Pixar Planet

Lifted

Talk about your favorite Pixar short films here. Pixar shorts include The Adventures of André & Wally B., Luxo Jr., Tin Toy, Red's Dream, Geri's Game, Knick Knack, For the Birds, Mike's New Car, Boundin', Jack Jack Attack, One Man Band, Mater and the Ghost Light, Lifted, Your Friend the Rat, Presto, BURN•E, Partly Cloudy, Dug's Special Mission, Day & Night, and the Toy Story Toons.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:56 am

A113 wrote:
The Star Swordsman wrote:I think when the human started bouncing around the house was one of the funniest parts.

:laugh: :lol: 8D

Awesome, dude! 8D

Boy, do I want that farmer's sleeping pills...
I bet the farmer was feeling totally sore or numb when he woke up. How can he go thorugh theat without a scratch?
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Pixelated » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:01 am

The Star Swordsman wrote:
A113 wrote:
The Star Swordsman wrote:I think when the human started bouncing around the house was one of the funniest parts.

:laugh: :lol: 8D

Awesome, dude! 8D

Boy, do I want that farmer's sleeping pills...
I bet the farmer was feeling totally sore or numb when he woke up. How can he go thorugh theat without a scratch?

Well, he woke up screaming, that's for sure.

And I'm sure the supervisor alien flipped the "heal all wounds" switch at some point during that impressive display of UFO controlling.
Pixelated
Garbage Boy

Postby Le_chocolat » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:57 am

So did anyone else see the similarity between the aliens in "Lifted" and Pixar's original designs for the humans in WALL-E?
Number of times I've seen WALL-E: 25
"The Garden": a WALL-E fan fiction Winner of the WALL-E Forum 2008 Fan Fiction Award
"Something Right": a WALL-E music video Winner of Best Overall Video and Best Song Choice in the WALL-E Forum 2009 Fan Video Contest
Le_chocolat
Mutant Toy

Postby bright dot-dasher » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:02 am

Le_chocolat:Yeah, sorta like blobby things.

Lifted was a really funny short. Sometimes I feel like that alien (Stu, right?) during a sudden pop quiz; like I want to start yelling because it's so difficult to tell which is which. :lol:
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby WBoon » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:41 am

I'm sure many have noticed it before already, but to me, the farmer kinda looks like Linguini. Must be the hair.

I laughed a few times when I first watched it. I kinda felt sorry for Stu, but it was sure funny to watch him messed up. Sorry, Stu. :P

Oh, and of course, I was equally surprised when the ship dropped on the house. Heh, silly farmer.
Christmas Special canceled. Follow this link to find out more.
WBoon
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Al-Bob » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:05 am

yah...i love that part....da--dadada---dadadadaaaaaa---WHOMP!!!!! ROFLOL

oh...man that is good. And then poor stu wakes up to his alarm clock and falls down into the hole...ahhhhhh..Thump!

(Hmm...maybe i should get into the audio posting business)
Al-Bob
Master Scarer

Postby Bigglesworth » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:53 pm

WBoon wrote:I'm sure many have noticed it before already, but to me, the farmer kinda looks like Linguini. Must be the hair.

That he did, I read on a page that it was the same model, but I can't remember where I heard it.
You feelin' lucky punk?
Bigglesworth

Postby JhOpZzZz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:30 pm

I'm really amazed on Gary Rydstrom's directing debut here. I can't wait for his featured directed film Newt. Definitely my best short film from Pixar.
I fell in love with Pixar since Toy Story and now I'm 19 and still loving Pixar films particularly WALL-E and I'm crazy as hell about it.
JhOpZzZz
Shark Bait

Postby CMB » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:58 pm

I think this short was amazing!

I like how they had it set up like it was a driving exam or something of that taste. Brilliant.

My favorite part was probably the end, when the little dood crashed the UFO into the ground and then it takes off, and the only peice of land left standing is the little platform with the buy laying in his bed, lol

Good stuff! :)
Image.
CMB
Toy Collector

Postby carlfredricksen » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:57 pm

not my favorite short, but pretty funny. Yeah the aliens do look like the concepts for humans in WALL-E. And I can see the Linguini resemblance too. I totally saw the ship coming down on the house before it happened, but I didn't anticipate the bed just sitting there. You feel sorry for the little one when there are millions of these buttons and he just guesses wrong.

My guess is the man was sedated or something before they were going to extract him.
"So long boys! PFFFFFFFFFT"
carlfredricksen
Mutant Toy

Postby Emperor Kuzco » Mon May 25, 2009 6:27 pm

Awesome short! It's definetly on my top 3.
very very funny! :D
Emperor Kuzco
Ant

Postby Majesticstorm » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:54 pm

Lifted is one of my favorite Pixar Shorts :P it was/is hilarious. Plot setup and lack of talking was pretty well crafted too. :o
Majesticstorm
Shark Bait

Postby GlennD » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:15 pm

I think it was awesome, and the Wilhelm scream at the end made it complete! :D I only noticed it the second time though :P
GlennD

Postby WillZMarler » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:24 pm

Can I just ask something? I live in the UK and LIFTED isn't available in the iTunes Store as a short film :( It is in the US Store but not the UK one :(

Anyone know why?

Partly Cloudy will soon be added to the collection!
WillZMarler
Ant

Re: Lifted

Postby SullyMike » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:30 pm

I loved it--and, the human apparently IS Linguini--well, from what I guessed. The plot sounds amazing too...
SullyMike
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Pixar's Short Films