Pixar Food

I didn’t know where else I could post this, but I made a cake a few months back. I had been going through some photos from last year and I found this one. Sorry if it needs to be posted somewhere else.

It’s a shame it had to be eaten! It looks so cool! Pixar would love to see this.

Yummy. Did you make that yourself, The Pixarian?

rachel I did make it myself and it took me about five hours. I have no idea it would take me so long! The reason it did was because I only had two bags for icing and there are a lot of colors in the Wall E cake. I had to wash them out completely and put the other color in the bag. It didn’t help that I forgot to finish two colors and had to go back to the colors I just washed out.

That looks so yummy, The Pixarian! What was the top made out of? Are the black bits raisins? It must’ve been heartbreaking to have had to eat WALL-E. :laughing:

The picture is too small to tell, but it’s all actually icing. Some is black and some is gray.

I forgot to say this in my first post so I’ll add it in now. This is the first cake I’ve ever made.

The Pixarian- Oh, I see! The textured effect makes it look like something else. Yummy either way, and very impressive for a first cake! :smiley:

Nice WALL-E cake. Just looking at the picture made me hungry.

Five hours? That’s a long time. Was that for any special occasion, or you just felt like making it? :slight_smile:

Best. Cake. Ever.

Enough said. ;D

Wow. That’s a long time to work on a cake! But it turned out really well!

That cake is sweet! i remember i had a Toy Story cake for my 5th birthday. :slight_smile:

Ha! I had a Cars cake for my 21st birthday!

Going to make Ratatouille Remy-style for lunch - feeling quite adventurous today! Been watching the DVD like crazy to learn on how Remy does it, and also been mapping it out with a real ratatouille recipe. I’ll post some pictures once I’ve finished it. :slight_smile:

EDIT (I wish I could bump this, but I can’t!): I’ve finally put up the photos of my (failed) attempt at recreating Remy’s ratatouille:

flickr.com/photos/phileasmann/

It’s harder than it looks! Why does Remy have to make it look so easy?!!?!?!!?!?

I think your Ratatouille looks really nice, Phileas! Considering that Remy is a very talented chef, you’ve done well to recreate his signature dish, and I’m surprised it hasn’t been done before! :smiley:

Wow, looking at that ratatouille made me really hungry, and I just had lunch.

It looks amazing if it looks so real.