What Makes YOU Pixar's Biggest Fan?

I’m probably not the biggest Pixar geek, but I’m still a Pixar geek nonetheless. :mrgreen:

-I’ve been visiting Pixar Planet almost daily since the day I became a member.

-I keep on asking people (in person) what their favorite Pixar movie was, even when I’ve asked them before.

-Lots of things remind of of Pixar films, for some reason. Whether it’s a lyric in a song that matches with a scene from one of Pixar’s movies, or a non-Pixar story with a character with a similar personality as one a Pixar character, really, almost everything.

-Might sound peculier, but sometimes I try to keep thinking about Pixar until I fall asleep, so I can dream about meeting one of the characters and being part of one of their movies. (Still hasn’t really happened, except this one time where I dreamt about getting Vi’s superpowers…) Still dreaming!

-I really want to be a voice actor at Pixar Animation Studios. At school, when someone asks me what I want to be when I grow up, I answer that I dream of someday acting at Pixar, and I also add, “but I don’t have to grow up to do that.”

-I’m working on my own orignal stories, and I’m on my way to becoming an author, but I’ve delayed them because ideas of fanfictions (of Pixar films, of course) keep coming.

-My best friends know me as a Pixar lover and know to let me know of Pixar-related stuff (they like Pixar, too). And my little sister teased me about being such a Pixar fan (she stopped now, though).

-When I listen to songs on my mp3 player, I picture scenes from Pixar films that might fit the lyrics in a music video. (not all the lyrics, though :stuck_out_tongue:)

-I quote Pixar sometimes without planning to. Sometimes the words just really seem to be needed in whatever situation I’m in.

-When I see an ad for something of Pixar on TV or online, I freak out excitedly. Sometimes I even have to be calmed down a bit after seeing one.

-When I come across Pixar-related merchandise in a store, I stay to admire it for a long time.

-I own a Pixar Monopoly game.

-When I’m in a store at Disneyland that sells lots of Pixar-related stuff, I stay in that store longer than others.

-I’ve recorded some Pixar movies on tape, but I’d rather have all the DVDs.

-Sometimes I wish I could meet the characters! :smiley:

-There’s a factory I pass by sometimes that looks just like Monsters, Inc. only it has no name written on it. Whenever my friends and I see it, we go, “There’s Monsters, Inc.!” :slight_smile:

-After reading a scary story, when I went to bed, I was actually creeped out, even though I wasn’t usually afraid of the dark. Then, I thought of Monsters, Inc. and how the monsters were misunderstood, and my fears were gone! True story. :smiley:

-I suddenly felt sorry for monsters when parents tell their kids they’ll get rid of the monster in the closet.

-After watching Ratatouille, my entire view on rats changed. I don’t hate rats anymore, even if they’re not like the characters in the movie! It’s like a Pixar charm over me.

-When I watch a superhero movie besides The Incredibles, I sometimes smirk at their capes and secretly think that they should have gotten some advice from Edna. “No capes! They don’t hear me. Oh well, they’re doomed.” xD

Not a very avid Pixar fan, but a fan nonetheless. :wink:

What started with Toys Story ended up with me having to be writing a fan fic about The Incredibles. Back in the '90s, when I first came across that ‘first theatrical Pixar production,’ I was… ignorant, I guess. Couldn’t remember much from then, especially with my lethargic self nowadays. Nevertheless, I’m sure it was good, because it set me off on a long life of fandom with Pixar productions, with A Bug’s Life, Monsters, Inc. and eventually, Finding Nemo.

Then, Dreamworks Animation Studios came along.

Not to be biased, especially with the fact that DWA has good animating talents, but I never really support it and will never support it. What was A Bug’s Life never really came for me (at least not as significant as I remember) because currently, in my memory lane, there’s only “Antz.” I couldn’t remember much about my theatrical experience with A Bug’s Life, only my “Collector’s Edition DVD” experience.

Heck, if it’s not for the “10th Anniversary” release, I probably would have completely forgot about how the original “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” goes. I could never really forget about the mutant toys because of the franchise’s respective PC games I’ve played during my youth (“Activity Center” and the erm, Toys Story action game which I cannot quite remember its title) - that which experience I remember more than my movie experience. The scene where Buzz and Woody bickered under that truck was unforgettable - it was a classic scene, and I was reminded of it again in the Cars bloopers.

Monsters, Inc. was more memorable, however, as there were several reruns on Disney Channel during my teenage years (or long before that…). Mike became my favorite character straight away upon seeing his cool and charismatic personality.

