If you have a spare moment... [Fan Video]

…I would love if you could view my video. :blush: I don’t normally like to ask people to view my videos (I feel a bit rude!) but I thought this is the perfect community to share with. ;-p I made this back in June last year, but I tried to put a lot of time and love into it and hopefully it can gather a few more views before it becomes too old. ^^ Unfortunately I didn’t own Ratatouille, Cars or A Bug’s Life at the time of making this but future videos shall include them and Brave! :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=JpwgwXtu8QY

I also didn’t know this community was here until to today so I’m excited to join you all! I have always wanted a place to express my Pixar love! :smiley:

Thank you for reading and your time!

It was pretty cool but it seems that the video doesn’t have a story and the sequences were succeeding to fast. There were some moments where the story actually made sense, like when everyone were giving them love looks :slight_smile:

So much lens flare! :smiley:

But seriously, wow. Just wow. This is great stuff! I really love how you made the effort to synch some of the footage to the lyrics, and how all the colours and beauty and magic just melts into a symphony of cacophony, a kaleidoscope of wonder, yada yada yada… :slight_smile:

How did you do the lens flare effect? Also, what program did you use to make this? I’m a Pixar fan video editor (look me up on Youtube: thedriveintheater) and I’m still using iMovie '06, laugh out loud.

This is insta-Fave for me. You should seriously consider submitting this for nomination in the Pixar Planet Awards, seeing you meet the cut-off date! And welcome to the forums, make your proper intro here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=564&start=0

Thanks for the feedback. Yes I admit there is no story! I guess I was just focusing on trying to make the scenes ‘flow’ from one into the next, so story’s something to focus on next time. It will be much easier to focus on the story when there’s only one fandom I’m vidding with. :smiley:

Thank you that’s really kind!

I use Sony Vegas 9. To do the lens flare effect, first I found a texture that I thought might look nice. I then blurred it so it wasn’t so ‘sharp,’ changed the hue from blue to red, panned into it and changed its ‘path’ over each scene it was over. Finally I ‘overlayed’ it to give it some transparency. Hehe sounds complicated but really it’s just a texture on top! ;-p

Thank you so much for the welcome, I shall take a look at the Awards! :smiley:

You’re welcome, cityofsnow. Be sure to post your creation during the ‘For Your Consideration’ period! Also, please don’t double-post, usually we wait 24 hours before writing another post beneath the first one (unless someone replies, in which case it’s perfectly fine to write another post beneath the replier straight away).

Will do!
Ah okay thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile: