling stories, so of course audiences are not going to see it. HOME ON THE RANGE was especially appalling—I just… couldn’t believe that Disney would actually release a film this awful. They have had their share of misfires over the years: HERCULES (too much of an ALADDIN wanna-be), THE SWORD IN THE STONE, and TREASURE PLANET—but all three are masterpieces compared to HOTR.

The worst? Out of all? Tom and Jerry: The movie. This movie has SO many problems not even a true fan of the original golden age shorts can look at this. I have a theory that this was planned as a musical animated feature similar to the Disney features, only to get Tom and Jerry in it to make a couple of bucks. The plot of this film doesn’t even focus on the cat and mouse, it focuses on an orphan girl. Who has ran away from her evil aunt. I should mention that this animated feature rips off from already designed characters(the aunt looks like a human version of Ursula from Disney’s Little Mermaid. I even made a video comparing the characters in the film and what they were rip offs of). Aside from this dumb excused plot, Tom and Jerry talk(and it aint a pretty picture. Both of the voices are WAY out of character).

The biggest offender other than this having no connections to the original shorts(Such as the cartoony violence) is musical numbers. They included MUSICAL NUMBERS in a tom and jerry cartoon! Even had Tom and Jerry singing in one part of the film! Whoever approved of this didn’t even bother to watch Tom and jerry to begin with to understand the shorts. I should say that I never saw a Tom and Jerry movie working out anyways, they are better off as short films(Like Looney tunes). Its no wonder why this bombed back in the 90’s. I wouldn’t be surprised if everybody hated working on this film.

The other one that comes to mind for me is Doogal.

Cant comment on Doogal other than saying I’m thankful I never watched it. I hate Butch Hartman’s stuff anyways(I know that Doogal is based on some british show that no American is likely to be familiar with. But I remember reading a newspaper review that the people who were in charge of the original one of it were very furious that it was heavily Americanized)

Meh, I really wasn’t a big fan of Butch Hartman’s animation. I mean, Fairly Odd Parents was decent up until 2007ish.

I feel like I should bump this topic just for this abomination alone. Out of all the bad animated movies out there, you haven’t seen nothing until you’ve seen this train-wreck.

Never heard of it? Don’t blame you. This “thing” had been in production for about a decade and had $45 MILLION spent on it, all of which would have been of better use flushing down the toilet. The result? A hideous mess of a CGI film that is complete with a stupid concept (supermarket brands coming to life), annoying characters and UGLY AS SIN animation that wouldn’t feel out of place in the cutscene of a 90s PlayStation game. OMFG, just watch the trailer, or Nostalgia Critic’s review. Each will tell you everything you need to know. I normally try to intentionally watch awful movies for the novelty value, but I could never push myself to sit through all this.

youtube.com/watch?v=uROQ9nplxIY

Don’t be fooled by the all-star cast either (Charlie Sheen, Hilary Duff, Christopher Lloyd e.g), this is as terrible as animated films get.

Actually, it was 65 million. Yeah.

It also had much of the work done on it stolen partway through, and a director that had no idea how animation worked.

And…Mr. Clean does NOT go into food brands–it is a cleaning supply brand.

It just sounds like a typical excuse to justify the movie’s poor quality. I don’t know how the “work” on the movie got supposedly stolen with no backup kept in mind. Reminds me of the story behind The Creeping Terror where an apparently better monster costume was stolen.

Well considering some of the characters are made-up food brands to begin with (cough Dex Dogtective cough), that wouldn’t surprise me. Personally, I just think the entire concept is stupid and makes little sense. How are we supposed to believe a huge mini-city populated with characters from food brands exists within one supermarket?

I have no idea what you’re talking about. (Unless, of course, you’re referring to the grocery store.)

Well the film supposedly shows it to be set inside this supermarket with all the supplies you’d expect. When we see the food brand characters in their day-to-day lives however, they’re in this metropolis which looks way too big to fit in the supermarket. Argh, it’s just so confusing that even I can’t explain it.

Then maybe we shouldn’t talk about that anymore…if you can’t explain it.

Evspixarfan2012 - I don’t think it’s supposed to be only food brands, more like brands from anything you’d find in a grocery store. I read somewhere the villains are from a (made up, of course) brand of detergent.

Geoff-uk1234 - Well, if was just a made up excuse it’s not working. 8D

So the food brands are the good guys, and the cleaning supply brands are the bad guys. Is that what you’re trying to say?

No, just that there are more types of mascots than food mascots.

Geoff: Ah yes. The universally accepted worst movie of all time. If no one has seen it, I recommend you read the Unshaved Mouses’ review of it. Hilarious.