I shared my opinions about DWA vs Pixar with some of my friends, and they couldn’t help agreeing, too (maybe because they’re my friends…), claiming that they enjoyed Pixar movies more than those made by the… other guys. Shrek’s temptation was powerful, though. It’s the only franchise (before today’s Kung Fu Panda) they enjoyed from DWA. I’ve watched it when I was young, but never really got attached to it. But why do I get attached to Pixar productions instead? Ask yourself that question. :wink:

So, year after year, Pixar continuously produced masterpieces to come, and I continuously enjoyed them, even more with the coming of The Incredibles.
I watched it fifty times on the theater - nearly two to three screenings everyday. Got tired in the early parts without Violet, but when she came into screen, it’s lights up for me again.

Then, Cars came along.

At first, I never really enjoyed it, kinda disappointed, even. Nevertheless, after some time of rewatching the film, I fell in love with the hot and cool personality of Lightning McQueen. Yeah, I kinda always like those hot-shots, cool guy type of characters, don’t I? :stuck_out_tongue:

Regardless of everything, Pixar had been a big part of my life and an even bigger part today with this forum. I’ve never really enjoyed writing before, evident from my lack of update when I first started on the Incredibles fan fic. Then, seeing how supportive TSS is with my fan fic and the many ideas that came into my mind for the story, I’ve grew into it and, now with more time, I’ve spent more time on it and posting in this forum.

Up till today, I’m still not a very big Pixar fan compared to all you crazed, trivia knowing, scenes remembering fans out there. :stuck_out_tongue: But, I’m quite happy to be one, and I’m satisfied that it’s such a renowned animation studio, because I like the things I like to be popular and grand. :wink:

I’m not, really. :laughing: I mean, yeah, amongst pretty much everyone I personally know, then I am, but in terms of worldwide Pixar fans, then probably not. I’ve watched the Pixar movies at least three times each, but in comparison to some fans, it’s really not that much. But I do love all of the Pixar movies and short films, so I guess I’m a bit of a Pixar geek. Ish. :stuck_out_tongue:

-I’ve watched Monsters, Inc. about 60 times straight through, and probably a good 150 just skipping to the Randall parts.

-I do tend to get a little overexcited when talking about Pixar films.

-I find myself thinking about certain Pixar films in my spare time, or sometimes being reminded of them randomly.

-A dream of mine is to visit the Pixar Animation Studios one day, and just see what it’s like there. Even if I don’t get to go inside, just being near by where the magic happens would be amazing.

-I don’t own much Pixar merchandise, but I have quite a few of the Pixar orientated books.

-My friends know that I love Pixar, and I make them do this big outing thing to go and see the next Pixar release, usually on opening day if possible. At first, they moan that I’m getting overexcited, but after the movie (and especially after WALL-E) they tend to agree that Pixar is one of the best, if not the best, movie studios out there. :laughing:

-If anyone types or writes Monsters, Inc. without the comma and fullstop, I get very annoyed very quickly. :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldn’t say I’m Pixar’s biggest fan (I know a couple people that are bigger fans than I), but I do know a thing or two about the company and the films. :wink: My specialty would probably be the in-jokes and cameos. For some reason, that gets me excited. :stuck_out_tongue:

Am i the biggest Pixar fan? I don’t think I am. But do I like to think that I am the biggest (if not one of the biggest) Incredibles fans in the world? Yes, I do. Below are reasons why.

Reasons Why I Am A Big Pixar Fan

• I have seen all of their movies and have loved (almost) every one of them.

• I am the biggest Pixar Nut in my whole family, knowing almost every Pixar movie by heart.

• I know the classic traditions in each Pixar film (Pizza Planet Truck, A113, John Ratzenberger) and can point them out in each movie.

• i go about every day of my life, thinking about Pixar, whether it is their films, shorts, employees, directors, actors, future works, and of course, Pixar Planet.

• Speaking of which, I am an active member of the forums and post just about every day. And to add a little bragging right in here, I remain the top poster of Pixar Planet. :stuck_out_tongue:

• I have a Pixar Monopoly game and Pixar playing cards.

• When ever my friends and I want to watch a movie, i always suggest a Pixar movie first (incredibles first of all)

• I plan to make a Pixar music video on youtube in the future.

• My dream is to voice act in a Pixar film (perferably an Incredibles sequel)

• I have tried to create a strategy game using characters all across the Pixar Universe.

• Everyone (friends and family) know that I love Pixar.

• I have a Pixar playlist on my Ipod.

• I use Pixar quotes frequently.

• In a disney store, i spend like about 75% of the time there looking at Pixar stuff.

//////////\

Reasons Why I am a Big Fan of The Incredibles

-I have seen the movie on average of once a week (used to be once a day)

I have written about 6-7 fanfics on the Incredibles (all of which are highly rated, reviewed, read, and liked)

My youtube channel is what you call “Incredibles Videos Central”. THere, I favor all of the Incredible Incredibles videos and add every TI video I see on Playlists (currently, i have 3, over 400 Incredibles videos)

Speaking of which, I have made Incredibles music videos, all of which are highly rated, favored and viewed. (Be jealous :stuck_out_tongue: )

I do an Incredibles search on google, yahoo, youtube, and other places every day.

I dream about the Incredibles often.

I own both full and widescreen version of the movie.

I know the movie by heart and know almost every odds and ends of it.

I have seen the Disney on Ice Show of the Incredibles.

I always look for TI stuff at Disney Stores, Target, Toys R Us, etc.

I own TI merchandise (shirts, figurines, mini-statues, video games, computer games, books, toys, action figures, soundtrack)

Every time I hear a song, i think which charater fits with this song.

I ask for TI stuff every Christmas.

I never miss TI on TV (ever)

I can play every song (pretty poorly, and with struggles) from the movie by ear.

I always have fantasize what a probable TI sequel would look like.

My first Girl Friend was pretty much a Violet Parr.

I try to imagine what the TI Heroes would do in other movies.

(I have more, but I can’t think right now)

• I’ve gone to movies that I otherwise wouldn’t have gone to see because I knew my favourite trailer in the world was going to be shown in front of it (the full-length WALL•E trailer.)

• When I go to the cinemas to see a Pixar movie, I’ll make sure I’m there really early, sometimes even 30mins before the movie is scheduled to start just so I can make sure I’ve got the best seat, and so I don’t miss the trailer and short film in front of it (which is half the fun of going to see a Pixar movie.)

• Me: “I’ve got some really exciting news!”
    My sister: “This isn’t about Pixar, is it?”
    Me: “…yes.”

• Ever since seeing the live-action parts of WALL•E, specifically the part in the beginning with [spoil]the BNL commercial to promote the benefits of leaving Earth[/spoil], I’ve wondered what it would be like for me to have gotten a part in that commercial, even though I can’t act for peanuts.

• After I found out about the Ratatouille Cast and Crew CD, I tried to do anything to be able to listen to it, even bidding on every copy that came up on eBay, but I was always outbid by a few dollars. Until someone kindly made me a copy of it, yay. =)

• For the past couple of years, leading up to both Ratatouille and WALL•E’s Australian release, I’ve actually dreamt about sitting in the cinema and watching the movie. Quite hard for your brain to come up with some ideas of what the movie may about in your dream, though. In one dream I even watched Ratatouille with a CG Linguini in the cinema. O.o

• I make a point to pronounce WALL•E as “Wall-Eee”, the exact same was as John in the movie says it, for example, so I know I’m saying it right.

LOL!

Heheh. That’s awesome! Something similar has happened to me: there’s some sort of production place I’ve driven past a few times and it looks like somewhere that WALL•E could have been created. It even has a futuristic name and logo.

I’m the same, except with WALL•E, let’s say if they type it as: WALL-E, Wall-e, Wall e, etc I get a bit annoyed but I can understand if people don’t have the time to type it correctly.

Woah!

I do this, too! If someone asks “I feel like watching a movie, any suggestions?” I’ll go straight to which Pixar movie I think they would enjoy the most. Or if someone says they want to watch a movie at a cinema and I suggest the current Pixar movie showing and they say “But I’ve already seen it.” I’ll say “Well, you can always see it again.”

Ha-ha, yeah! Whenever I go to a department store, I’ll usually make a beeline for the toy section to look at Pixar toys, and then to the books/stationery section to see what they have there. I could spend a good 20 mins deciding which WALL•E toy to buy…

Which instrument?

Rachel: On the piano.

As an addition to my previous list:

-When my church or school choose a Pixar movie for everyone to watch, I think get more excited than everyone else.

-I have the DVD for the Pixar Shorts (if only it could update itself and automatically add Presto!)

-I memorize breifly what happens in each scene of the Pixar film, usually by the second or third time I watch it.

-My friends and I used to, for fun, pass a journal around amongst each other, each person writing at least a sentence involving Pixar characters. Later, it all builds up to a silly, random Pixar crossover story.

-I freaked out excitedly about the Incredibles making appearances on many Disney on Ice shows.

-When the news on T.V. showed a Pixar-based parade in Disneyland, I couldn’t get calmed down easily.

