WBoon's Official Production Notes Thread

Well, since I’m extremely bored at the peak of the morning, having to recently finished my sig and, earlier on, the second and final part of Chapter Two of my fan fic, I thought I might as well do something ‘productive’ rather than continue sit around daydreaming.

This is where I’ll post all the ‘behind the scenes’ of all my work, especially for my Young Generation fan fic. Since that was situated in a TV series format, this thread fits suitably well for it.

As with most ‘behind-the-scenes’ featurette, it is always began with a montage of clips that lets you get an insight into the workpiece first, so…

cue Butterfly as a series of clips from the Young Generation TV show plays on

Incredibles: Young Generation - Beyond The Adventure
To understand the origins of this improbable crossover, one has to go back to the time when this thread-starter was in the Seventh Grade, more or less. A younger, innocent child filled with extreme boredom as I was today let his imagination ran wild during what was probably an important lesson. However, in his own little dream world, WBoon, through his fascination of dinosaurs, sketched out a chimeric creature on a simple piece of paper that would soon become an essential character in his future artworks, both literal and graphical.

Part 1 - Humble Origins
It was bulkier than the Chimera Kid I had described in Incredibles Sequel, the story where he made his first debut. It was originally a huge monstrous creature, with horns of Triceratops, a long slender neck of an Ultrasaurus (considered by me back then to be the tallest animal there ever was), armored scutes and a club tail of an Ankylosaurus, and on the club that was at the edge of its equally spike-filled tail, long, protruding spikes stuck out along its bony surface like those of a Stegosaurus.

Basically, it was composed of many dinosaur body parts. It was supposed to be the ultimate fighter. But, of course, that soon changed to something… grander.

Upon returning to my interest of Digimon in later years, I soon gave it a name. “Beastmon” was the name of its pre-evolved form; GreyBeastmon was its name, obviously inspired from the ever renowned Greymon. I even went as far as modifying it during classes. I was totally obsessed with it. I gave it metallic armor in its more advanced, evolved forms; rocket launchers (which I had considered to be the most powerful weapon there was then) even, a lot of cool stuff.

Come 2004, The Incredibles arrived. My, I remember clutching to that sticker album, printing those screenshots of Violet just to look at her a little more… ahem, anyway. With her arrival, the obsession - and creation - grew.

Originally, I had only paired her up with the only imaginable person I could pair her up with; Kudo Shinichi, my other favorite character. Those good old days were glorious. I was already picturing the couple in the various TV shows I like. I had him acting as Beast Boy in Teen Titans, her as Starfire, then it even went further till their childhood, where he played the role of Tommy from, you guess it, the Rugrats. :stuck_out_tongue:

So, the coupling went on and on. I was imagining all of such scenes with those two characters in it while I was watching hundreds of TV shows day and night. It was… heh, really something.

During the times when I had Kudo played the role of Beast Boy, I also gave him the personality of Robin, too, as well as the interactions he exchanged with Starfire. Before long, I started to relate “Beastmon” with “Kudo the ‘Beast Boy’.”

Eventually, jumping all the way to 2008, Akai Tanner was born. I couldn’t really destroy the chronology of my favorite anime, so I thought a separate character was much more fitting. He was probably a combination of all the male characters I love; Cartoon Network’s Beast Boy’s (their version is much more different than the comic book version) sense of humor, Shinichi’s intelligence (of course), and Taichi Yagami’s thick-headed attitude and leadership skills.

With all of such contradicting traits in his ill-tempered persona, he’s a really unique character, I would say. He’s not incredibly smart to start with, but as he grows more mature and as he put away his ego, he would be able to think more clearly, as you shall see in future stories.

That, of course, meant great news for Violet Parr; bad ones for Tony Rydinger. :stuck_out_tongue:

After that, as they say, is history. The Incredibles Sequel fan fic is born, followed by the major crossover between my two favorites; Digimon Adventure (never really liked the later seasons) and The Incredibles, Young Generation.

Well, it’s 6:15 AM, and my eyes are getting heavy, so I’m going to rest them for a while. I’ll share my experiences about my first fan fic in Pixar Planet forums - at another time.

Till then, feel free to comment and inquire. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is WBoon, signing off.
:sunglasses:

So are you suffering difficulties with this story or has it been rather smooth?

Al-Bob: Erm, if you’re talking about “ii - An Incredibles Sequel”, it is merely put on halt for a while. Eventually, I’ll work on it again, but till then, just enjoy yourself with Young Generation; it’s a good read. :wink:

However, if you are referring to the latter, yes, there are still a few bumps to work out, naturally, especially with a ‘big project’ coming up. The story-planning has been somewhat easy, as all I have to do is to follow the plot lines of Digimon Adventure. But, just to fit into The Incredibles universe, I have to tweak certain scenes to either fit them in the chronology, or just to have some pure Pixar cameo fun. :slight_smile:

Part 2 - Not Just Another Bad Sequel
What is most important before anyone starts a fan fiction is to have a story. However, I did not really expect the first one of mine to really go anywhere in these forums, so, naturally, all I got was a crazy idea for a sequel to The Incredibles movie.

