Pixar Planet

Dug's Special Mission

Talk about your favorite Pixar short films here. Pixar shorts include The Adventures of André & Wally B., Luxo Jr., Tin Toy, Red's Dream, Geri's Game, Knick Knack, For the Birds, Mike's New Car, Boundin', Jack Jack Attack, One Man Band, Mater and the Ghost Light, Lifted, Your Friend the Rat, Presto, BURN•E, Partly Cloudy, Dug's Special Mission, Day & Night, and the Toy Story Toons.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Disney_Guy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:22 am

Dug's Special Mission was such an adorable little short film. It seemed shorter than most Pixar shorts, but I'm sure it will have most people going "awww" over Dug's utter innocence.
Disney_Guy
Garbage Boy

Postby ffdude1906 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:34 am

I loved this short! It's pretty short, I agree, but great nonetheless. There's some stuff in there I didn't expect, but I agree with DisneyGuy, it really shows how incredibly innocent and lovable Dug is, it's super adorable. Props to Ronnie for this short. I like how the end fits with the movie too. Very cool.
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Mykonos_Fan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:07 pm

I hope they make another short with Dug to explain [spoil]if anything eventful happened after Dug left Carl. This was right after Kevin was kidnapped, where Carl snaps at Dug.[/spoil]
UP Count (Start Date: May 29th, 2009; 7:15 P.M.): Theaters: 1 BD-DVD: 9 Total: 10Image
Mykonos_Fan
Mutant Toy

Postby Sally Jonson » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:46 pm

When I first watched up, I was a little confused when the alpha dog was talking about Dug and his "special mission" and "being very occupied, very occupied indeed, haha....". Then when the movie was over, I clicked on the bonus features and watched the short of Dug. Then I was like, AH HA! That's what it was about! I'm glad Pixar fills in most of those fender-itching details.
The New 2011
Sally Jonson
Mutant Toy

Location: On the track in hot pursuit for the ultimate Prize!

Postby apixarfan » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:46 pm

My view on the little inconsistency (Spoiler tagged)

[spoiler]My guess with Alpha's voice being squeaky during the short and the dogs not noticing it could be that the the other dogs didn't really register it. After all, they are dogs and while they may be good, they could've just have not noticed Alpha's voice until that moment in the movie, while Muntz could've been aware of it most of the time.[/spoiler]
I've seen UP in 3D. An excellent adventure.
Next Disney•Pixar movie I'm seeing: Toy Story 2 in 3D
apixarfan
Ant

Postby karly05 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:16 am

What that makes me think of is the dog behaviorist talking in the Blu-Ray featurette about the (retriever-type) dog having no short term memory - he was just in the garden yesterday, and today it's like he's never seen it before! Maybe [spoil]"Hey, Alpha, your voice sounds funny!"[/spoil] is one of those jokes that just never gets old. :wink:
karly05
Toy Collector

Postby TAMATER » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:39 pm

I thought it was a bit to short for me, but it was funny and the animation was good. So I liked it but not my favorite Pxar short.
My name's Mater. Like Tamater. Without the Ta'!
TAMATER
Toy Collector

Postby Carol » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:27 am

I personally found it to be the most lacking of the Pixar shorts. I enjoyed it, but I guess the execution wasn't that original.

But the ending where [spoil]Dug sees that his birthday wish came true[/spoil] just always tug at my heartstrings.
An advocate for good Fanfiction.

Written for MU/MI here: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1096271/Ava-Kane
Carol
Mutant Toy

Re: Dug's Special Mission

Postby Grifoshka » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:49 pm

This short is sweet because Dug is so adorable. :) I loved the ending best of all. And it explains why other dogs treat Dug like dirt and why Dug wants a master when he already has one. Also, I've always loved stories from other's perspective.
"Good work, men. Two blocks down and only nineteen more to go!"

Grifoshka
Garbage Boy

Postby Leirin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:13 am

Both me and my sister found it strangely heartwarming. Especially when Dug says "this has been a bad birthday". :-(
"Is it all gonna be this interactive?"
Leirin
Piston Cup Champion

Postby uruseiranma » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:34 pm

I hadn't seen this since i first got the Blu-Ray. A screening of it at Pixar as part of the Cartoon Art Museum's day at Pixar made it even funnier.

I can't believe I had forgotten Alpha's "I will be getting you, Duuuugggg!!"
"Woody's no ordinary toy...he's brave. But the thing that makes Woody special, is that he'll never give up on you...ever."
uruseiranma
Garbage Boy

Postby Pixarfan91 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:44 am

I also haven't watched this in a while, I should watch it again.
But what if Andy gets another dinosaur? A mean one? I just don't think I can take that kind of rejection. Im a OFFICIAL PIXARTEER Image Image
Pixarfan91
Super Hero

Postby ellie-jessie-eve » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:15 am

In my opinion, this is one of the funniest Pixar shorts. I always feel sorry for Dug!
ellie-jessie-eve
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby lizbee » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:37 pm

cant wait to watch this movie! i hope its a goo done https://moldremovalbuffalony.com/
lizbee
Mutant Toy

Postby theabernice » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:32 am

There are so many forms of online slot machine gambling, especially those that are located on online slot machine gambling agents that will indeed present various forms of very interesting games accompanied by various factors that can indeed be used as forms and also processes that we can pay close attention to, for example alone about the best game time to make a good bet.

slot online live22
slot live22
live22
slot online live22
situs live22
slot live22
live22
situs live22
judi slot online
slot live22
live22
slot online live22