Pixar Planet

The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List

Are you a talented fan of Pixar? Show off your skills here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby azzstar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:35 pm

Here's another in-joke, which I spotted in Ratatouille

Luigi can be seen driving by the Sienne Bridge where the Pizza Planet Truck could also been seen driving by.

A close up image

Another image of him (the yellow car is Luigi)

And last but not least.

I'm still not sure if that is Luigi, but it looks like him. It would be nice if others could confirm this in-joke.

Edit: links were broken.
Last edited by azzstar on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
azzstar
Garbage Boy

Postby azzstar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:45 pm

rachelcakes1985 wrote:
A113 wrote:TS2 (Toy Story 2) truck: During the Life is a Highway sequence, Mack driving Lightning's trailer through a section of Interstate in the desert.
FN (Finding Nemo) truck: During the epilogue, when more trucks and cars are entering Radiator Springs.

Could you be a bit more specific as to where it is in the film, please? Try to be as descriptive as possible when submitting, because I am having a bit of trouble finding both of the trucks... ;) If you could give me an exact time of when they appear, that would be even better.

Is this what your talking about A113?
The Orange truck with FN.
azzstar
Garbage Boy

Postby A113 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:38 pm

azzstar: Wow! I didn't notice the FN truck at that truckstop, but there's one, rachel! I was thinking of the one in the epilogue.

As for Luigi in Finding Nemo, I saw a yellow car drive by also, but it wasn't Luigi just because it was yellow. You could clearly see that the model was off. PM me. :wink:
I've seen Ratatouille eighteen times, and WALL•E two times. • Jesus is LORD!
A113
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:32 am

azzstar: Oh kay now. I need to watch the Pixar films more because I totally missed everything you posted when I was watching on DVD and in theatres. THanks for posting these up dude.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Sky » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:21 am

Awesome contributions, guys. Keep 'em, coming. I'll try to update the list this weekend. :mrgreen:

If you guys disagree on an in-reference it's good to have respectful discussions and try to prove your point. After all this is the thread to do it. ;) And as for that Finding Nemo truck in Cars, the truck next to it has the The Incredibles logo on it, and it also says "inc", a reference to both The Incredibles and Monsters, Inc..

azzstar - I've heard about that Luigi in Finding Nemo in-joke before, so I'll see if I can find him myself.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby lennonluvr9 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:49 pm

Yeah I've seen that "Luigi" car in Nemo but honestly it goes by too fast for me to really get a good look at it.
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby A113 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:40 pm

rachelcakes1985 wrote:the truck next to it has the The Incredibles logo on it, and it also says "inc", a reference to both The Incredibles and Monsters, Inc..

We knew that ages ago. And don't you already have that one in the list?
A113
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:23 pm

SO far rachel, I'm goint at about a couple chapters on my DVD per week. I might be a little busy this weekend, but just o let you know, I have got some stuff for you from the Incredibles DVD.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby azzstar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:40 pm

Here a reference to Monster Inc. Its the scene where Mr Incredible get angry at his boss, for not letting him stop a mugging.

Here's another which should have been added from the beginning, I think someone posted this in-joke before in the forum. Anyways Doc Hudson could be spotted where Frozen and The Incredible family battle against the omnidroid.
azzstar
Garbage Boy

Re: The definitive Pixar in-jokes list

Postby azzstar » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:51 pm

rachelcakes1985 wrote: When Skinner is looking through his letters, one of them has a Roz stamp. (confirmation needed)

Is this good enough?
And
azzstar
Garbage Boy

Postby A113 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:41 pm

LOL nice, but I'm not sure about the MI reference. All it said was "Inc". Doesn't mean it's a reference to MI, it's probably just a coincidence, like 2057 on the Bn website.

Hey, on that pic with Doc Hudson in TI, check out the Bradley Hotel in the background! :mrgreen:

Is that an ABL stamp above the Roz one? :shock:
A113
Master Scarer

Postby Sky » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:37 am

A113 wrote:
rachelcakes1985 wrote:the truck next to it has the The Incredibles logo on it, and it also says "inc", a reference to both The Incredibles and Monsters, Inc..

We knew that ages ago. And don't you already have that one in the list?

Uh, I don't think so... And if it is not on the list, then I thought it would be a good idea to put it up for discussion. Anyway...

A113 wrote:LOL nice, but I'm not sure about the MI reference. All it said was "Inc". Doesn't mean it's a reference to MI, it's probably just a coincidence, like 2057 on the Bn website.

I disagree. Everything that is in a Pixar film has been put their on purpose, especially if it is a reference to one of their past films.

The Star Swordsman wrote:SO far rachel, I'm going at about a couple chapters on my DVD per week. I might be a little busy this weekend, but just to let you know, I have got some stuff for you from the Incredibles DVD.

Oh, that's ok. Just keep looking for those references at your own pace. I look forward to seeing what you have come up with. Thanks! :mrgreen:

-----------------------------------------------------------

azzstar - Thanks for the screencap. It was a bit hard for me to see, even on my own DVD. I've uploaded clearer shots of the stamps: letter 1, letter 2. The first (green) stamp just looks like a head of someone I don't recognise, and the second stamp looks like the Taj Mahal, or something... I don't see Roz at all.

Oh, I found something interesting. While I was trying to make a screenshot of the letters, I noticed the scribble on Skinner's desk. I can make out the number 42 in a circle (which could be a running in-joke in itself, since Pixar have had this number in a lot, if not in all of their films), but can anyone else make anything else of the scribble? scribbles

PS I can't wait till I get a Blu Ray drive for my computer - this will make finding these references a lot clearer and easier...
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby azzstar » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:09 pm

rachelcakes1985 wrote: the second stamp looks like the Taj Mahal, or something... I don't see Roz at all.

It more looks like this character
azzstar
Garbage Boy

Postby Sky » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:50 am

*updated*

Thanks for submissions so far, guys. If I have made any mistakes, or forgotten to add anything in, please let me know. I've added all of the references in that weren't disputed, as well as some quite interesting Toy Story 2 in-jokes that I found on my own. ;)

lennonluvr9 wrote:Actually I'm not sure if you can see it in the film, but in Nemo in the dentist's office I've seen shots of an "M is for Monster" lying around.

I haven't been able to find it... :|

azzstar wrote:It more looks like this character

I really don't see it... We need some more opinions on this.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby azzstar » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:31 pm

Nice to see the extended list of in-jokes.
azzstar
Garbage Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom