Wall-E: The Fan Game ~ DEMO 2 OUT NOW!

Wall-E The Fangame, Demo 2 out now!
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, life and other opposing matters, this project has been put on hold. Want it to continue? Promote the project!

[b]DOWNLOAD DEMO 2 NOW!

[u][i][url]http://tinyurl.com/WTFGCER[/url][/i][/u]

Enjoy!
[/b]

For past reference:

Demo 1:
Normal Edition
Vista / 7 Edition

Make sure you download the version corresponding to your operating system!

The stage template you can expect from the game, created by Halos Nach Tariff!

Wall•E:
•Act 1: ‘Put on your Sunday clothes.’
-Stage 1.1: ‘The Soil Wastes’ (STAGE COMPLETED)
-Stage 1.2: ‘The Dust City’ (In Progress)
-Stage 1.3: ‘The Lake Bed’
•Act 2: ‘There’s lots of world out there.’
-Stage 2.1: ‘The Axiom Highway’
-Stage 2.2: ‘The Repair Ward’
-Stage 2.3: ‘Define Dancing’
•Act 3: ‘Down to Earth’
-Stage 3.1: ‘The Garbage Airlock’
-Stage 3.2: ‘The Lido Deck’
-Stage 3.3: ‘It only takes a moment’

EVE:
•Act 1: DIRECTIVE: PLANT
•Act 2: DIRECTIVE: UNCONFIRMED
•Act 3: DIRECTIVE: WALL•E

Video:

Gameplay Footage 1
Demo 2 Trailer!
Demo 2 Guide With Commentary! (This one gives out secrets!)

This sounds so cool! I’d be happy to Beta test it once a suitable test version is released, if you need a tester. Sadly I have no talent for spriting, so I can’t help with graphics. I really wish I could be of more use here…

Anyhow, this is an ambitious project and I applaud you for undertaking it!

Dude, this sounds like it is going to be something so incredibly epic! What a sweet idea you have came up with. I can’t wait to see it.

Opps. I lied.

s644.photobucket.com/albums/uu16 … e_0001.flv

I apologize for the poor video quality, I’ve never had this much trouble with CamStudio before…

It’s pretty obvious this isn’t ready for anything yet. I still need to program Eve and M-O in, and than I need to give them all there own special ability’s. Oh, and I need a real stage. This one just shows off what I got done.

Enjoy and discuss!

P.S. If you look on the border of the video, you can tell I have a Wall-E Wallpaper… quite fitting if you ask me, XD

wow…will this be open to the public??

Wow, an old-fashioned 2-D side-scroller! So retro, and so Wall-E! :smiley:
Now that’s what I call fanwork! Great job on the menu screen music and the sound effects when Wall-E jumps and ‘dies’. :slight_smile:
I want to play a Beta too!

I use Game Maker, and I can see that this is pretty good. If I had one suggestion, it’d be not to use MP3 files. They’ll make the game file so huge that half of the people won’t be able to download it. Just stick to .midi files for music.

Hah, that’s quite impressive, the only games I can make are on the Warcraft 3 world editor, and then all the hard works already done!

I can see what you mean about prettying up the environment but your animations and sound effects are solid. Also I’m loving the 8-bit look!

That’s awesome and SO cute, and better than the WALL-E game by THQ, if you ask me. You even put one of the best tracks from the score in it, and the sound effects, lol. Yeah, for the most part 2-D side scrollers pwn any of those fangdangled “3-D” games these days (and they don’t give me a headache like 3-D games do). That’s very talented for you to create a game like this. Can’t wait to see what EVE and M-O look like, and the rest of the game.

Al-Bob: The actual source code? Probably not. But the game, ya. As soon as the demo is ready. XD

thedriveintheatre: Thanks. I had to rip all of the sound effects myself. It takes a lot more time than you’d think. o.o

Bryko614: Ya, Actually I’m using the Supersound.Dll to load .ogg files into the game instead of MP3s, so it doesint take up as much space. But your right, the current file is about 7 Megabytes. Unfortonately, I had an extremely hard time finding any Wall-E Midi’s. :confused:

Halos Nach Tariff: Lol, actually, my animations still need a bit of work. When Wall-E moves, the only thing sthat happens is I push his head out like 2 pixels. I need to animate his treads too XD

rachelcakes1985: Thanks. Ya, actually not going the 3D route posed a problem because Wall-E is fairly limited in what he can or can not do. So I had to figure out how to make this game good but not go the same route THQ did with there version of it.

I feel like I need to explain why I’m not releasing this game at the moment, there is a few reasons.

