BnL Shorts

Well, the WALL-E home release has, in addition to BURN-E and Presto, 5 Buy n Large shorts. As far as I’ve read, they are “Captaining the Axiom”, “Operation Cleanup!”, “Meet the BnL Bots”, “The History of Buy n Large”, and “All Aboard the Axiom”. I wonder what they will look like?

I was wondering that they could be live-action shorts, some promotional video made by BNL

If those BnL shorts are live action it will lead me to hate those shorts, Because I hate live action used in CGI animated films.

Well, Andrew Stanton said that things in the past in WALL-E were primarily in live-action.

Now why did I not catch that? That’ll be cool to see. Is that on both the DVD and Blu-ray?

I hoep it’s on normal Doovdé 'cos I don’t have a Blu-Ray player.

That actually sounds pretty cool. I don’t mind if it’s live action or not- in a way, I’d sort of prefer for the shorts to be live action, to match the content of the movie. Looking forward to the WALL-E DVD release even more now! Thanks for telling us about that, Axiom.

I like the fact that they will be live-action. The LA segments of the film intrigued me simply because I’m not used to it, and the cheesiness of it is great. Plus live-action is just a medium, just like CG is, and as long as it’s made by Pixar I’m sure it will be entertaining. And it suits the theme of the movie, too.

If they’re live action, a tiny part of me will be screaming in agony, but will get over it. I find it hard to hate anything in that movie. Ever. XD [spoil]Plus it didn’t bug me in the movie at all, which was a surprise. [/spoil]

a great idea that pixar has finally picked up on…

I was kinda surprised when I saw live action being put into use in the movie. My first thought was the Pixar has done it again, creating WALL-E with live action sequences.

Then, I saw the AXIOM passengers. :neutral_face:

I don’t mind that Pixar sticks with animation as they should, but that kinda killed the mood. Ah, well, might be catching those shorts if I get the chance.

Okay, here is what they are about. By the way, I heard there is a lot of live-action.

Captaining the Axiom
Orientation video for the captains of the Axiom. Learn about automatic pilot, navigation, star maps, passenger by-product management and duties as the Axiom captain.

Operation Cleanup!
A video presentation for the Buy n Large board of directors outlining the plans to launch the Axiom into space and the five-year cleanup. Featuring narration by Fred Willard.

Meet The BnL Bots
A robot for every need, a need for every robot. Roll-out of the Buy n Large robotic product line.

The History of Buy n Large
From its humble beginnings making widgets, to creating a bright future on a clean Earth, explore the boundless commercial creativity Buy n Large has brought to your world. Featuring narration by Fred Willard.

All Aboard The Axiom
Some say “evacuation,” but we like to call it “inter-stellar recreation.” This orientation, akin to an airline safety video, includes graphics for the Earth Exit Plan and a welcome orientation to your new home, the Axiom.

The live-action parts were some of my favourites of the film, so I’m really looking forward to those shorts! The “All Aboard The Axiom” short sounds the best so far. Thanks Axiom!

This just sounds so cool. The way Pixar managed to use live-action without over-doing it worked really well in the film, so hopefully these shorts will be just as good. Thanks for the information, Axiom.

Buy and large… Superstore!
We got all you need, and so much more!
Happiness is what we sell.
(And that’s why) everybody loves BnLLLLL…

Sounds cool! The first one reminds me of the New Employee Orientation vid on the Monsters Inc DVD

I saw all five of the BnL shorts! I can’t believe Buy n Large [spoil]originally started by making frozen yogurt![/spoil]

I always thought “The History of Buy n Large” would go something like this:

"Buy n Large has been around for a long, long time…
Then you see cave drawings of BnL and Buy n Large in the Rosetta Stone and other images and signs of BnL throughout history (on the Mona Lisa, carved in Stone Henge, etc.)

These shorts are ‘full of awesome!’ I’ve watched all of them 3 times already. Love how [spoil]they combined the name of the yogurt company (Buy Yogurt) and a clothing company (Large Industries) to make Buy N Large: I mean, wow - what a random acquisition. lol[/spoil]

[spoil]BnL Healthcare? That’s scary… The flags with the logos made me laugh. And the sport wear, swim wear and action wear were all practically the same, heheh. The use of stock images was cool, as was the scans of production artwork from the movie. Some of the images and graphics were so bright and beautiful… <3

I know it’s wrong, but that food in a cup looked so appetising. =D[/spoil]

Just all 'round very entertaining shorts! Loved 'em.

Something seemed a bit off to me about the voice-over for the “All Aboard the Axiom” short. I know the lady was meant to be speaking with an English accent, but she sounded more Australian in some parts than anything… maybe lizardgirl could vouch for that? :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought at first that BNL is scary. The theme song is somewhat scary in a good way, But these BNL shorts changed my view of the company and I find it funny.

Funny and informative. Seriously, the people at Pixar almost over think everything to a level of detail that I wouldn’t have thought possible. Although they were live action, they still fitted really well with the theme of the movie. My only gripe was the use of the soundtrack from the film itself- I kept thinking, ‘oh, I remember which bit this is from!’ and it distracted me a little, though obviously it would be a bit much for Pixar to have made music especially for these shorts.

Rachel- She sounded pretty English to me! :laughing: It’s been a few days since I last heard it though, but I’ll double check next time I watch the shorts.