You Dream About Working In Pixar? Let's Do Something!

Hi all!
My name is Levan Topuria, I’m 28 years old and I’m From the Republic of Georgia.

ok here’s my point.
I love animated 3d films. especially ones from PIXAR!
watching those makes me happy :slight_smile: and I always wanted to be a part of the making process. but… due to some situations i never head a chance to do so :frowning: and the point is that I believe I’m not the only one :slight_smile:

so, here is what I’m trying to say :slight_smile:
what if we unite on this forum and try to do our own short film. The Pixar Planet Fans Short Film :slight_smile:

for example I have an idea about The Turtle Dreaming He Can Fly
someone can do the storyboard
someone can do Modeling, and Texturing, ect.

first of all i’m asking you to replay and write what you can do? so we can see if our knowledge is enough to complete the short film. and maybe we can get some help and advises from PIXARIANS wen they’ll have some free time :slight_smile:

for example i can do Editing and + add some Visual effects.
I’m not so good in Modeling and texturing but i can provide help with some easy objects.
and i can draw a very basic storyboard.

I understand this will be a vary hard task to do. but I thin this is a very good chance to do something!
I hope you Join this and i hope PIXAR PLANET will give us a Blessing to start working :slight_smile:

Edited. I “toned down” the title of this thread so as it’s not all in caps. (Caps = shouting.) – Mitch

Nice idea, but it might be difficult to do. We could use Blender for production, since that’s free and accessible by everyone.
I could work on story, maybe some storyboards, and animation.

If it did get done, though, it would be a great achievement for this community.

THX for joining!

most important thing is that people with needed knowledge joined us :slight_smile:
then we decide witch software we use :wink:

can you give a link on a sample of story or storyboard you’v created?

That sounds kind of cool! I’d love to help with story!

Sounds like a good idea. Community project? Im in! :smiley:

I’d love to do Storyboarding.

Only downfall is, we need to find someone who can do 3D animation. Anyone? XD (I could take a crack at it…)

I can do 3D animation to some extent…I’ve played around with it a lot, and I haven’t really had a lot of output from it, but I get the basics. It’s really not that difficult animate in 3D, it’s just difficult to get a good final product.

i can’t do animation…i’m a writer and storyline creator.
But if you need another storyline creator then PM me and we can get started.

ok ppl! I’m happy you like this idea :slight_smile:

Bryko614, Al-Bob,
can you work with bone system? and do facial animation?
I’v worked with 3D studio Max for some time but mostly my task was to animate different objects (for tv bumpers) I’v also worked with some architectural rendering (using Vray). but I’v never animated a “live person” (i actually tried to, but it was not serious… head no time to deeper my knowledge).

well, it’s only 2 days this topic exists :slight_smile: lets hope that animators and other artists will join us soon :slight_smile: and then we all start to think about THE STORY we’ll be able to finalize :sunglasses:

This Sounds like a great Idea! i wish you guys all the best. il keep my eye out for finished piece!

GoodLuck…

This sounds like a really cool idea! Unfortunately, because of other commitments and a general lack of artistic ability, I can’t really get involved in this project myself, but I’ll keep an eye out and see how things are going, and I look forward to seeing whatever happens with this! Nice idea, Levan. :smiley:

Boy Am I glad I looked at this forum.
I have Maya, Which I am currently teaching myself how to use, Also, Im an illustrator so I can do any character design, Ive also worked in the film industry as an associate editor so I know how to edit, put in special effects and what not…

Let me know If I can be of any assistance. I have a couple ideas for some shorts myself, and as far As the turtle dreaming to fly, I even have a tortoise I can model the character after. His name is Slowsky and he meanders over to the fence ever day (right now hes only about 5 or 6 inches big) and dreams of getting over the fence. Hes a character for sure! let me know,
maybe even send a pm?

This would be awesome to do.

Hey, you know though, we would need some music… right? :smiley:

I can do that… Well, me and my friends can. :sunglasses:

Count me in on this.

If we are gonna go though with this, we are gonna need to get started. Anyone else agree?

I think we need a new subforum or at least a topic dedicated to the short, and communication between writers and the director (who in this case seems to best fit the person who came up with the idea in the first place, Levan.) needs to begin.

When we have a basic idea together I’ll be more than happy to create a storyboard for it so we can visualize what we are going for. (you can check out my art in my DeviantART link in my signature if your wondering if I could pull it off.)

Who’s with me? :slight_smile:

(oh, and don’t worry, progress on my fangame will still go as planned.)

I may not have any artistic skils, but I am a performer. My strengths include acting and singing. If you need someone to voice a character or sing something in the back, don’t hesitate to PM me.

Mygames: That’s a pretty good idea, if this thing does work out (which hopefully it woud).

TSS: Whoo~ another musician!

Do we have a list of the names and what they want to do? That would also be good to organize

I could work on getting an script written if you have a basic idea for a story Levan. We could use Celtx (celtx.com/) because it’s free and cross platform and all of us could work in conjunction on the script.

I can do some enviroment modeling in 3D studio max, and I’ve done storyboarding before and am currently finishing up a short film so yeah I’d be interested in getting involved.

Looks what we need to get the ball rolling is animators. And to get them on board we’ll probably need a script and storyboard to get them interested.

Geoff CB: I checked out that site, pretty neat. I think it would be helpful in the project. And, I agree with you. I also believe that once we get the story and idea rolling, more experienced animators would join.

I made a list so far of the people that posted, just to keep things organized, instead of having to weave through the posts. Please tell me if I got anything wrong.

Levan: Mastermind ;D

Bryko614: Story, Storyboard, Animation

Mygames19: Storyboard

Al-Bob: Writer

Jsmead: Character Design, Editor

thewisecookiesheet: Composer

TSS: Actor, Singer

Geoff CB: Script, Modeling(?)

Has anyone heard of Mass Animation? I watched the process and if you’d like to check that out/study how it was done, it would help us.

I havent heard of it. but i would love to check it out and see if its something i could help with!

Jsmead: They’re doing a second round of it, because so many people have asked for it.

But, I just realized the downside of the MA process (I didn’t notice/realize/process this before), it only focuses on the animators. But still, the process was neat.

I looked up Mass Animation. It’s definitely similar to this idea, but I’m not a big fan of the idea of the short film itself.

Back to this…does anyone have any breaking story ideas? So far the only thing that’s been thought of is a turtle that wishes to fly. I think we should at least have some story progress soon, even though it hasn’t been that long since the thread was made.