Ice age :unamused:
Monsters vs. Aliens
Terminator
Sherlock holmes
Coraline
Dragonball
Partly Cloudy {Does this count :question: }

None of these movies are in a certain order. :laughing:

There are actually quite a few movies that I want to see this year, and there are tons that I don’t even know about yet. Here is a list:

February 6th-Coraline 3-D (It has already opened, but I haven’t seen it yet)
March 6th-Watchmen
March 27th-Monsters vs. Aliens IMAX 3-D (I have actually enjoyed quite a few of DWA’s films, and am looking forward to this one)
May 1st-X-Men Wolverine
May 8th-Star Trek
May 22nd-Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
May 29th-Up 3-D (one of my most anticipated movies this year)
June 26th-Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
July 3rd-Ice Age 3 3-D
July 24th-500 Days of Summer (it got a standing ovation at Sundance, and the trailer looks amazing)
August 7th-Shorts (Robert Rodriguez’s family movies are usually fun)
October 23rd-Amelia (Bio-Pic about Amelia Earhart with Hilary Swank. I sense Oscars)
November 6th-A Christmas Carol (I am a HUGE fan of The Polar Express)
November 6th-The Fantastic Mr. Fox
November 13th-Sherlock Holmes
December 18th-Avatar
December 25th-The Princess and the Frog
Unknown release date-Adam (another film from Sundance, this time a romantic, comedy, drama about a man with Asperger’s Syndrome)

Those are the ones that I can think of at the moment, but I am sure there will be a lot more as the year goes on.

Coraline’s at the top of my list. :smiley: I’m so fanatic of a film I didn’t yet see!

Up, of course, being a Pixar fan/geek.

The Princess and the Frog, because hurray, 2-D animation comes back!

Race to Witch Mountain looks cool and packed with action.

And, I think there’s more to be anticipating for, but I don’t recall what else was on my list…

I hate to sound like such a movie grouch…but i’m going to anyway.

Is it just me, or as the years have gone by recently…there just seems to be less and less to look forward to every year. Nothing really sticks out for me anymore, it all appears to just be adaptations or remakes, or sequels nowadays. Some adaptations which shouldn’t even exist in cinema (I’m look at you, Watchmen!)

It could just be me, but it seems as though there’s very little to get excited about these days. Also, I’ve just realized that my argument about adaptations is useless…they’ve existed every year in cinema for years. But i can’t be bothered to delete it :laughing:

Maybe i’m just getting old and less excited for things these days. But that doesn’t seem right because i still get excited to read some of my beloved comic books, and there are a lot of TV shows that excite me more than most new movies.

It’s a little heartbreaking in a way because i really do quite enjoy going to the cinema

I really need to stop rambling so much :confused:

Well, Coraline’s come and gone. At the moment my list reads:
Transformers 2
HP & the HBP
The Princess and the Frog (my career is depending on that to do well!)
Street Fighter
Watchmen
Avatar (provided that the trailers prove it hasn’t been ruined)
UP
Wolverine
maybe Ice Age 3 and Star Trek
ummm…9? :laughing:

Heres the movies I’m looking forword to (In order of release date) :
Up (obviously)
Friday The Thirteenth
Fast and the Furious
Crank 2: High Voltage
Angels and Demons
Terminator Salvation
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
The Ugly Truth
Final Destination: Death Trip 3D
Toy Story in 3D
(obviously)

Besides Up (of course #1!!!),

Night at the Museum 2 (seems interesting, the “don’t touch that” made me chuckle a little)

Maybe…Race to Witch Mountain, I dunno.

Watch Men!! I am a sucker for comic book superhero movies!
Hope they make one out of World’s Finest :smiley:
(And if u dunno wut that is, it’s the comics where Superman and Batman become a team)

Maybe Wovlerine, I saw X-Men too many times, didn’t understand it. But Wolverine WAS/IS my favorite character. Idk.

And Up :stuck_out_tongue:

In no real order

UP! (my summer begins the day this opens)
G.I. Joe (One reason only. Ray Park (Darth Maul) is in it)
Harry Potter and THBP (I’m really hoping this is better then the terrible adaptations we’ve had so far, and it’s so hard to mess this one up)
The Princess and the Frog (I’ve been waiting for this release ever since the 2D animation studios were closed down)
Wolervine (Eh, i’ll proabaly be cool, but it has Gambit so that’s good enough)
Fanboys (I’m a HUGE Star Wars fan)

Movies I’ll probably see, but aren’t really lookin forward too
Dragonball Evolutions (I used to watch this as kid, so I will most likely end up seeing it, but man, does this look terrible)
Sherlock Holmes (I liked the books)
Year One (Harold Ramis. I’ll give it a chance)

Nice to know your opinions, people! Wow, not bad for my first thread on a general topic! :smiley:

I think I’ll add Sherlock Holmes, Star Trek, Night at the Museum 2 and The Fantastic Mr. Fox to my list based on your responses. :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to

Watchmen,
Star Trek,
Up,
District 9,
The Lovely Bones
and James Cameron’s Avatar.

And maybe that Paul Betanny’s Darwin movie if it looks good.

Im excited for the following…

UP
Toy Story 3
Monsters VS. Aliens
Night at the Museum 2
Transformers 2

Thats all i have off of the top of my head. Although im sure im missing some pretty obvious ones. :stuck_out_tongue:

One more in my list: Alejandro Amenábar’s Ágora.

National Treasure 3… I know they’re going to make it, but when exactly it will be finished and released is another story. :frowning: Yay for Justin Bartha as Riley…! :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, I’m anxious for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - the next in the Narnia series. :smiley: I’m really excited to see who they’ll cast in that movie, seeing as how I’ve read through the whole series. :wink:

little chef

little chef: A National Treasure 3? Hmm, I loved the first two, but I think 3 is going a little too far. I can also say that I am excited for the next Narnia movie.

Watchmen
Up (of course!)
U.S. release of Ponyo on the Cliff…

:smiley:

I like most of what everyone says so far, but there are WAY to many movies I wanna see so I’ll pick 2:

1. Up
  2. 2012

I belive that IT will happen in 2012. E-mail me to find out what IT is :wink:

Newt is happening in 2012. :stuck_out_tongue:

According to the Disney Press Release Disney and Pixar have Announced Newt for Release in 2011… Cars 2 and Bear and the Bow are the Scheduled release for 2012.

Unless someone’s not filled me in with Information… Since that Press Release was given.

They were rescheduled. “Bear and the Bow” was always Christmas 2011 but “Cars 2” was bumped to 2011 and “newt” was pushed to 2012.

Movies:
AstroBoy (looks great!)
Up (well duh)
HP6 (I’m excited how this will be since this is the 1st PG HP movie in a while.)
Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen
Toy Story 1&2 3D
Avatar (I used to love that show)
Sherlock Homes
9 (I haven’t watched trailer yet.)