Would Disney/Pixar sue me if... ...

… I made clay animated versions of Toy Story and post it on YouTube?

I heard that Pixar choose Michael Arndt’s screenplay better than Jim Herzfeld’s. Jim Herzfeld’s version of TS3 was scrapped and cancelled and liked Michael Arndt’s version better.

Jim Herzfeld’s version of TS3 had the Buzz Lightyears recalled to Taiwan after a series of maldunctions. Michael Arndt’s version of TS3 had Andy going away to college and leaviung his toys away at a day care center. I wanted Jim Herzfeld’s version.

Does anybody remember the Toy Story treats from the 10th anniversary edition special that airred on Disney’s One Saturday Morning? They, unfortuantelly never made those for TS2. What I’m doing now is planning to make the shorts for TS2 and after that I will have my friends assist me in making my claymated version of TS3 with the Buzz plot. The scripts and layouts for the shorts and movie I’m doing now.

As much as I would like others to see my work having Disney/Pixar on our backs will not be a good thing at all.

I don’t think they would mind. After I make something purely out of fandom (ex: A music video or fanfiction), I make sure to put a disclaimer in it. BUt I don’t think Disney or Pixar would sue you if you do your clay animation stuff.

Your clay animation ideas sound really cool, emergencyexit42! I don’t think that you’d be sued for them or anything especially if you put a disclaimer at the end of them. It’s the same concept as other forms of fandom, like fanfiction and fan art.

That does sound neat, and no I don’t think there would be trouble, as long as their was a disclaimer saying where the characters were from, and it wouldnt hurt to say where the story idea came from either.

I don’t think they would. MadTV made clay animations and … erm, well … it was of the adult nature … :laughing: So, I think you’re safe. After all, you’re not profiting off of it - I dunno how MadTV worked that out … but, you’re not profiting from it = you’re safe. :smiley:

Parodies and spoofs are odd things when it comes to copyrights and such…