-Though not the biggest fan on Pixar Planet, I am the biggest fan out of my family and friends. At least, I think I am. Even if I’m not, I show it more. :stuck_out_tongue:

Would I call myself the biggest fan? I don’t know. But I am the biggest one around in my area :wink: I know more about them and their movies than anyone else I talk to. I eat up all those DVD extras and I love seeing how and why things were done. Plus I’m more than impressed with what they’ve done. And while I dont particularly like everything they’ve done, I cant say anything they’ve done is terrible.

Knowledge makes you a fan.

knowing all of the movies…some of the greatest lines…and knowing that your not the most passionite fan…makes you;

Middle high fan!!

Pixar will always have a special place in my heart. Pixar is the reason I am pursuing a career in animation. I’ve always loved cartoons, but I don’t think I have a strong enough drawing ability to be able to do 2D animation. I almost gave up the hope of becoming an animator until I realized that Pixar does with computers! My whole world just opened up and I am having the best time of my life learning the amazing art of animation.

Pixar is an inspiration. As if their animation wasn’t mind-blowing the way it is, but they have AMAZING story telling abilities and character development. With that combination of sheer talent, it is not hard to believe that they are able to create hit after hit.

Now, I don’t have all the movies memorized nor do I own much Pixar merchandise (that may change soon though!). I do think of Pixar everyday though and I dream of working there…. Or at least being able to visit. Whenever I need some motivation, I always turn to a Pixar movie and it never fails to inspire and motivate me. I’m getting quite giddy just sitting here thinking about Pixar right now. YAY PIXAR!

I am applying for a summer undergraduate program at Pixar that deals with the technical side of animation like modeling, rigging, lighting, etc…. I hope that if I can get in, it will be like a foot in the door and an internship won’t be far behind!

Biggest fan? Maybe not the biggest. I love Pixar and ALL of their movies, especially Wall-E and Ratatouille, but maybe not as much as other people may.

Maybe I’ll keep the list thing going

-Only started to really love Pixar and actually appreciate them alone and not just the movies just after I saw Wall-E for the first time (I explain in my profile).

-They’ve made only a few movies like what 10? Where Disney’s made like tons and tons and yet I still look at Pixar the best, because all of their movies have been in the top if it wasn’t 1st.

-I have Wall-E, The Incredibles, and finding Nemo on my iPod to watch wherever, savin up to buy Ratatouille (I buy stuff with gift cards :stuck_out_tongue:). I watch them whenever I can.

-I’ve memorized almost every line and sound in Wall-E like when it happens, and I can tell the story in perfect detail backwards and forwards due to watching it so many times. took a while, I didnt TRY to memorize it but the story was so interesting I couldn’t stop watching it.

-My heart skips a few beats the very second I hear someone talking about Wall-E or Pixar.

-I go on all the Pixar employees’ blogs, mostly Austin Madison’s because I think he updates the most and puts up interesting posts about Pixar and other stuff. And I also go on this site like 10 times a day since I joined. And I check the Pixar Blog every once in a while to see what they’re doing and what they’re working on.

-I cried when I found out Madagascar got more than Wall-E. And it takes a lot to make me cry, like you have to shoot me in the face or something.

-Did I mention I did all these things in the past few months?

-I love drawing Pixar characters, because of how funny the shape is, and plus it’s good practice for a person who got a late start in art.

-I want to work at Pixar, because it’s like the number one place, I think, in the world to work, because of the pool and the pool table, and teh free cereal and all the happy people. Not even Google can beat what they have at Pixar, not matter how much fun they SEEM to be having.

-When at Target or any similar store I like to look around the Pixar merchandise, I don’t buy anything, mostly because I don’t need it and I’m a big believer in saving money when it comes to merchandise, except for movies on itunes. :slight_smile:

-I don’t like Disney anymore, just Pinnochio.

-I think Pixar will always, always, always be the ones who make the best, best, best films, always. I believe they will never disappoint me. They’ve always made great if not the best films, how could they continue not to?

-Also, my friends think I’m a little Pixar obsessed, but they think it’s cool I’m so inspired by them.

I think the only person I know of who loved Pixar more than me was Justin Wright, the story artist. He’s one of my heros I look up to along with Bob Peterson and Austin Madison. Just wish there was more of what he did I could be inspired by.

Well, I was the biggest fan…

until I found this thread x)

I think I make a pretty close second.

• I’ve seen every Pixar movie in theaters (with the exception of Toy Story, considering I was barely 3 at the release date…)

• I own all the movies on DVD and half of them on VHS

• Yay commentaries!!
  • When WALL•E was released - I bought the movie that night - I carried the DVD in my backpack to school in the day after, and the day after that, and the day after that… until the day we had a party in Spanish class and we watched it in there (in English though… did you know that’s the only language option on the DVD?)

