Pixar Short Films Soundtrack?

Who here would buy a Pixar shorts soundtrack, if they ever released one? I would! I really want to hear the Lifted music sans sound effects (since a majority of their short films are dialogue-free, anyway) and most of the short films’ music is just begging to be released on an OST, in my opinion. Even if it was just an Amazon or iTunes internet-only purchase, I’d take that.

Your thoughts?

I guess I would. Sometimes, the music completely captivates me and I find myself getting lost in it. A Soundtrack to the shorts would be really nice to get. i would get it too.

I would definitely buy it just for the complete One Man Band track. I love it more than a human child.

A Pixar Short Films Soundtrack Vol. 1 would be in order alongside a box set of Pixar Soundtracks 1995-2009: The Complete Recordings which would have every cue.

Oh yes, how could I forget the One Man Band music?

I’m geeking out at the idea of a complete soundtracks collection, ala what they did with the Pixar movies + short films box set… (Please take this suggestion, Pixar!) And however unlikely it is, the idea of each soundtrack having every cue from every movie, I’m convulsing at the thought. Heh.

I’m not a soundtrack kinda gal, but I actually think I would buy the Pixar Shorts Soundtrack, simply because there would be some real gems in there, especially One Man Band. And I’d love to have the ‘Blah’ song from the end of Knick Knack on my iPod. :laughing:

I might bight, but I’m still trying to get my hands on the WALL-E soundtrack over here. Dang it, that movie keeps talking my money. XD

edited by PV

I’d LOVE to have the music from One Man Band and Lifted…Michael Giacchino’s music is fantastic! :smiley:!

I DO have the “For the Birds” song…it was on a CD of a Monster Inc. random songs by Rider In the Sky. It’s very upbeat and you can picture the short as you listen to it. :smiley:

I think that the idea of a Pixar short films soundtrack is a brilliant idea. I like to buy the pixar soundtracks and I would buy the short films one especially for the One Man Band music. :sunglasses:

Yeah, I would buy it if there was one.

I will surely buy it!
I love the shorts’ soundtracks, especially One Man Band’s, Knick Knack’s (‘blah’ song), and Presto’s (credit song).

You know what, that’s not such a bad idea. Taking into account the fact that I’m such a huge Pixar geek as it is, I’d probably buy it just because it would have the Pixar name on it. (heh)

Seriously, though, I’ve always loved the background music for Luxo Jr., Red’s Dream, For the Bird’s, and Mike’s New Car, so I’d be willing to shell out a few bucks just for that. :wink:

– Mitch

I think that’d be nice. I’d buy it!

Listening to BURN•E’s music (JAC Redford’s score), Pixar NEEDS to take up this short film soundtrack suggestion ASAP. :exclamation: (Please)

Where could you find ‘For The Birds’, I love that soundtrack. The Knick Knack song is great too.

I’m willing to spend $30 just for the Knick Knack song. Love it, love it, love it!

It’s the last cut on this cd. “Big High Wire Hop.”

amazon.com/Monsters-Inc-Scre … 479&sr=1-1

It may be available on iTunes as well.

Something tells me that merchandise like this is not too far off. With the release of “Disney/Pixar’s Greatest Hits”, it seems that Pixar is still being distinguished from Disney as a whole. We also had the dvd release of the collection of Pixar Shorts. I say give it one, maybe two years, and we’re going to have ourselves a soundtrack dedicated to Pixar’s short films.

AJD08 - Concerning your prediction, I concur. What with the fact that the short films have already received some attention via DVD sales, and the announcement of the “Greatest Hits” collection, we may see something in the near future…

– Mitch

I forgot to mention that the song for Geri’s Game is listed in the credits and I was able to purchase it via iTunes. It is “Flambee montalbanaise” by Gus Viseur.

This isn’t an original Pixar composition, but if you like the introduction music for Tin Toy, the piece is from a TV show called Captain Kangaroo and the song is called “Puffin’ Billy”. You can listen to it here.

The song from Knick Knack isn’t on that album, you’re thinking of For the Birds. The music for Knick Knack was composed and sung by Bobby McFerrin. I’m not sure if it’s available on any of his albums. I actually have a copy of that Riders in the Sky Monsters, Inc.: Scream Factory Favorites album which has the whole score from For the Birds, so if you really want to hear it… cough

Hopefully Pixar have taken this suggestion on board and before long we’ll have a Pixar Short Films OST.