Pixar Cosplays

Pixar Cosplays? I think it would be fun!

For those who don’t know what cosplays are, cosplays are literally “costume play”. You dress up as a character (mostly from animes, sci-fi, comic book characters) and you can reenact scenes and be like the characters. It’s quite fun!

If I were to cosplay as a Pixar character, it would definately be Violet, from The Incredibles.

If I could, I could dress up my 4-year old cousin as Boo, from Monster’s Inc. (Although, I think she is Boo… :open_mouth: )

If any of you dressed up as Pixar characters, you may share and/or post pictures! I would like to see if you have any. If you haven’t cosplayed as anyone, then share who you would like to cosplay as. I would like to know! I’m a very curious person.

I don’t have a picture yet but I have a good Idea. Mike dressed up as a clown! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have cosplayed as an Incredible. I have yet to expand on other characters though.

Cosplaying as Buzz would be pretty fun- I’d like to make his Space Ranger suit, wings and all.

Halloween 2005 I rolled out as Dark Violet. That was good fun.

Haunt: ooh, that must’ve been cool. Got pictures?

Awww man really? That’s awesome! Yes, like Star Swordsman said, got pictures? I’m very curious. I would love to see 'em! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Oh me oh my it’s kind of embarrassing. I’m too lazy to edit them so don’t mind my buddy. We were pretty much just going for a dark theme that year.

pic 1
pic 2

Does anyone else have cosplay or costume? I love made costumes.

Oooh, that looks really cool. You look really nice in the dark Violet picture Haunt. You kind look like Violet a little if you know what I mean. :wink: You got long hair.

Now that sure is a unique cosplay, Haunt.

Cosplays can be very creative and it’s like “I’m looking at the live-action version of Sailor Moon!” or they can go horribly wrong and you end up with these. The trick is to pick a character that you physically look like.

I don’t think I’d cosplay because I’m too shy, but you never know. Here’s a girl who looks exactly like Violet dressed as a super.

TSS: Yeah, I’m a shaggy beast. It’s still about that length.

rachelcakes1985: Ughh, you getting dangerously close the realm of ‘Man-Faye’ with those pics.

And holy crap I’m super jealous that chick.

Wow Haunt, the Dark Violet outfit is really cool. I could totally see her dressing that way, too. And that other chick did a very good job!

But I agree cosplays can easily go wrong. Some of my friends are all into cosplays and they spend a lot of time and effort (and usually money) to get their costumes as accurate as possible. So they know which ones are good and which ones are epic fail.

I really like your costume, Haunt! The whole Dark Violet idea works really well. :smiley:

A few people in my Sixth Form have this whole thing about dressing up as certain anime characters and making their own costumes, and although it’s very creative and cool in that aspect, they always seem to end up looking like the kind of girls that stand on street corners, if you see what I mean. Not good at all.

That’s pretty cool Haunt!

when i was 5 years old i dressed up as woody for holloween i wonder if i have any pics from that decade :confused:

No to Cosplays!!!

^ Care to elaborate?

I always find cosplay to be a little, uhh, odd. I’m not particularly against it and I know lots of people take a lot of time making sure their costumes look good, but it just always seemed a little wierd to me.

Then again who am I to talk? I play D&D!

Neato Haunt! I like the domino mask and custom tee.

Rachel - Oh gosh… I wish I hadn’t seen that. :laughing: That’s fail of the highest levels of epicness. Trying to wipe those disturbing images from my mind. Got a squeegee? I need a brain-wash…

Oh dear, that musta come off lookin pretty bad from the sounds of it. Although there’s an unwritten rule that anime girls must wear skirts the width of tea towels…

I’ve been to a couple of cosfests in Singapore and Sydney (not as a cosplayer, more like amused bystander/photographer :stuck_out_tongue:). I don’t think I’ll have the guts to participate in this kinda phenomenon (not to mention my knowledge of contemporary anime is zilch, so I wouldn’t know who to dress up as). But I can see where they’re coming from, this is the rare occasion they get to play ‘dress up’ as their favourite fictional idols. After all, who doesn’t want to be a superhero for one day? :wink:

Really huh azzstar? Any reason why?