• I borrowed $20 from a friend while on a band trip so I could buy a WALL•E Axiom t-shirt

• Whenever we have a Movie Night in our school (I do this program where it’s like a school within a school) , one of the teachers asks for my approval to watch an animated film that’s not Pixar x)

• My friends have learned to quickly change the subject smoothly whenever I began to ramble on about Pixar

• I’m doing a project in school where I have to create my own country and give it a history and flag and a name

• For the flag, I planned to do the Luxo Ball, and did manage to find a way to get the star un-red so it doesn’t look like a communist country
    - For the names that the country goes through are Indlianm ([u]In[/u]dustrial [u]Li[/u]ght [u]An[/u]d [u]M[/u]agic (for when Pixar was beginning at LucasFilm)), Pikczar (self explanitory), and then it becomes annexed into Disknee (Dis-ney (knee))

- The islands that Pikczar is made up of look oddly like Eve flying in space with the blue rings behind her

• I got Pixar Monopoly from a friend for my birthday, and that day (because she brought it to school) I carried it in my hands, so I could show it to the world

• I’ve also taken a picture of all of the pieces of the Monopoly game
  • I’ve tried to open my digital copy of the WALL•E disk at school on one of the laptops

• I check Pixar Planet at school, just incase I don’t get time to do so at home

• I’ve held a conversation with my step-dad where we just replied with quotes from the movies

• One of my friends told me that we’re trying to get the copyrights to play a song from the end credit from WALL•E, and when she asked me what song it was, I immediatly responded with Horizon 12.2, but after she looked at me funny, I figured she was talking about Down to Earth

• I have read The Pixar Story multiple times

• The same friend who gave me the Monopoly game also gave me an article she found in the newspaper about the book
  • I did spend $60 on To Infinity and Beyond by Leslie Iwerks

• I also DVR’d To Infinity and Beyond after watching it on Starz at four in the morning on Christmas Day
  • I have an aquarium game for my DS, and I named the two clownfish Coral and Marlin, and their children Nemo and Marlin Jr.

• I also put Dory in the tank too
  • I have been to a Dinoco

• When going to Hot Topic the other day, they had a WALL•E shirt on display and I freaked out, my friends had to calm me down

• I have WALL•E bedsheets

• Pixar is one of the few studios that does not need sequels to continue staying alive

• At one point I did own all of the Pixar soundtracks

• At the Discussion Board for one of my classes, I find a quote to use as the thread title

[u]I know there’s more, but I can’t think of anymore

And wow! I have a ton of WALL•E items…[/u]

• Oh yeah, I’ve watched all the movies (avaliable with this option) in the Spanish language too… good times, good times.

I’m not the biggest Pixar fan ever, but I’d say I’m the biggest fan I know in real life.

• I know a lot about Pixar. I often talk about it when nobody wants to listen. :stuck_out_tongue:

• I have some Wall-E merchandise, including a fairly large movie poster in my room.

• I would really, really like to work at Pixar.

That’s about it…

I’m probably not Pixar’s biggest fan (but the biggest fan of Cars from what I know of) but I’ll list stuff.

I’ve been a fan since Toy Story came out (which so happened to be the year I was born- Yay!!)

I watched the Toy Story tape so much, I ruined it.

I’ve seen all the movies and I’m gonna go see Up the day it opens (the day after by birthday).

I may not own all the DVD’s, but I do own both TS movies, Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles (I don’t know why I still have that one) and (of course) Cars!!!

I owned a Woody, Buzz, and Jessie doll all at one point.

I have Cars stuff all throughout my room.

I joined this forum. :laughing:

I may have more later, but for now, I don’t.

I’m a closeted Pixar fan. Although I think it’s showing, especially my Violet Parr imitations - they’re really random and always appear in awkward situations.

(N.B. I was trying to imply a closet lampooning, but I think it doesn’t work. :frowning:)

I know I’m the biggest Pixar fan.

I’m such a big fan, I snuck into Pixar headquarters in Emeryville and they gave me a Visitors Sticker that said, “A Stranger from the Outside!”

True story.

:laughing: That’s amazing, TheIncredible. Only Pixar would be inventive enough to use a quote from one of their own films as a sticker for visitors.

1. I made WALL-E out of an old tissue box (If you wanna see it, check the thread You know you’ve got WALL-E fever when…)
  2. I am addicted to Pixar soundtracks.
  3. If i’m bored, I’ll write a random Pixar quote like SQUIRREL in a notebook.
  4. Random things like corn make me think of pixar movies.
  5. I’m hurrying to type this so I can get off the computers and make some Cars graphics!