Red's Dream and Tin Toy - Messages in End Credits

Hello. Today, while watching Red’s Dream on the Pixar Shorts Collection: Volume 1 DVD, I noticed something during the end credits. It was some kind of message that went exactly like this:

All characters and events are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons or appliances, living or dead, is purely coincidental. The FBI investigates crimes. Mark Leather wrote a paint system but his name is really here just to impress girls. No portion of this movie, including the soundtrack, may be reproduced in any manner. Pixar, Reyes, Chapreyes and Pixar Image Computer are trademarks of Pixar. Always wear a helmet.

I mostly found this message funny, but there’s a few things I didn’t get. I didn’t understand why the FBI had their name in the message, and I’m not quite sure what a “paint system” is. Here is a similar message I found on Tin Toy:

Any resemblance to actual toys or children is unintentional. To open, press down while turning cap. Pixar and RenderMan are registered trademarks of Pixar. Seatbelts save lives. No portion of this movie, including its sound track, may be reproduced in any manner or we won’t be your friends anymore. This bag is not a toy. Keep out of reach of children.

This message was even more confusing, but funny at the same time. I didn’t know what the turning cap bit was all about, and I definitely have no idea what seatbelts have to do with the film. I think the part about the bag had something to do with the baby putting the bag over it’s head at the end of the film.

Some parts of these I don’t get, but they’re possibly just meant to be humorous. Your thoughts?

I think the Pixar people were just messing around… they put up a bunch of common warnings and made a joke out of it. About the paint system, I suppose that has something to do with the material and rendering stage… I’m not entirely sure. It is funny though, isn’t it? 8D

Haha, the peeps at Pixar are so random! It’s the sort of thing that lots of people would like to do if they ever managed to work on a film, but Pixar actually go ahead and do it. :laughing:

That’s great. I love those!! :smiley:

xDDD

I remember finding these a long time ago, I still love them! LOL!

This is the kind of random humour that I love!

Pixar is just having fun by tossing in silly (but true) messages in with the legal grabble dabble they have to post. It is all in good fun.

Pixar is so much cooler to me now :smiley:

Well like many have suggested, I guess they just did it for a bit of fun and humor. :smiley: