Pixar Planet

The Definitive Pixar In-Jokes List

Are you a talented fan of Pixar? Show off your skills here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:38 pm

TheLittleGreenMen wrote:Did anyone post the cameo Lotso made in Up?

Yup. Please check before you post. :)
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby TheLittleGreenMen » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:59 am

^^^ Haha, sorry. Another reference is the batteries used in Toy Story 3 are BnL Batteries. BnL is the company from Wall-E. And Revolt (or Revolting) Batteries are used in the
roulette style scene in Toy Story 3... Revolt is a sponsor of a race car in Cars

Howdy... Howdy, Howdy, Howdy....
TheLittleGreenMen
Shark Bait

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:12 pm

TheLittleGreenMen wrote:^^^ Haha, sorry. Another reference is the batteries used in Toy Story 3 are BnL Batteries. BnL is the company from Wall-E. And Revolt (or Revolting) Batteries are used in the
roulette style scene in Toy Story 3... Revolt is a sponsor of a race car in Cars

Both have been posted w/ pictures. You may want to check previous posts. :lol:
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby TheLittleGreenMen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:27 am

^Facepalm... lol. My internet is really slow at the moment, so it takes a while just to load a single page... I'll look through this forum when I get the speed back :P

Howdy... Howdy, Howdy, Howdy....
TheLittleGreenMen
Shark Bait

Postby Flik-E » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:55 am

Just thought I'd say that I'm now working on a video guide for Pixar in-jokes using some of the information from this thread during my spare time. I'm still thinking about if I should wait until Toy Story 3 is out on DVD/Blu-Ray to include the in-jokes from there (I'm not going to use one of those leaked versions of the film cause of the quality), but I own all of Pixar's films that are out already.
Flik-E
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Flik-E wrote:Just thought I'd say that I'm now working on a video guide for Pixar in-jokes using some of the information from this thread during my spare time. I'm still thinking about if I should wait until Toy Story 3 is out on DVD/Blu-Ray to include the in-jokes from there (I'm not going to use one of those leaked versions of the film cause of the quality), but I own all of Pixar's films that are out already.

Like Pixar Secrets?
Another in-joke:
Russel frm Up was modeled after pixar animator Peter Sohn, and was even the voice of him in the short George ad A.J.. There's a thread about it:
viewtopic.php?t=6441
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Buzz&Woodyforever » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 pm

I don't have any screen shots, but when I was re-playing the "Late For School" level on my copy of The Incredibles video game for the PS2, I saw the Pizza Planet Truck, the Eggman moving van from Toy Story, and a van that looked very much like the one Andy's mom drives.
Buzz&Woodyforever
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Bryko614 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:43 am

Here's a temporary picture of the Six Million Dollar Man lunchbox that Buzz grabs.

http://i36.tinypic.com/necmzc.jpg

The real thing:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1186/317 ... ba.jpg?v=0
Bryko614
Upcoming Pixar • Chief Writer

Postby Chuckles » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Here are 3 in-jokes from Toy Story 2 that I didn't see mentioned on your list:

When the toys are entering the airport while underneath the dog-case, an announcement is made for passenger Leon Rich (Lee Unkrich).

The little girl that approaches the toys/dog-case might be Hannah from the original Toy Story.

When the airport announcement containing the A-113 reference occurs, Laset Air is mentioned (Lasseter)
I am a certified Pixarteer!
Chuckles
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby pixarfan9099 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:54 am

And in the airport in TS2, there's someone who's holding a baby that looks exactly like Molly.
Visit my Pixar blog: http://yetanotherpixarblog.blogspot.com/ I'm a Pixarteer Emeritus Read Monsters, Inc. 2
pixarfan9099
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Does recycled animation count?
EDIT:
Pictures anybody?
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Dillinger » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:39 pm

I don't know if this is said.. but Buzz has the text "Copyright Disney" on his butt
it's hard to see and the only frame you can see it is in the "i will go sailing no more" scene

Confirmed by: John Lasseter
Dillinger
Garbage Boy

Postby MIKE WAZOWSK-E » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Dillinger wrote:I don't know if this is said.. but Buzz has the text "Copyright Disney" on his butt
it's hard to see and the only frame you can see it is in the "i will go sailing no more" scene

Confirmed by: John Lasseter

But that's disney, not pixar. I've read in TS3 that he has something like Disney/Pixar. Though if that's true, maybe it wouldn't make sense, due to him having disney on his butt in ts1.
MIKE WAZOWSK-E
Garbage Boy

Postby Geoff-uk1234 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:12 am

That was very interesting to read. I even found out some things I didn't know. It's one of the reasons why I love Pixar, their use of in-jokes and references to other films, something I don't think Dreamworks does. Overall, great read. :)
"Animation is not a genre, it's an art form." - Brad Bird

https://letterboxd.com/Gst95/
Geoff-uk1234
Master Scarer

Postby Chuckles » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:50 pm

Geoff-uk1234 wrote:That was very interesting to read. I even found out some things I didn't know. It's one of the reasons why I love Pixar, their use of in-jokes and references to other films, something I don't think Dreamworks does. Overall, great read. :)

Well I'm aware that there are a few hidden characters in Flushed Away, and there is a Shrek pin in Monsters Vs Aliens, but besides these it is soley a Pixar tradition... Wait, how do I know this about DreamWorks movies?... Why do I know this about DreamWorks movies?!?
I am a certified Pixarteer!
Chuckles
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Fandom