[Buzz Lightyear Fan Game] The Sealed Galaxy

Be ready, Pixar fans, here comes a Buzz Lightyear of Star Command fan game! (well, still in development but hey)

Author: Linky439, with drawing by mephew-j
Genre: Action-Plateformer
Release date: 2016
Software: GameMaker 7.0 Pro Edition
Window size: 640x480
Multiplayer: Nope.

Team Lightyear protects peace in the Universe despite regular attack from the Evil Emperor Zurg and his army.
Their mission today is to retrieve a Brain Pod, member of the army of Zurg, that requested to join Star Command and be saved from the Evil Emperor.
This simple situation will soon worsen, to a point where the Universe could be on the verge of extinction…

You control one or more characters through the 25 levels of the game. Each character have their own statistics and special ability.
You can also use a Jetpack and a basic laser blaster. While advancing in the Story Mode, you will unlock other weapons (landmines, other kinds of laser, etc.)
There are 6 small icons hidden in most levels. They will allow you to unlock bonuses once you finish the story.

First trailer:
[url]The Sealed Galaxy - Trailer - YouTube
(the colors are a bit bland in this video, don’t know why. The pictures are showing the true face of the game)

I haven’t been around these parts in a while but I’m so glad I am now! This fan game looks phenomenal. I’ve been looking at your progress since August and I’m pretty impressed. I hope we see some more characters from the TV show such as Evil Buzz Lightyear, Romac, and Shiv Katall (though, it would restrict Buzz from being playable if you’ve seen the episode).

I’m definitely looking forward to playing this in 2016. Keep up the good work!

It is heartwarming to read post like yours ^^
On a side note, I’ve started this game 2 years ago now. Shame on me for wasting so much time those two years…

As far as other characters from the TV Show, I tried to include them as much as possible. But in order to have a correct storyline, I couldn’t add everyone in it, unfortunately… Some have a very small role in the game too. Evil Buzz, Romac and Shiv sadly didn’t make the cut :frowning:
Yeah, when I first saw Shiv Katall, I thought “This guy will be in the game, there’s no way he won’t be part of it!”… And then I saw it was Buzz, so he won’t be in it. There’s another bounty hunter however, named Cleef (a little tribute to Lee Van Cleef there).

I gotta admit that I’m planning on releasing the game in 2016, and then add a few shorter stories every now and then to add some liked characters from the show :slight_smile:

I haven’t post a lot of things here, so here’s a pretty recent screenshot, showcasing a new playable character :slight_smile:

Looking good! Used to watch BLoSC a lot as a kid. I love how you incorporated stuff from the show into the game. For example Cosmo’s diner and that one biologist that lived on Karn (can’t remember her name. Been a while since I last watched the show). Possibly you could make another game afterwards that features characters like Evil Buzz, Warp, NOS-4-A-2, XL, and many others. Either way, I wish you luck on this game, and to infinity and beyond!

I don’t know for another game after this one, but what I know for sure is that Warp, XL and NOS-4-A2 are a part of this one :wink: