Was Tin Toy shown with Toy Story in theaters?

Was Tin Toy shown with Toy Story in theaters?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I didn’t see Toy Story in the theater. Those of you who have, could you help me out?

I asked an insider and he said Tin Toy was shown on the video releases only.

Thanks everyone :sunglasses:

On the DVD I think they said they got the idea for Toy Story from Tin Toy. :wink:

Yeah. Originally they were going to do a 30 minute Tin Toy Christmas special.

I know that Tin Toy was on not the original TS1 VHS, BUT the Toy Story 5th Anniversery VHS. That’s all I know. :exclamation:

Well I got the TS1 video cassette golden edition
and it has TT.

I saw Toy Story in the theatre more than once on its first release, and no, Tin Toy was not shown with it. I don’t recall that there was a short shown with it at all.

Geri’s Game and For the Birds are probably the earliest Pixar shorts I can remember seeing before the features, but I’m not sure now which features they were attached to (I’m sure someone else knows).

I believe Geri’s Game went with A Bug’s Life and For the Birds was with Monsters, Inc.

And the first time I saw Tin Toy was with the Short’s dvd :wink:

You’re right - when in doubt, check the DVD. :wink: Plus, I remember seeing Geri’s Game a bunch of times in the theatre, which would connect it to “Bug’s Life” in my experience. :slight_smile:

So, were there shorts attached to the theatrical runs of Toy Story 2 and Finding Nemo? The Nemo DVD has Knick Knack on it, but I don’t remember seeing it in the theatre (I’m getting old, though, and that was a few years ago).

I definitely remember seeing:
Boundin’ with Incredibles
One Man Band with Cars
Lifted with Ratatouille
Presto with Wall-E
Partly Cloudy with Up

One Man Band is still my favorite - I’d watch a whole feature with those characters.

Oh, and to get back on topic - the Shorts DVD was also my first time to see Tin Toy. :slight_smile:

Finding Nemo defiantly had Knick Knack attatched to it in theaters, I know that, I remember seeing it enough times :unamused:

But the only shorts I remember for Toy Story 2 were the bloopers from the end credits. I don’t think any of the Toy Stories had a set short infront of it.

I wonder if there will be a short infront of TS3 :confused:

no it was The adventures of Andre & wally b short that was shown
Not tin toy.

I actually did see Toy Story when it was in theaters but I don’t really have any memory of a short being before it, maybe because it’s been so long. All I know is that after it came out on VHS I also got Tiny Toy Stories and that was the first time I ever saw the first 5 Pixar shorts.

Here in the UK, I remember the original theatrical release of Toy Story having Roller Coaster Rabbit (a Roger Rabbit short from 1990, originally screened before Dick Tracy) attached to it. No particularly obvious connection, but it was a fun little bonus.

For those of you who think that TS2 had no short, that’s false - Luxo, Jr. was attached. :slight_smile: