Pixar Planet

Boundin'

Talk about your favorite Pixar short films here. Pixar shorts include The Adventures of André & Wally B., Luxo Jr., Tin Toy, Red's Dream, Geri's Game, Knick Knack, For the Birds, Mike's New Car, Boundin', Jack Jack Attack, One Man Band, Mater and the Ghost Light, Lifted, Your Friend the Rat, Presto, BURN•E, Partly Cloudy, Dug's Special Mission, Day & Night, and the Toy Story Toons.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Boundin'

Postby WheezysBestBud » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:29 am

Hi all! I'm new here and am very excited to join your online community. "Boundin'" is probably my favorite Pixar short, so I was surprised to see that there's no 'official' thread in the Shorts forum. Perhaps a mod can make this a Sticky. Anyway, I love the character design in this short (oftentimes characters in Pixar shorts have an unsettling, almost creepy quality to them, IMHO), as well as the overall Midwestern setting. I always thought the Midwest lent itself to animation very well. Plus, I love the overall message to it. I think that's a very important proponent for animation; to entertain but also to leave the viewer with something to think about. So, who else shares my love for Boundin'?
Brian aka WheezysBestBud
WheezysBestBud
Garbage Boy

Postby Buy-N-Large » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:50 am

It's probaly my favorite after Lifted and Geri's Game.
I like it alot.
Buy-N-Large
Ant

Postby Grimey » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:55 am

I enjoy all the pixar short films, But the one that I have found most entertaining would have to be Presto. Great comedy, and the bunny looks so awesome! Boundin' is probably the most memorable for me though, no idea why.
Grimey

Postby lizardgirl » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Boundin' is definitely my favourite Pixar short film. I love the characters, I love the moral of the story, I love the way it looks and the song and Bud Luckey's voice and absolutely everything about it. After my friends and I saw it for the first time, we were quoting it for months on end afters. 'Pink? Pink? What's wrong with pink? Sounds like you've got a pink kink in your think!' Epic. :D
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:04 pm

Welcome to Pixar Planet Wheezy'sBestBud.

Boundin is probably y non-movie related short. The music was excellent and the characters were loveable.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby woody » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:45 pm

I wish I had a pet Jackalope, they seem so loveable, and fun to say! J-A-C-K-A-L-O-P-E kinda rolls off the tongue :D
woody
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby 1986 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:06 pm

This is my mom's favorite short. It's also my cousin's favorite short, but I think that's just because he thinks it's supposed to be a mockery to preschool television. (I know that's not the point, everyone! I'm just saying!)
Toy Story 3: greatest movie of the year.
Garbage Boy

Postby carlfredricksen » Sat May 02, 2009 3:51 am

This short has grown on me... When I first saw it I was thinking... "What were THEY thinking?"

The songs, rhythm and bouncing are great, and it's one where the music is completely harmonic with the animation.

Yes, JACKALOPE is fun to say as well.
"So long boys! PFFFFFFFFFT"
carlfredricksen
Mutant Toy

Boundin Plush set

Postby MWazowski » Fri May 08, 2009 3:07 pm

I figured I'd post this here because I don't think the casual Pixar fan can appreciate this as much. I'm selling a couple of my studio exclusive pieces (paying for a wedding), and I know its rare that this stuff pops up on Ebay. But One of the things I'm getting rid of is my "Boundin Buddies" plush set I got last year.

<p>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3DSelling
<p>
I was never a huge Boundin fan and almost bought this more for the packaging. Some of my collection is just to dear to my heart to part with. Like my Mr. B "Lifted" plush, and this wooden Knick Knack bank...Just sharing.
MWazowski

Postby ffdude1906 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:37 pm

I've always thought that Boundin' was one of Pixar's weaker shorts. It's a bit strange imo, the only thing I really enjoyed about it is how well animated it is. It's not a bad short, but it just seems a bit weird for me.

@ Wazowski, wow, that's some awesome swag you got there, that Knick Knack bank looks amazing! I didn't even know that Pixar made stuff for their shorts. I envy you! :D
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

I am new

Postby Jackalope » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:55 pm

I am new here also... And i can't believe i found a topic on boundin'.
Check out my name. :-D) :-D) ;-)
Anyways...I love boundin'. I love the accent of the narrator. LOL. :D
Jackalope
Ant

Postby The Star Swordsman » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:21 am

Jackalope: I can assume that your favorite Pixar Short is Boundin huh? :wink: Welcome to PIxar planet as well.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Dragon of Omnipotency » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:30 am

I remember sleeping through this in my 30th-50th viewing of The Incredibles. I was burned out from all the viewings, as I'm sure I'll get, too, while watching the Up repetitively.

~ Flare
Advertisement of the moviepocalypse. LLGMs!
Dragon of Omnipotency
Toy Collector

Postby Phileas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:31 am

I like the track. Is it an original? Nice country feel to it.
Follow me & give me a shout on Twitter! @mr_poohbear
Phileas
Chief Operating Officer

Postby Jackalope » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Yeah I think it's original. But i'm not sure.
:?:
Jackalope
Ant

Next

Return to Pixar's Short Films