Hawaii - Future Pixar Short?

twitter.com/floydnorman/status/15949745218392064

This is pretty interesting. At first I assumed it was one of those in-house student films, but I searched it up and found nothing. Since a Toy Story short will be in front of Cars 2, I guess this one will be in front of Brave?

He’s probably talking about Knick Knack, though you never know.

Nah, I kind of doubt it. This is Floyd Norman, he’d call it Knick-Knack if he meant Knick-Knack. Great find.

Hawaii sounds pretty interesting for a short. If it’s not referring to Knick Knack then I’m sure it’ll make another Pixar reference.

Update: It’s the Toy Story Toon that’s going to be attached to Cars 2.

twitter.com/floydnorman/status/16381980891414529

Last I heard the short was called “Dream Vacation”, but I guess they changed the title.

“Play-cation”! It actually sounds kind of cute, but I would prefer if the theatrically released shorts were traditional pantomime stuff, and this short were instead a DVD/blu-ray bonus.

pixarblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/e … awaii.html

EPIC SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I’m really excited for this short! I’m glad to see more of [spoil]Ken & Barbie, Bonnie and her [/spoil]toys, and I love Hawai’i!

I can’t wait for this short! :smiley: x I’m actually SO happy Ken is in it! I love Ken he’s just amazing. And it’s great Bonnie’s Toys are going to be in it too, it’d be great to see more of them as they aren’t actually in Toy Story 3 for that long. But it sounds like a really enjoyable film short, can’t wait to see it! :smiley: x

This looks cool. :sunglasses: I think my excitement level for Cars 2 (which is very high already) just shot up.

Pretty cool. :smiley:

This sounds pretty interesting. Not quite what I was expecting for a Toy Story short, but still sounds like it’ll be fun nonetheless.

[spoil]I’m not sure though if Ken and Barbie being with Bonnie is a mistake or that perhaps they heard about Bonnie going on vacation and wanted to get out themselves cause of being cooped up in Ken’s Dreamhouse all day. The epilogue in the end credits seems to show that they would have an interest in sunny places. But then who would they get to watch Sunnyside? Zurg?[/spoil]

I guess the folks at Pixar are really into Ken right now.

Sounds like Barbie and Ken stowed away in Bonnie’s backpack; love the idea! :smiley:

I know its a long shot, but darn it I wish Bo Peep was around. -Omar

I cannot wait for this <3 I’m getting the Play-cation book for my birthday. I don’t know what it’s about but still, I’m getting it.

I hope the Peas are in this, and Bonnies toys. I would really like to see more of them. Maybe Bonnie got a choice of toys to take from Sunnyside to take on holiday. Or like actionman81 said, maybe they overheard Bonnies mom talking about the holiday? Ah well we’ll have to wait and see :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m so excited to see Hawaii. I’m glad that [spoil]Ken, Barbie, Bonnie and her[/spoil] toys will be in this new short film along with Woody, Buzz, Jessie and the gang. I seem to be more excited to see this short film than Cars 2. I’m still looking forward to Cars 2.

News came yesterday that there’s going to be another Toy Story short that’ll be attached to The Muppets.
bleedingcool.com/2011/02/17/ … hort-film/

Sounds good. :slight_smile:

I am wondering why some Pixar fans not including people here don’t like that there will be Toy Story shorts. I am wondering why some Pixar fans not people here don’t like that this short will be centered around Barbie and Ken. Barbie and Ken were supporting characters and were a big part in TS3, They deserve to a have story even a short film where they are the main characters.

Sounds interesting enough. Should be a good warm-up to Cars 2.

I just stumbled on to this topic. And i’m doing my best to keep myself from knowing any more details than I should. However, i will say that I am excited for it.