The sounds are starting to get solid, as you can tell. I have one of the tracks from the Wall-E Soundtrack play, as long as a short, looping clip of the wind. When Wall-E Jumps, that his him shutting his compactor, And when he jumps on that yellow “Ball” that’s the sound he made when he went over that Hula-Hoop in Treasures and Trinkets. I even have it randomly do the “Compute” sound, and sometimes I’ll have Wall-E say something. The problem is, it’s only when you press “left” that the Treads play as you move, because when I program it do to it for the opposite direction, it keeps trying to loop the song and it slows it down to a point of being non playable.

Also, I need to remove the rolling code from this (this used to be a Sonic engine.) Because if you are moving and you press down he will look like he’s jumping… on the ground. :confused:

And the last two reasons are obvious - I still need to program Eve and M-O in, and I need some more stages (better ones would be good too.)

Thank’s for your comments!

I am SO impressed, Mygames19! What you’ve done so far is brilliant! As the others have said, the 2D approach works really well with WALL-E and it reminds me of the ending credits of the film where we see the characters all pixelated and zooming around the screen. It must’ve taken you a very long time to get to this stage! It’s your attention to detail that’s made it really good so far- the way WALL-E’s treads sort of change shape when he stops and starts makes them look all the more convincing. The sounds effects and choice of music work perfectly too. I can’t wait to see this finished!

Ooh, if you get everyone here to design a level (or a part of it) we might be able to help you…

Dude, Impressive. i saw the video footage of it and i thought it looked really promising.

Mygames19 - This is fantastic. I always wanted to see a video game based off of the pixel images of the characters that we see during the end credits of WALL•E, and here it is! I can only imagine how much time you must have devoted (and are still devoting) to this project. The sound effects, graphics, and music all blends together marvelously, and, like everyone else, I can’t wait to see the finished product.

Great work! Keep it up! :smiley:

– Mitch

lizardgirl: Haha, Thanks. Actually, I’ve only been working on this for about two weeks now (since the engine was based off of a old Sonic one I did a while ago.) But most of my free time has been spent working on the game anyhow, so… ya. :slight_smile:

Halos Nach Tariff: Actually, that’s a good idea. If any of you want to help with this project, get out a piece of paper and throw a stage together. Scan it, and send me a picture and I’ll translate it into a in-stage game in whatever way I can. :slight_smile:

The Star Swordsman: Thanks. There are some things that are easily noticeable that I need to change. For example “Character” Is spelt “Charactor” On the character select screen (LOL) and the HUD still say’s “Rings”. I’m gonna be working on changing that to “Charge”, and putting a percentage up there. And maybe some energy packs for something… I’ll have to figure out how I want Wall-E’s heath to work.

Mitch: Glad you’re loving what I have up so far. Your right, a LOT of time has gone into this project… throughout the past two weeks XD

Here’s a snapshot so that you can see the actual quality of the game (Camstudio doesn’t do a good job of capturing good footage, but it gets the job done.)

Mygames19 - Wow. It’s only taken you a couple of weeks to get the game this far down the road? To me, that’s impressive.

The quality of the game does look better in that screenshot. CamStudio doesn’t make it look too bad, though. No matter what it looks like, I’d still want to play it. :wink:

– Mitch

Thanks again, Mitch!

New video for you all!

it’s footage of the work I got done in today. it Includes “Charge”, with percentage, along with getting hurt, gaining charge, and invincibility. Have a look!

s644.photobucket.com/albums/uu16 … age002.flv

also, all images and movies are now going to be added to the official Wall-E The Fan game “Website”. (it’s really just it’s own Photobucket account.) it’s found here:

s644.photobucket.com/albums/uu169/Wall-Efangame/

More to come!

Cool, I’ll watch the film again and see what would make good levels.

Do you have any ideas for the characters ‘special abilities’ yet? AS I was thinking that Wall•e should be able to collect rubbish, squash it into a cube and then use the cube as a platform? Or to weigh down switches. Eve could fly and shoot things and M.O. could, ummm, maybe use maintenance tunnels in the Axiom to enter the background of the stage to bypass obstacles?

I can’t wait to see this as it progresses.

For a production of a mini-game, this is actually quite a good effort. Very reminiscent of similar games with the same gameplay (Super Mario Brothers anyone?), with a Wall-E twist. That’s great! Looking forward to playing this.

Halos Nach Tariff: Ya, I’ve been thinking about how I’ll program in some special abilities like the one you mentioned, and I think I have an idea, but it’s a stretch. Basicly Wall-E can compact the trash, than pick it up and move it so he can get past a taller platform.

EVE will actually fly. I don’t want her to be a character where you just fly though the sage though… As for M-O, his stages will probably be timed or missions of some sort. Still trying to figure that out though.

Phileas: Actually, this is hopefully going to develop into something like what THQ did, where the game plays and evolves around the story. We’ll see. :wink:

QUICK UPDATE:
Just an update for anyone who’s snooping around, I’m currently working on a Wall-E The Fangame website. It should be up tomorrow (on April 8th!) So be prepared for that.