The prologue was placed right after the events you see in The Incredibles game, “Rise Of The Underminer.” He was a bit tricky to work with, especially when I was a newb at professional fan fic writing, but it managed to work out, any I managed to attract at least three to four people to my story.

Originally, I had a really difficult time describing the Underminer’s fall off the mountain, but then, with the help of Dictionary/Thesaurus.com, poof, the prologue of a major sequel - in the making - is formed.

Espio-Mirage

I always thought Mirage was a little… undermined, too. She had her screen-time, sure, but all she ever will be is a mere side character who was once a super villain’s pet.

That just didn’t work for me.

So, as you can see from the scene above, she seems to be working for some other large organization now. Who? What? Why was she in it? All of those questions would soon build up to a really conflicting story line filled with tons of drama exchanged between, naturally, Mr. Incredible and Mirage. She does have a real name, though, which might be revealed a little later.

However, since I won’t be working on the story for a little while, I won’t be boosting your excitement about this any more than I might have.

An Innocent Morning
Chapter One starts off with the Parrs driving down the streets to Violet’s school, where the principal, Mr. Stanton, first name unknown to the readers, stood strictly but warmly in front of the school doors, rushing them to their respective classes.

Now, some might had noticed that I kept Helen’s attitude a little lighter than it was portrayed in the movie. Well, as you know, after the incident, the mother, daughter and son seemed to understand each other a little bit. I didn’t really want to make them seem constantly hostile to each other as some Incredibles fan fics had depicted, so I thought that since they were able to survive a catastrophic disaster that almost took each of their lives, they would better appreciate each other and thus, become more relenting.

The scene shared between Dash and “Mr. Kropp” (whose name was informed to me by a knowledgeable TSS) was quite interesting, I would say. Dash has matured, but he still can’t help teasing his teacher at least a little bit, especially when Bernie was still under the impression that Dashiell was still the naughty kid he knew.

I had several ideas about the next scene, one of which included minions of some greater villain charging in through the windows. But, as you can tell, that wasn’t very smooth, kinda corny, actually. So, scrap that. Another one was robots attacking, but, since we already had the Omnidroid in the first movie, it wasn’t very original.

Thus comes the miniature bomb. It was something like that of Bomb Voyage’s, but in a diamond shape. Being Incredible’s son, Dash naturally knew about its hazards, even if it wasn’t displayed till a bit later.

Bernie Kropp’s personality was a little tricky to depict, but I mimicked most of his traits and lines from Professor Rotwood from the American Dragon: Jake Long series.They both had a personal grudge against the male lead character (in which The Incredibles Bob being the main-male lead), they are both grumpy and they both have a bad hairdo. :slight_smile: But Bernie’s just bald, so his is acceptable. :laughing:

Sinister - Or Just Plain Cliche?
So, as the story unfolds, you see Mr. Kropp protecting his student - even his most hated one - from danger, which kinda showed the humanity in him rather than just having him being another ireful teacher.

I know that the ending in Chapter Three was rather melodramatic, but I was definitely trying too hard to build up the tension for the next chapter, so, my bad. Won’t happen next time, guys.

The swirling vortex of doom, actually, was unplanned for; it was the spur of a moment. That’s why it caused a lot of problems in story-planning later on. I had to try and adjust the story so that it fits with what’s going on in Chapter Two. Nevertheless, in the end, it’s all good. A new villain has been came up with, actually, one that has unimaginable powers, but, again, don’t want to excite you that much. :wink:

Kari’s scene was hard. TSS did not understand the scene due to all the descriptions I put in, he said, but it was, in actuality, a lot of complicated human emotions put in there. Very difficult to understand for some, I know, but it was kinda waste for people not to see the tremendous pain Kari was going through, which will soon build up for, well, something ‘sinister,’ of course. :wink:

Life’s Story
The title of Chapter Three was quite deep, I know. I had a lot of fun writing this one, because of the first appearance of Chimera Kid and his mysterious arch rival, the Spectre. We also have Violet’s first date with Tony. Didn’t go so well at first, but as you read on, your Viony fans would probably squeal in excitement as they share their first kiss behind the enchanting moonlight.

Though Tony is every Violet fan’s love rival, especially mine (LMAO!), I do consider him as an understanding person, a friendly, cool jockey, if you will, much more of a gentleman than the usually brainless quarterbacks in stereotype.

As you can see in the chapter, there are a lot more emotions exchanged in there, much easier to comprehend compared to those presented previously, probably because this is a character you are much interested in. :stuck_out_tongue:

I like to see Violet large and in charge, so I had her sort of controlling the situation. It was really hard for her and it would only get harder, but that, my friends, is better off left discussed in another time in another post.

Then comes the melodramatic scene. It wasn’t easy for me to work out Violet’s guilt for her brother in many ways, so, I apologize that I had not the capability to really bring out her feelings in the best manner.

