New Pixar Fans' Website

Okay this one’s so new that it’s not even online yet (or complete, for that matter), but I thought I’d share a few screencaps of it with you. Tell me what you think!

You’re first greeted with the home page:

And from there you can easily navigate to, let’s say, the ‘Movies’ section:

or to the ‘Shorts’ section, perhaps?

To give you an idea, here’s an incomplete movie page, below. The sihouette at the top becomes colored in according to the movie you’ve accessed, and on the movie page and its subsections you’ll be able to read the summary, all about every character in the film, trivia about the film, watch the trailers and clips that PIXAR has made public, see what goes on behind-the-scenes, read up and see examples of all of the relevant in-jokes in the film, and access extra media associated with it, such as wallpapers, the official website, games, et cetera!

Note that on all of the other movie and short pages the logo is bigger and the page looks less sparse. This was just to give you an idea.

The website will also, as you can see, have a few more sections, such as one devoted to facts about PIXAR and what goes on (and in-jokes they’ve made), and another that will be by far the most kid-friendly page on the website that’s ALL media and fun stuff related to PIXAR, and then of course a contact me page (with more wordy legal disclosures as well.)

So, tell me, would you visit it? :slight_smile: Be honest! :smiley: Also, if you’re one of the proud few that run Pixar Planet, would an affilitation be something you’d find acceptable?

I’m open to suggestions! Thank you!!! :smiley:

EDIT: ARG I’m going to assasinate my keyboard. (Typos fixed.)

That site looks cool, maybe if the admins like it, it could be a part of the Pixar Planet network, the only thing missing from this site is really a movie facts page, you know, like a wiki, or just the Pixar section more fleshed out, and if this site is integrated into the PixarPlanet.com domain, PP would be complete.

Yeah hopefully by the time I’ve finished it I’ll have addressed all of that. I don’t want it to launch until it’s got a lot of meat on its bones.

Thank you for the compliments! :smiley:

I’d love to help you out with this site! What’s even more amazing is that you’re brave enough to use Vista! XD

Thanks! Hehehe, yeah Vista is HORRIBLE! Every time I open up the website from MY OWN HARD DRIVE, Windows informs me that it couldn’t find the file (that I just clicked on) and that it could not be opened…while in the background Firefox is just skipping along bringing up the file that isn’t there. -_-

Hahaha, anyway, thanks for your offer to help. I’d genuinely appreciate it. Give me a little bit to set it up a bit more and I’ll get back to you (I mean it.) :smiley:

I love the design so far!

What I would suggest is that this site be more of the IMDB for Pixar movies. The niche for a forum (Pixar Planet) and blogs (Upcoming Pixar and others) have been filled, but what I have noticed is that there is no true centralized location for in depth information on movies, their characters, in-jokes, actors, animators, and all that jazz.

If you decide to take that route, I’d be happy to help with the behind the scenes :smiley:

You would? GREAT! I need help there, too. As for your suggestion as the IMDB of PIXAR movies (with more details than IMDB can supply, mind you) I totally agree, and that’s what I’m going for! I want it to eventually be so detailed that you can look up and read the newspaper articles from TI, or read bios on all of the PIXAR ancillary characters, and all of the other micro-details that can be found in PIXAR productions.

I will obviously most likely NOT attempt to launch with all of that, but hopefully it wil amass over time and within a year be enormous.

EDIT: As a side note, I in fact read the newspaper articles when I watch TI (with the DVD paused) and I’ve even read the old woman’s insurance claim (the one Bob denies once we’re 15 years in the future). It’s funny to see things on the page like “Age may be used as a cover to take advantage of insurance policy. Use caution.” —The woman’s name was Mrs. Hogunson or something, right?

I do this with all of the PIXAR movies. :wink:

That actually sounds like a fantastic idea that I’d love to be a part of. I PM’d you :smiley:

Yay! My first PM! I’ll get back to you in just a minute.

This is going to be a huge undertaking and my schedule only gets denser from here on out, so anyonw that wants to help out is welcome!

This looks like a great website- cool design and layout- and it looks as though it will be filling a gap in the market, so to speak. :smiley:

I’m sorry that I can’t help out, but I honestly would have no idea where to begin when it comes to websites and technological stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool website! I really can’t wait to see the finished product!

You are very skilled, eratosthenes. :wink:

Wow I totally mised these responses! Thanks guys! By the way, I just saw that post regarding promotion of other websites…this one’s in the clear, right?

This actually looks pretty good! Much better than a certain site in the past that we PP vets won’t mention… :wink:

eratosthenes - This website of yours actually looks quite interesting! I like the design/layout, the sections and subsections for each page pertaining to each individual Pixar production, and how a character (or characters) from a film become highlighted when selected.

I am not at all versed in the art of technology, but I wish you well in applying the finishing touches to your site! I also wouldn’t mind it if it became an affiliate of Pixar Planet’s in the future. Keep up the good work! :smiley:

– Mitch

it looks pretty good…