Pixar Planet

Mr. Incredible & Pals

Talk about your favorite Pixar short films here. Pixar shorts include The Adventures of André & Wally B., Luxo Jr., Tin Toy, Red's Dream, Geri's Game, Knick Knack, For the Birds, Mike's New Car, Boundin', Jack Jack Attack, One Man Band, Mater and the Ghost Light, Lifted, Your Friend the Rat, Presto, BURN•E, Partly Cloudy, Dug's Special Mission, Day & Night, and the Toy Story Toons.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby martini833 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:05 pm

Well, I think Mr. Skiperdoo was just part of the whole joke. Every low rate production has a random sidekick. ;)
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby The Star Swordsman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 pm

I sometimes wonder where the heck did Skipperdoo get glasses. And why does he need them.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby martini833 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:16 pm

Haha, again, it's cheesy. I think Mr. Skiperdoo is so clever. It's one thing to be good at making films, then it's another thing to be good at making bad films on purpose to make others believe they are real. Its the magic of Pixar. They can do both.
Disney says: Oh, no you didn't!!!
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:28 am

I was watching it again today, and I saw that the two villains were Lady Lightbug and this corn dude. I was thinking what other cheesy villains could Mr. Incredible encounter. Its good to imagine.
The Star Swordsman

Postby ErikRuud » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Dash wrote:Bwahahaha - So... many... questions...

Let me answer them all like so...

The cartoon was a spoof of the old Saturday morning cartoons that used to run even way back before our time. This one specifically spoofed an even more outdated type of cartoon that never caught on called "lipovision." These were all cheap, low-budget type films that had crummy animation, simple plots, and lots of story holes that kids were just supposed to not pick up on. The type of production they were mocking was pitiful and cheesy at best but Pixar's ability to mimic it spot on for parody was simply genius! =)

Lipovision?? It is actually called "Syncro-Vox". It is most often associoted with the Clutch Cargo cartoon series, but it was also used in Space Angel, and Captain Fathom.

Clutch Cargo was created before I was born, but it was shown on TV when I was a kid.
ErikRuud

Syndrome rocks!

Postby WillZMarler » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:45 pm

He is the funniest part of the short when he does the voice over
WillZMarler
Ant

Postby The Star Swordsman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:21 pm

Yeah, when I heard Frozone and mr. Incredible commenting on the cartoon, I nearly died laughing. My lord it was hilarious.
The Star Swordsman

Postby JediGal » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:44 am

I agree. The commentary for that short was really funny. I cracked up so hard whenever Frozone was yelling.

And I love Mr. Skipperdoo. Without that rabbit (or bunny), the world would end. :lol: 8D
Pixar Place at Disney's Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World
JediGal
Ant

Postby Flik-E » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:51 pm

It was hard not to laugh at this short for the first time with the commentary on.

Frozone: "That rabbit is working on my LAST nerve!"
Flik-E
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Violet Parr » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:32 am

This was an extremely funny short :lol: . But it was even funnier with the commentary by Mr. Incredible and Frozone. I laughed so hard at that :laugh: ! I think, besides Frozone's rant about how it tainted his image, my favorite quote would have to be Mr. I's response to his rant...

"Hey, you're shouting. Don't shout."

Just to hear him, being the big, brawny guy he is, being so gentle and calm, and Frozone is all freaking out :lol: ! Yeah, it might've been cheesy. Sure, it might of never aired, but it was hilarious!
Violet Parr
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Buzz&Woodyforever » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 am

Is this on the second disc of the two disc DVD set? If it is, I lost it. Not the set, just the second disc.
Buzz&Woodyforever
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby lennonluvr9 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:41 pm

Yep, that's where it is.
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:01 pm

Buzz&Woodyforever wrote:Is this on the second disc of the two disc DVD set? If it is, I lost it. Not the set, just the second disc.
it is, but if you want to watch it, try find it on youtube.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Buzz&Woodyforever » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:41 am

The Star Swordsman wrote:it is, but if you want to watch it, try find it on youtube.

I'll have to look on YouTube after school today.
Buzz&Woodyforever
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Sarah » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:17 pm

The Star Swordsman wrote:I was watching it again today, and I saw that the two villains were Lady Lightbug and this corn dude. I was thinking what other cheesy villains could Mr. Incredible encounter. Its good to imagine.

Considering that he encountered a corn villain, and you said "cheesy", what came first to my imagination is "StinkyCheeseMan". or someone like that. A villain out to destroy the world, one piece of stinky cheese at a time! xD
Sarah
Shark Bait

PreviousNext

Return to Pixar's Short Films