It’s funny. I intended for her mum to scold her heavily at first, making her feel miserable before apologizing the next day. But, I thought, she wasn’t an unreasonable mother. She was under a lot of pressure as you will see in the next chapter, but she was not unreasonable.

So, all in all, it was supposed to be a really grim picture, but then it was badly done so, pardon me for that. :stuck_out_tongue: Guess I didn’t trigger any tears either. Heh.

Next, I want to talk about a big project coming up in the Young Generation series, sometime in May next year. It is a full length, fan made action blockbuster bringing together, for the first time in Pixar history, a crossover of the two most emotional stories - on the big screen… or at least, the widescreen of YouTube. :stuck_out_tongue:

Coming in May,
The Incredibles: Young Generation - The Movie
Begin the adventure.

Well, as you might or might not know, my video making days are over (follow the link in my sig for info), so, that means no fan-made movies. :frowning:

No biggie. Time to move on with the next big thing; fan fiction. I may not be able to edit an action-packed blockbuster, but I can still write a kick-butt novel in the manner of a movie.

I’m going to talk a little about Young Generation for a while, but the main focus in this post will be the continuation of ii - An Incredibles Sequel; I have a good plot coming up.

With my interest of the Japanese Digimon animé series, I naturally moved on to crossing these two interests together, and you’ve got the Young Generation TV show.

Writing a story in the form of a TV show is never easy; but then again, so isn’t everything else. :wink:

I don’t want to create this crossover just for the sake of mixing the two universes together. I chose Digimon because the original, untapped Japanese animé had so much human emotions that were a waste to be ignored by the people who loves good stories; Pixar fans. It was going to be very compelling, a lot of tears would be involved, and the character - drove through a lot of tedious moments. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the ‘short stories’ didn’t attract too much attention. The second part of the second chapter, Explosive Power! Chimera Kid received zero reviews. Zero. Zinch. Nothing. And after this statement is posted, some might post a reluctant review, maybe drop a word of 'Good job" just to get me going, maybe drop a few sentences.

Yeah. :laughing:

So, it’s time to move on to Oscar materials. I’m talking about extremely deep story lines that is the material of an action blockbuster. No Pixar films, up to date, can ever compete against any blockbuster so far, except WALL•E which, isn’t a blockbuster. It’s too soft to be blockbuster. No. ‘Blockbuster’ has gotten a whole new definition… a brand new height, if you will.

To see what are the materials for a typical blockbuster, regardless of its quality, just look at the trailer that comes with it. It will always hit you in the stomach - not literally, of course. Most of them begin either eerie, grimy, or just plain cheery, but all they have in common is that it will be what everyone will be talking about.

And when I say ‘everyone,’ I mean it. Children, adults, grandparents; you got it. Why do you think they call it a ‘summer blockbuster?’ Because Summer is when the parents could take their children to watch the movie while enjoying it themselves rather than expect something expected in children films, the ‘happily ever after’ stereotype ending, and sleep through the two hours of seven bucks.

It doesn’t have to be of the action genre. Even Titanic is considered a blockbuster. Here’s a list of more blockbusters:

Spider-Man
Independence Day
The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Charlie’s Angels
Twilight (oh yeah; my attention is on this great novel now… gradually)
Transformers
Harry Potter movies
Lord of The Rings
X-Men (period)
The Da Vinci Code
Revolutionary Road
The Lion King
Toy Story
The Incredibles

The Incredibles really bought the people. It was the first Pixar film to have a PG-13 rating, as you all know. Toy Story, the animated film that took the world by storm. Its animation was fantastic and amazing at its time of the '90s. Transformers, a live action take-on of the children animated film. Excellent graphics and SFX brought the fantasy to live.

All these films have something to bring, they pack a heck lot of punch, and most importantly, they have a compelling story. All Oscar films for Best Movie.

Now, all I have to do now is write a heck of a good story, and I may just move somewhere from here.

Yes, this time, this is a more serious attempt rather than simple child’s play. After you juggle with the Incredibles universe for a while, it’s time to really get your head on and put down a masterpiece.

What is this story about? I’d hate to do a second retype, so just follow the link below and you shall find out. :wink: I’m really hoping Brad would at least take a look at this one, 'coz it’s quite good.

Wow…you write a lot. I could do that if i had more time in the day.

So Incredible Generation is the story working on right now. Sounds good…i’ll make sure to stay up to date on that one.

Wboon: Actually, The Incredibles is the first Pixar Film to recieve a PG rating, not PG-13.

You mean they rated Toy Story as “G”

They couldn’t have…“The word i’m looking for i can’t say because there are preschool toys here.”

No…

First of all, it’s called Young Generation. Second, I’ll be working on ii right now, so there’s really not much time to be working on another fan fic like that, especially with its extremely low popularity.

And yeah, PG-rating. Hm, maybe I can push it up a notch to be a PG-13 rating with ii.

Incredibles is definitely something to be proud of, because it is not just a kiddy film but one that has entered into mature themes. No more of those childish fantasies (which are great for a while, but not as good to comfort us in the cruel reality with its unreal atmosphere), but the first step towards real, hard hitting story lines are finally introduced.