Pixar Short Films Collection - Volume 2 (?)

I believe that the series will continue once they create enough short films to make a second volume. As to how many short films, my guess would be around thirteen, since that’s how many the first volume included.

Will there be more volumes? Discuss your thoughts here.

Of course there will. But by the time the next collection is released we would have definitely moved onto BluRay, and maybe even onto another format beyond that. I would probably purchase the BR format of the first edition by then, along with the new second edition which would have never have been released onto the regular DVD that we use now. So I’ll probably end up re-buying them on each format as time goes on, anyway, which is a bit annoying. :unamused: But “yay” for uncompressed video and audio.

Let’s not forget that Your Friend the Rat has not been released with a Pixar Short Films Collection yet, so that will be the first short film on the second volume. Plus, if Pixar releases two short films per year (one in the front of every theatrical release, and another new one on the DVD release), except for in 2011 which has two Pixar films being released which equals four new short films that go along with those two movies.

But will the first two Toy Story in 3D movies have a new, original short attached before each showing? And will Toy Story 3 have another Toy Story-related short film attached to its DVD release?

So, if the first two Toy Story in 3Ds have a new short attached to them at the theatre, then that would make 13 short films by 2011 (which is enough for a second volume), but if not, we would have to wait until late 2012 when Cars 2 is released on DVD with its two shorts (its theatre one, and its DVD one), to get enough for another volume.

Yeah, I think that’s about right…

Yeah, there will definitely be a volume 2 and so on, if Pixar continue the trend of creating a short film to go along with each new animated feature (which I’m sure they will). Rachel’s calculations look about right, but either way, there will most likely be a volume 2.

Well sure there will be more volumes. But like it’s been said, it wont be for awhile. The lfirst volume was completely up to date.

It is becoming a pattern for Pixar releasing two shorts in one year. I would say that the next short film collection will be released around 2011, if theres new shorts inculded with TS and TS2 3D movies or 2013, if there no new short for the TS and TS2 3D movies.

Well that’s still quite a ways away from now. It least it sure seems that way now. :slight_smile:

I think there will be but not for a long time. I bought the volume 1 a couple months ago. But since the volume 1 contains all of the shorts they’ve done for years, maybe we wont get the 2nd volume for another few years. Unless they do a short about every 6 months or something. I hope.

I think they are going to make volume 2 since they included the words ‘volume 1’ in the current short films collection title.

Though I’m quite sure it’s gonna be a collection for new Pixar shorts starting from ‘Your Friend The Rat,’ I wonder if they are going to remake the first 13 shorts in 3D (as they’re making Toy Story 3D), like Geri’s Game 3D or Knick Knack 3D.