Your favourite quote(s)?

Boy ant: When I grow up, I want to be a Preying Mantis!
Other boy ant: I want to be a Stick Bug!
First boy out: I can’t choose, they’re all so cool!

Heimlich: I am a cute little bumblebee! Here I come! Slow down, you flowers! sees fly kid with candy corn Oooo, candy corn! Here! LET ME HELP YOU TO FINISH IT!

Manny: Yet again it is up to me to rescue the performance! Gyspy, come!
(Gypsy is humming; something crashes in the background and Manny screams)
Gypsy: The stage is the other way, dear
Manny: (completely unfazed) Yes, of course!

My Absolute Favorite, simple, but just hilarious:

“Your dad’s right, he’s gonna die.”

Hopper to Atta: “Stupid? Do I look stupid, to you?”

Waitress in Bug City: “Hey, who ordered a Poo Poo Platter?”
[Lots of flies attack the plate]

Heimlich: “I’m a cute little bumblebee!” and “I’m a beautiful butterfly!”

Fly1: “No, don’t look at the light!”
Fly2: “I can’t help it, it’s so beautiful!”

Dissin’ Fly: [To Francis] “Hey, cutie, wanna pollinate with a real bug?”

That’s all I can think of for now.

I think everybody has already quoted all of my favorite lines from A Bug’s Life, so I don’t think it would make any sense for me to post them again… :wink:

But I honestly have to say that the one line that Flick says in the beginning is what I personally think the film is all about:

“You might not think that you can do much now, but that’s just because you’re not a tree yet. You still have to give yourself some time…you’re still a seed.”

It’s amazing how that line really carried through the entire film, not just for Flick, but for all the characters: the Circus Bugs and how they were depressed that they would never have an audience, Dot trying to fly and rise above everyone taunting her that she’s so little, Atta always worrying that she’ll never become the queen that she needs to be for her colony…and of course, Flick and his dreams to save his people from the clutches of Hopper.

It’s just one of the amazing qualities of A Bug’s Life…which is why it will ALWAYS be one of my top Pixar favorites! :slight_smile:

I’m not quite sure. Probably this:

Flik: They can’t know the truth! The truth you see is bad! I will be granted with this mistake for the rest of my life! My childrens’ children will walk down the street, and people will point and say “Look! There goes the spawn of Flik the Loser!”

“From up here you all look like little ants! Auf wiedersehen!” -Hiemlech

(I hope I spelled all that right! :blush: :slight_smile: )

“But it’s a rock.”
“I know it’s a rock! You don’t think I know a rock when I see a rock!!! I spend a lot of time around rocks!!!”

:stuck_out_tongue:

“Why am I even talking to you? You’re not the Queen; you don’t even smell like the Queen.” - Hopper X3

Oh yeah, here’s another one I like:

Hopper: I swear, if I hadn’t promised Mother on her deathbed that I wouldn’t kill you, I would kill you!

“And believe me, no one appreciates that more than I do. Aaah! Remember ma!”

“It wasn’t even my idea! It was Axel and Loco’s! They talked fancy to me!!! I GOT CONFUUUSED!”

Hooray for Molt love.

For the colony and oppressed ants everywhere!!!

Good one!

“My children’s children will walk down the street, and people will point and say, there goes the spawn of Flik, the loser!”

That’s not word for word, but it was something like that. Defintely one of my favorite lines from the movie!

[i]
Bug 1: Harry no! No! Don’t look at the light!!

Bug 2: I-can’t-help-iiiittt. It’s so beautiful.[/i]

“The ants pick the food, the ants keep the food, and the grasshoppers leave!”

Flik
“You know, okay, fine, just go. But, if you could just do me a little favor before you leave and squish me, that would be great because when they find out I’m as good as dead.”
“I KNOW it’s a rock, but pretend it’s a seed. Let’s just use our imaginations!”
Rosie
“Rabbit in the hole, chicken in the barn, two-by, two-by, there’s the yarn. Done!”

Dot:You’re weird,But i like you.

Some of my favorite quotes are:
Hopper: It’s a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those Circle of Life kind of things. Now let me tell you how things are supposed to work: The sun grows the food, the ants pick the food, the grasshoppers eat the food…
Molt: And the birds eat the grasshoppers. Hey, like the one that nearly ate you, you remember? You remem- Oh, you shoulda seen it, okay?
Hopper: Molt!
Molt: This blue jay has him half way down his throat, okay? And Hopper - Hopper’s kicking and screaming, okay? And I’m scared, okay, I’m not going anywhere near, okay- Aw, come on! It’s a great story.
[Hopper grabs Molt by the antennae]
Molt: Ow! Ow! Ow!.

Flik: Oh, great ones! I have been scouting for bugs with your exact talents!
Rosie: A talent scout!
Flik: My colony is in trouble. Grasshoppers are coming. We’ve been forced to prepare all this food.
Manny: Dinner theater!
Heimlich: Food?
Flik: Please, will you help us?
Fly: Where are they?
Slim: We’ll take the job!

Rosie: Okay, come on everyone. Break a leg.
Flik: Whoa! You’re vicious!

Fly: Hey, waiter, I’m in my soup.

Since we have the post a quote thread, is their really a reason to use this thread anymore? I just don’t see the point.

Well, this A Bug’s Life quotes, whereas that thread is quotes from everything^^.